Why is this board filled with shillcoin? Can we talk about stocks?

Why is this board filled with shillcoin? Can we talk about stocks?

What's the best I can expect with stocks? Like 1% a day?

Try month

how is shilling for stocks any better

i rmemeber when Veeky Forums had actual discussion about economics, finance and regulations like 2months ago....

You can make serious gains playing options you idiots
Because shitcoin is a meme

what is 1% of 200 thousand a day?

User has been banned for this post.

This board is all crypto all the time. Deal with it.

coins are fun, stocks are boring zzz

>he thinks 1% a day is low

fucking brainlet

robinhood general thread is stock market general

sell stocks buy crypto

buy high sell low

tesla is overvalued AF

Did you deleted ?

Yes, it is low, idiot, considering the high risk and volatility of any market. Several days in a row you earn 1%, but then you lose 10%, and you're lucky if you at least break even.

So, I won't even bother to take risks for 1% a day. It takes much less risk and brings a much higher ROI to do dropshipping or some kind of online marketing.

>its a big one

You realize that 1% a day is almost 38x annual gains right?

And who brings that money? Santa Claus every Christmas? In a guaranteed, risk-free way like you get your presents? When I take big risks, I want big rewards, end of story. Your "possible", "technically achievable" 38x annual gains are shit, because you can make much more launching a regular online business in a MORE risk-free way.

Crypto is a different story, though, because while you take huge risks, the reward can be crazy high too

There used to be a lot of threads about stocks before btc hit 1000.

You totally missed the point.

You dismissed 1% per day like its some paltry figure, but if you did that you would do 38x your portfolio in a year.

I guarantee your crypto portfolio doesnt do anywhere near 1% per day. Not even .1% per day.

38x a year is simply not enough considering the volatility, risks and the extensive time frame needed to recoup your losses in case if the market took a hit and you lost half your money. It's not guaranteed cash that you accumulate in a linear fashion wagecucking. So it's either bigger profits, or bust.

Also,
>implying I hold a crypto portfolio other than bitcoin

Those will come back when btc goes below 1000.

You realize that 1% per day is 5 000 000 000 000 000x per decade right?

I'm not sure why my first post didn't make you realize how retarded you sound, maybe this one will.

you must terribly inept with money. You are saying a 38x return is bad? The stock market isnt even that risky - crashes are rare and usually short lived. If you arent a retard its easy to invest in the right companies - apple, amazon, facebook, google, etc... they arent going anywhere anytime soon and even in the event of a crash they will rise back to their old values quickly

if I made a 1% per day return on my investments id be a billionaire by now

You can't hodl an option trust me I've tried

you only hold bitcoin?

Btc is way more volatile than any equities, and this year (its best ever), its done about 3x.

If you had bought in 2013 at 1k and held 4years until now to get to 2k, thats like .00001% per day.

Do you realize that 1% a day in the stock market is not real 1% a day, but just a chance for that 1%, right?

Yes, it is bad, because it's not guaranteed, it's not a sustainable way to make money and if you lose it, it will take forever to break even at that rate. You must be terribly inept with probabilities.

>The stock market isnt even that risky
lmao, cool story

I don't hodl, I trade and speculate, including lots of shitcoins

Holding shitcoins long-term doesn't make much sense, so there's only bitcoin (all coins are paired to it anyway)

Couldn't care less about volatility, I know how to profit off of it

you sound like you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. the stock market ISNT that risky - not large cap major companies - maybe if you sit there and day trade penny stocks? but overall it does the same thing, it has its ups and downs but over time it always increases gradually

and your comment about 1% per day is just the chance at 1%, that doesnt even make sense. First off there is no investment of any kind that pays 1% a day and there is no one out there saying there is a chance of that either.

YOU made the point that 1% per day is low, when in fact it is insanely high, proving you have no idea what you are talking about

But watching you attempt to defend yourself has been quite comical, thanks for keks user

he means an expected 1% a day you dimwit, that is on average you make 1% a day which is outrageous. Making 1% every day 50% of the time and losing 1% a day 50% of the time is making 0% a day fuck sake

no way in hell you profit well in this with your lack of understanding. Take outside pic of portfolio with time stamp

post some screenshots of your shitcoin trades/returns then.

If you beat the nasdaq (which is up about 30% year over year), I'll send you .01btc

I said in the beginning of the thread, what is the best you can expect? 1% a day? So yeah, that phase means the CHANCE at 1%. Of course it's unsustainable, because it's just a probability..

Yes, I do profit from crypto, and I even coded a small bot that brings me profit too. Sorry for breaking your illusions.

1% a day is shit when you can into crypto, prove me wrong

>If you beat the nasdaq (which is up about 30% year over year
Are you a newfag or something? Is it really a big surprise for you that people multiply their money by double digits in crypto?

calling me an idiot hahaha

you got BTFO by everyone here kys

shitcoin promoting retards haven't read the sticky

>1% a day? So yeah, that phase means the CHANCE at 1%

"1% a day" means that you average 1% a day.

Do you know the law of large numbers? Or better, the central limit theorem? It means that if you invest in something that has this performance for long enough you are _guaranteed_ to get that performance regardless of volatility.

>opinions
It's literally nocoiners who get AMAZED that you can get more than 30% a year in crypto.

Fuck you, seriously.

>1% a day = 7% per year

Money need to be in circulation. If you know ways to get a bigger ROI, why bother?

just post the your last few months trade history. I'll send you the btc

>investing in and holding grandpa money

We're so proud of you grandson! Make sure to listen to Warren Buffet and keep raising my pension money. Don't listen to those mean coiners just because they're making 500% returns, you're 2% annual return might beat the inflation our generation's needed social security bailout will cause! Now be a good boy and run to the corner store for grandpop, its about time for a new day planner.

>Money need to be in circulation. If you know ways to get a bigger ROI, why bother?

You can get a bigger ROI than a 5000 million million-fold increase in a decade?

Holy shit buddy.

The stock market isn't risky if you know what your doing, unlike gambling with Crypto. If you know a thing or two about how stocks work and have any plays, what you do is look for a stock to execute those plays on before bed and when you wake up. Once your in a comfortable situation you can calculate the risk percentage as well as the gains. For example, you might go into a trade looking at a 2% gain, with a 70% chance of it making that, but you set a stop-limit(if the odds aren't in your favor) for a .2% loss. I used to trade stocks much more often before I invested into crypto mining(3 month ROI), generally you would have 1-3 big plays(say 5-20% gains) a week,and have losses of coarse, but also many winners as well. Losing happens with trading, even if your 50/50 on your trades, if you set proper stop limits, you'll see gains.

Yes, idiot. It's a question a scalability. The more money you have, the harder it is to scale them. It is EXTREMELY easy to multiply smaller sums in crypto if you're not a brainlet. As I also said, there are other ways to get a good return on your investment if you do the right thing, like starting an online business. Unless you have TONS of $, it doesn't make sense to invest in your measly stocks. Speculation is a different topic, though, it usually involves skill, but we're not talking about speculation here, right?

>of coarse

Jesus Christ...

So... no, then?

I read your post as "bigger ROI than a 5000 million corporation" because the faggot above genuinely coudn't believe that people make with crypto way more than 30% a year

Anyway, I made it very clear in this thread that by "1%" I did not mean a guaranteed 1% in a statistical sense, but the "best possible expectation", yet you faggots still started defending those penny gains like crazy

>+900% in 5years

Holy shit all these shit coin shills got btfo and can only respond with le old people maymay

I just don't get it, why would you invest in stocks with a smaller sum when there are options with a MUCH better ROI? Okay, I understand when people put HUGE cash into the stocks of big, respectable giants, but with small sums... Even 1% a day, which, as stock apologists ITT acknowledged, "no investment of any kind that pays", is still chump change in this case, because it will take three months to double your investment. You can do it so much faster.

First, it takes 70 days to double a 1%-a-day investment, are you numerically illiterate or something? And secondly, if there is no investment of any kind that pays this and it's still "chump change" to you, you are shit out of luck.

But if there are options with much better ROI, as you also claim (right before you said there was no such investment), we're all curious to hear it.

Stocks listed in otcmarkets get way more than that at times....

You may be not "numerically" illiterate, but you're business illiterate as hell. Suppose you have 100 bucks, you want to turn them into 1000 bucks. You invest in stocks, right? And how stupid would that be? With the right skill and insight, it will take DAYS, just sitting in front of your PC. With stocks, it will take MONTHS, and most likely YEARS. Do you feel the difference?

Yes, 1% IS chump change from a business point of view. Because in business, you want to actually multiply your investment, not just add up to it.

What exactly? Crypto, online marketing (which is a huge field) just for one. Both of those things require skill and research, but once you have it, that high ROI is a sweet reality, and no strings attached to anybody.

For the unenlightened, what exactly do you mean by online marketing? It's a vague term from my perspective.

anybody who thinks they can earn 1% a day in the market with any manner of consistency, stop posting here and go earn a 10 figure salary at a financial institution. people like jp morgan and goldman sachs are happy to make 7% in a year so your 1200% annual returns will surely impress them.