Has race always been an "issue"?

I'm 21 and just now really starting to recognize the implications of race.
Not white, am /Hisp/user

Other urls found in this thread:

latina.com/entertainment/celebrity/half-latino-celebrities-stars#2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, just look at Veeky Forums, race discussions were not commonplace here, now it's being forced in just about every board.

I dunno. Racial tensions are kind of a meme and aren't as bad as the BLM and /pol/ crowds will have you believe. Everyone keeps each other at arms length individually but overall group relations seem manageable. I can see it all going to shit eventually though.

Yes. Tribalism is an innate part of Human existence. People need to stop suppressing their innate instincts with ideology - which leftyredditors have tried since the 1800s, and neo-liberals with all their state apparatus are desperately attempting to enforce.

That's false I remember almost 9 years ago racial posts being common place. Being so young I stopped going on Veeky Forums just because the racism.
Tribalism is not on a racial level, clearly intensive in group out group dynamics existed amongst people who looked the same. But if you were actually from a recently warring group dynamics talking to them you'd hear them say how one group is so dramatically uglier or lighter or darker or taller even when they are the same.

The idea of difference rather than the reality was what was important.

No it wasn't people said nigger all the time but it was meant to scare away people like you and was done ironically most of the time. That and faggot became commonplace terms like bro or dude.

Humans were always racist, empathy is the only reason you wouldnt be racist.

Why are redditors so desperate to push this "all racism on Veeky Forums was just ironic racism prior to 2010"? Fuck off already.

Because it's true. There was some unironic racism, but it wasn't out of control. People take things way more seriously on this site nowadays.

>Reddit exists since the 1800

You must live in the U S A
U S A
U S A

If you somehow think that hispanic and white are not the same thing.

Eh you're wrong, I know you like to cling to the idea that every corner of the internet necessarily has to be as antiracist as /r/progressive but it simply isn't the case, legit racism threads were as much of a staple on /b/ as unironic gore and cp threads.

Taking things seriously and doing things ironically are not the same.

You can be ironically racists and not think it's a big deal, like most sane people that don't live in a melting pot.

It depends what you mean by race. Throughout American history, for example, the various groups known as White have had completely different historic experiences and are better off being treated as separate units. On the other hand Blacks have been a largely monolithic group until recent history were we've gotten more immigrants from Black Africa.

No this is wrong because it was beyond just saying nigger and you should stop memeing

Alhough, as an addendum, yes you'd be right in saying OVERALL racism has increased.

unironically*

It's not like it was only used ironically. The newfags on /b/ who saw "nigger" thought it was serious and repeated it unironically. But the older fags knew what it was for. Of course Veeky Forums has always had more controversial opinions, but serious, triggered discussions about race are relatively recent.

Funny how this whole started because of the mudslims who are not even a different race from the europeans.

Shows how ignorant the average western european/american is.

People are now starting to realise that demographic trends in white countries will lead to white people becoming

Why do ameritards simplify complex things like ethnicities into generalizing, overarching terms like "white" "black" "hispanic"?

>. People need to stop suppressing their innate instincts with ideology
You can either think rape should be illegal or you can believe this
You can't believe both.

because it was newfag
all the overt nazi shit blew up with the election when /pol/ became mainstream

There always was nigger hate threads on /b/.

The politics board on Veeky Forums was being deleted for being too overtly racist before even Obama was reelected. But yeah, the some of the hobby boards were less racist...but places like /v/ and /int/ always were.

I dropped the whole racism thing definitively once I realized there's genetic trash from every race. Just walk into a Wal-Mart.

Moot's views have nothing to do with the site's general views. The staff sure doesn't like the race threads but it's obvious the userbase is interested to some degree.

Yes.

>but it wasn't out of control
Entire civilizations were slaughtered based on the premise of racial supremacy in the past.

He means in this site.

Captcha: Euromaster

Memes unironically made it worse.

Name five. And no "muh redskins" as disease killed 90% of inevitable.

I was brought up my whole life to believe that race doesn't exist and racism is evil, but it didn't take much as an adult to make me think otherwise (mostly just reading around).

Does that make me the odd one out? Because it seems like the race question really sends people into turmoil and grief, white or otherwise.

Race is a european colonialist concept, it does not exist anywhere else

>but guys, we just need to stop being civilized at once
Funny jokepost, user. You almost got me there.

IQ stats en median hormone levels are european colonialism?

t. a redditor colonist from r/communism

I don't know if it was always an issue (it likely was), but I know there are obvious biological disparities between peoples that can't be reconciled due to the way we all evolved.

You simply have to go outside to see it in action.

Negroids have an average low IQ. It's obvious they do when you see how they live. They've got thick bones, etc.

>Risk of getting murdered and eaten in Africa just for being white

>it does not exist anywhere else

Sure thing user

I've been using Veeky Forums off and on since near the beginning in 2004 (yes, it's sad) and he is absolutely right. There was a time where ironic racism was big, but only as shock value humor. It was never a focus of discussion.

Race has become an all encompassing issue that pervades every pore of vaguely political life in the US only recently. Maybe if you're like under 25 you can't remember it, but it was seriously a different world even as recently as the early 00s. And that played out of Veeky Forums where people just weren't even thinking about race the same way people are now i.e. obsessively dividing people based on where they stand on the race "debate".

Look at what is happening to the whites in South Africa currently and tell me race doesn't matter. Their black president is literally calling for their historical homelands to be seized from them by any means necessary. This is the future that awaits whites who allow themselves to become minorities. Americans might not have it quite as bad with the latinos but I shudder to think what will happen to Europeans once muslims become the majority. What is happening over there at any other point in history would be called an invasion. Germany France and Sweden seem to be willing to fall without firing a single bullet.

Exactly! Atrocities committed between races are what prove race, the holocaust is a great example.

>what will happen to Europeans once muslims become the majority
that won't happen in a near future and I doubt it will ever happen unless Europe really collapses hard while almost exterminating themselves

Arabs believe in racial superiority tho ??

so do asians???

so does every ethnic with a minimum of regional superiority

Fuck you Americans, I hope your country becomes majority Latino. We know how to take the power of Europeans from our rightful lands.

It won't. Hispanics will just become another kind of white person.

different IQ = different race?

>2006
>my highschool is like 95% white
>walk down the street no problem at night
>2017
>massive shitskin immigration
>highschools seems to be about 60% white now
>nobody goes out anymore cause nightclubs are fuck of smelly pooskins and no girls want to go
>can't walk the street at night because wild Somalians will beat you for the change in your pocket
Hmmm... Why is race becoming an issue?

white+brown=brown

White + brown = lighter brown
did you know that only a few genes(IIRC it's only one) take control of the skin?

white+white+brown=brown

no matter the shade, it's always brown

This is the biggest factor for me. I don't want to be a minority and it's happening faster than we think.

I think the best way out of this hellish future is to accept the Latinos and intermarry with them. White blood will dilute their Aztec traits enough that we can maintain a relatively stable white society and keep the niggers down.

Try that with paint and see if it's true.

color of paint=/=genetics=color of skin

brown is dominant.
t. brown man

If all humans came from a common origin and that's true how did white people get white in the first place?

That's wrong, though. The greeks and italians were once viewed as being non-white and that stopped. The same thing will happen with hispanics over time.

what if all humans didn't evolve exactly the same way?

By your logic they would be black no matter what. After all white + brown = brown
white + black = black
So since they were all black. black + black = black

You're simply wrong about this dude, sorry.

moorish hispanics=non-white

moorish italians/pseudoitalians=non-white

greeks=non-white

Really depends on your definition of white though. To say all Europeans are "white", is false. To say all whites are European is also false. Let me know, what to you is "white"?

youre operating on the presumption that the out of africa theory is 100% undeniable fact, which it is not.

that's fine, i don't need to convince you of anything

Alright, so what is a theory for human genesis that accounts for the one drop rule?

im not sure, you tell me.

It is and even it it isn't white skin isn't the normal in nature. And you also had to come from a common origin which was also black. You can't escape this. Unless you think that two separate evolutions ocurred that made people be 99.999% similar in two different places. What are the odds of that?

>Research indicates the selection for the light-skin alleles of these genes in Europeans is comparatively recent, having occurred later than 20,000 years ago and perhaps as recently as 12,000 to 6,000 years ago.[26] In the 1970s, Luca Cavalli-Sforza suggested that the selective sweep that rendered light skin ubiquitous in Europe might be correlated with the advent of farming and thus have taken place only around 6,000 years ago;[21] This scenario found support in a 2014 analysis of mesolithic (7,000 years old) hunter-gatherer DNA from La BraƱa, Spain, which showed the version of these genes corresponding to dark skin color.[45]

I did that on paint and I got beige.

So you got Greeks who are considered white :P
Whites aren't actually white they're yellowish

>White+brown=brown

That's incorrect though.

latina.com/entertainment/celebrity/half-latino-celebrities-stars#2

>Europeans
>Non-white

They've done genetic testing on Italians, etc, and they're virtually 100% European with slight admixture.

From a biological perspective, Southern Italians and Spaniards are white.

Hating niggers doesn't make you racist. Prior to the "altright" becoming a thing, most Anons understood that niggers from the urban ghettos are not a phenomenon unique to African Americans-- if you throw ANY race into a shitty, low-income neighborhood, they're going to grow up to be niggers.

The entire point of /pol/ was to contain the ACTUAL racists who tried to blame Jews and Blacks for everything. All the other boards were capable of telling the difference between individuals being shit and entire races/cultures being shit.

As further evidence that Veeky Forums used to be ironically racist is the -fag meme. It was understood by all that anyone can be (and is) a faggot and that has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

>white skin isn't the normal in nature.
skin a chimpanzee, and he is white. skin a cat, and she is white. skin a dog, and he is white. perhaps you mean for "in the nature of humans", to which I'll have to respectfully disagree.

>And you also had to come from a common origin which was also black.
correct, i am black. doesn't mean you are.

>You can't escape this. Unless you think that two separate evolutions ocurred that made people be 99.999% similar in two different places. What are the odds of that?
astronomical. so was the odds of life in general. i believe you're over complicating things, occams razor if you will.

>suggested
>perhaps
>might
>this scenario
they don't seem 100% sure in their facts, yet you do. true knowledge is knowing that you know nothing

Read your own fucking history you imbecile.

Fucking americans

again my friend, Euro=/=white

mexican/spanish/ecuadorian/cuban does not necessarily equal brown, nor does it necessarily equal white

>European DNA that's not strictly North Western European isn't European at all

I simply don't believe this when you see so much genetic congruity between southern Europeans and northern Europeans.

That depends what shade of brown if its a brown indian from latin america mixed with white you'll get pic related

I suppose.

What? Seriously, I've seen real life examples of this. People who have some sort of brown or black in their family tree who are now for all intents and purposes white as fuck.

who said north/south euros are necessarily white?

unless you believe geographic location descriptors define white is white/black/yellow/brown, what you are saying doesn't make sense. it would also imply that races/colors evolved separately, unless you didn't mean that implication.

I did mean that implication.
In order for a person to be genetically White, they should have at least 75% European ancestry.

you seem to have some sort of need to convince me. yet, i have no such urge to convince you of my position.

regardless, your anecdotes arent a place to start.

>percentile European ancestry
in which case, somewhere down the line you believe that European=white, or rather to be white you must be some percentage of European... which I don't believe. if i were of 75% minoan descent, would you believe i am white?

You're an absolutely absurd person.
I refuse to waste a thought on you.

I doubt you can even define brown.

i doubt you could even define white. luckily for you, a thought wasn't wasted likewise in your direction.

have a nice day

>Further analysis showed that the Minoans were only distantly related to Egyptian, Libyan, and other North African populations. The Minoan shared the greatest percentage of their mitochondrial DNA variation with European populations, especially those in Northern and Western Europe.

You would likely be so, yes.
Minoans are genetically primarily European despite having Middle-eastern admixture.

you only prove me further correct, Europeans are not necessarily white.

as i should mention also, arabs are not necessarily brown either

>this is a white man

Who won the race? Not the elves, right?

I feel that you're defining white as having pale skin.

I define it as Aryan/Mediterranean DNA.

you're correct with the aryan dna (which isn't necessarily European either), but ill have to disagree with you shoehorning the mediterraneans in there as well

This whole thing started because of my reply to this guy If you aren't him then this entire derail is irrelevant.

>Arabs
>Not closely related to Aryans anyway

There are slight biological differences that have been reinforced via inbreeding, etc, but they're still genetically close.

#notallarabs though, aryan arabs are white. aryan euros are as well

Assad is Assyrian, not Arab.

You're right, but the ones that aren't Aryan are still genetically tied to it as they're Caucasoid.

Back on topic though, white, European DNA = Aryan DNA = Minoan DNA.

In order to be white, you must be of at least 75% European/Aryan ancestry.

It's technically not European, but it's widely considered to be due to ancestral lineage.

Veeky Forums sprung from Something Awful, where they founded the GNAA, a group which weev became a prominent member, in 2002. Ironic and unironic racism have existed side by side in this sphere since before Veeky Forums was even founded.

It's not like racism in America actually just disappeared in the fuckin 70's, you retards. Any place that isn't explicitly left-wing, corporate, or governmental is gonna have racists somewhere in it.

>Dad went into a bar in southern Florida in the 70's
>A sign was up that said no coloreds allowed

Kek

i'll agree with your definition of white then. it has been settled, at least 75% Euro-Aryan ancestry