Were knights a thing in Spain and Italy?

Were knights a thing in Spain and Italy?

Yes.

Savoyards were the original shitposters.

Why wouldn't they ?

No, the Italians had flying ninjas imported from China by Marco Polo and Spaniards were some buttfuck nowhere shithole no one cared about until an Italian guy discovered America for them.

>Who is Don Quixote

a fictional guy who read too much arthurian legend

Spain did have knights but that's still a bad example.

Bro, the literal first book that they mention when the Quixote´s library is expurged is the Amadis of Gaula.

Amadis of Gaul was still to my knowledge (I haven't read it, going based on wikipedia) not set in Spain, just written there.

In any case, citing Don Quixote as an example of an historical Spanish knight is still kind of silly.

Gaula, sorry, supposedly some fictional place in Brittany as far as Wikipedia claims.

Not really, he was a knight, an Hidalgo. A mad one.
Also El cantar del Mio Cid it's one of the earlier preserved Spanish writing of good length.

Iberia was full of military orders of knights, the tipical Knight orders like templars or native like the Santiago, Avis or Montesa.

>Not mentioning the kebab removing Knights of Santiago

Wtf Veeky Forums?

My point is that the very first chivalry book which appears in the Quixote is a Spanish one, wherever is set is irrelevant, it meant that Spaniards did not only enjoy Chivalric books but that they wrote them.
And Quixote and the prist mention a fair share of knightly Spanish stuff from Bernardo del Carpio to el Cid.

>Who are the Knights of St.John?

More Iberian knights.

Not fucking idea desu, I don't even know from where OP could be than he doesn't have heard of Italian or Spanish knights.

Those are the Aragonese host ,you can see a Santiago knight near the king Ferdinard of Aragon, the catholic king, the one with the Dragon pennon/Drac Penat near the cardinal.

Yes.
Why would you think otherwise?

Yes you retard.

OP should be lynched desu

fucking idiot

Yes, alot of them were called Caballeros . Spanish NIghts even had Orders, like the Order of Alcantara, and some of the Conquistadors Were considered Knights

>Caballeros
weren't they called Jinetes?

Of course.

Jinetes were more like light cav armed with javelins, more skirmishers than knights.