Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums

What do I need to know about buying gold and silver? How do you know when are the best times to buy/sell?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ndshbH3qZ6Y
amagimetals.com/1-oz-45-acp-silver-bullet-round-999-fine-silver
twitter.com/AnonBabble

don't have more than 5% of your networth in gold and silver

Buy coins not rounds. you can get them pretty close to spot online. The local guy i go to is 1.20 over spot

>What do I need to know about buying gold and silver?

Don't buy gold and silver. They're meme metals.

>How do you know when are the best times to buy/sell?

Buy never, sell always.

Yeah I don't want to go crazy but I would like to have something in case of a worst case scenario

Im more interested in smaller sized silver honestly because it could be easily bartered

It's a hedge/insurance. Buy a much as makes you comfortable.

Buy metals because they are cheap right now compared to everything else. Sell when a competing asset class' (stocks/real estate/bonds) relative value goes way down compared to metal; sell the metals and buy what went down. When that asset class reverses with another you jump again...

you can buy small amounts of gold aswell.

Don't go all in right now, slowly buy here and there.

go it, thank you

Is there a good place where I can watch gold/silver prices

>What is google?

>t. dumb shitcoiner who bought silver at 40-50S and gold at 1,800$ an oz

>Buy and wait 20 years to double if you're lucky LMAO
>If not, we will mine the fucking asteroids or have some sort of molecular changing tech etc.. no need for stupid rocks after Bitcoin
>Also look at the inflation after 20y and kill yourself

>best times to buy/sell
Gold and Silver are not stocks you daytrade, faggot. Buy it and put it in your safe and wait until the local grocery store runs out of toilet paper. Then you will know its time to sell your gold and silver.

out of the money that you're willing to spend on them, i would spend about 60-80% of that on silver. also make sure you have plenty of ammo
and definitely buy physical and not a worthless piece of paper

And do what with it, fag?

Silver has at least many use cases. Gold is a meme

Im just looking to have silver shekels to use when the dollar implodes so I don't have to suck dick for bread

Its just going to sit in a safe until the happening happens

Kitco

After dollar implodes guess what bitcoin does

Do you see normies with silver coins (or bars, lmao) running around the shop or is paying with crypto more possible outcome?

youtube.com/watch?v=ndshbH3qZ6Y

I was thinking about buying silver in case the grid went down, just enough where I can buy some shit and hold out until I can form a road warrior gang and start looting

If you are really worried about the happening then weapons, ammunition, fuel, non perishibal foods, and a moonshine distillery are much better investments.

Precious metals are nearly useless in that scenario. You can't eat it or kill anything with it. It's just dead weight.

would you recommend silver bullets? it's both silver and ammo

It's a scam. The gold/silver bars you buy are gold/silver plated over alloys of lead and other cheap metals made in such a way that the bars have the appropriate densities when measured.

You're in luck user:
amagimetals.com/1-oz-45-acp-silver-bullet-round-999-fine-silver

A lot of them are, yes. Gotta be really careful about that shit.

I don't buy bars at all, nor do I buy "new" stuff. Morgan Silver Dollars, silver US currency, etc.

At least it's always worth face value!

are you hunting vampires?

this all day.

also, if youre not going for the hoarder doomsday long hold, you may be better off buying SLVR ETF and save your self the hassel of buying the actual metal and trying to unload it for only 90% of spot value at local shops

Follow right wing alex jones tier conspiracy shit.

sell when "it's happening for reals this time the liberals are gonna take your guns and put you in gay muslim FEMA camps", buy when it's not.

christ you need to get outside more, life isn't a god damn video game you mongoloid

Always a good idea to have some. I'm like 50/50 in crypto and silver. I can't lose unless fiat moons.

I love gold.
I like silver but I love gold.

>we'll have some sort of molecular changing tech

You sound like you know what you're talking about.

You never know what doomsday might look like.

I had $30k back in 2013 and I was going baxk and forth between buying gold/silver or BTC.

After about a month of talking with friends and family, they advised me to go with the history and buy gold/silver.

I did and I never stop regretting since. My $30k gold/silver still worth $30k years later, whereas if I bought BTC with the $30k?

I'd be a multi-millionaire now.

Fuck gold and silver, you better store Swiss Francs if you want stability and hedge.

this sucks but it really isn't a fair comparison to make. why didn't you split your money? because you didn't believe in btc yourself?

Buy a still. Make alcohol.

If there was a documented case of werewolfism silver would sky rocket

you dont invest in gold to make money pmsl

just get a good job. so many pathetic "men" in this board

Or unless CC moons.

Obviously I can't establish credentials as user but my advice would be to treat PM as a 'save game' function. They are 5000 year old meme. PMs are not an investment. BTC is an investment. Stocks are an investment. When you buy PMs realise you're not purchasing $1200 worth of gold. You are trading $1200 for an ounce of gold. Once you have the ounce of gold its not worth $x, its an ounce of gold.

Take advantage of the cheap silver now. But realise its Gold not Silver that counts.

this
gold is NOT an investment
its a store of value and hedge for a SHTF scenario you mongrels

if you wanna make money on price fluctuations of PMs just buy mining stocks

Buy high

Sell low

retard you act like there isnt a large handful of countries to choose from in that exact situation

fucking sheltered cuck

You need to know
1) It's not an investment, like you do invest in your own bussines, or in someone else bussiness, or you buying part of someone else bussiness.
2) You don't buy when you feel like it, you don't buy when you're interested. You buy the fucking dips. Now is fine.

Buying the dips isn't about targeting profits, it's more about minimizing risks.

ETFs are a scamm, don't play that jew game. There's no audited gold behind ETFs, it's all an entretainment to damage-control prices.

If you want to avoid high fees for purchasing-cashing out, online vault services will milk you around a 2-3% jumping in and out. Think of it as the price you're paying to secure your weatlh.

If you plan to actually invest, don't step into public stockmarkets, it's not capitalistic. They're ran by the central banks doing QEs.

Vaultoro
Goldmoney < I'm there
bullionvault
silverbullion

>don't be a phisical faggot, steping in and out is always more expensive and holding at home adds less value to your shit