Adolf the Hitler, widely hailed as the greatest hero of all times in Western Germany and northern part of Denmark...

Adolf the Hitler, widely hailed as the greatest hero of all times in Western Germany and northern part of Denmark, single-handedly killed more than 6 000 000 million Jews only because he was very very evil.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rHzcFa2mSjU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleonic_Code
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw textbooks a thousand years in the future will have a neutral to positive view of Hitler
>tfw you realize that there will be a time when Hitler will not be viewed as the modern Anti-Christ
Feels weird man

Nah, they still shit all over Attila and the Conquistadores.

Contemporary sources do tend to influence historians.

>textbooks a thousand years in the future will have a neutral to positive view of Hitler

Doubtful. The damage has already been done. It's not like Vlad the Impaler got interpreted as neutral to positive as time went on.

>widely hailed as the GREATEST hero of all times in [region he ruled]

There you have it guys, if anyone refutes your claims just pull out the "but his men loved him" card and win the argument

>Attila
>Vlad the Impaler

This happens cause of secondary literature, rather than their evil itself: their characters certainly are enough for the general population to conjure a suggestive story.

Yet, very few people see Julius Caesar as a monster for his attempted genocide of the Gauls. Gengis Khan is seen as a man of his time, for whom our moral standards make no sense. Napoleon is very rarely mocked and disparaged to this day, and when it happens it is cause of nationalist livor (people in India, for example, would not see him as a monster, rather as a man of his times, just like Caesar and Gengis Khan).

>Conquistadores
This happens because the deeds of the Conquistadores have been carried on and expanded by forces that are still present today (the genocide of the native populations by the US army), so in some sense this is still a open wound.
One day all of these ''links'' with history will become too vague, and what the Conquistadores did will sound as abstract as what the Sumers or the Phoenicians were doing on a yearly basis.The same will happen with Hitler, once all the emotions that are linked with his deed will be extinguished.

Feels weird, man.

No. A man responsible for the greatest war in human history will not be remembered as a good guy. Especially considering his legacy and influence. There was nothing positive about the Nazis. Hitler was not Napoleon.

>the genocide of the native populations by the US army
it was the trail of tears, not the trail of gassing

This is right to an extent and OP is wrong for saying people will view Hitler positively in the future.
But the evil that Hitler represents in the 21st century is very different from the way Attila and Vlad are viewed.
They're seen more as "bad guys" like a comic book or movie character. They're historical villains.
Hitler, on the other hand, is the anti-christ.

I don't know if Hitler will ever be viewed like a cartoon villain but I don't think it's impossible.

>Yet, very few people see Julius Caesar as a monster for his attempted genocide of the Gauls.

Most people cream over Roman Empire, thanks to it's achievements and neglect it's genocides as they were not really outside of contemponary morals. Ceasar is famous for his skills as politician and conqueror who left certain legacy despite being assasinated at height of his power. There is nothing that could redeem Hitler.

> There is nothing that could redeem Hitler.
I could think of one thing...

Typically you have to win the war to still have fanboys a thousand years down the line.

>I don't know if Hitler will ever be viewed like a cartoon villain

He's literally been depicted as a cartoon villain on many separate occasions.

youtube.com/watch?v=rHzcFa2mSjU

I'm not talking about redemption, I'm talking about indifference, instead.

>A man responsible for the greatest war in human history will not be remembered as a good guy.
You're new here or you really believe this?

?

Propaganda cartoons making fun of the enemy is not the same thing as a humorous postwar depiction of the genocidal architect of the worst event in human history.

Don't get me wrong, Hitler has become blase as a subject of stand up or more edgy comedy. But he isn't a cartoon villain that can be laughed at the same way Napoleon is laughed at for being short (coincidentally a propaganda effort to humiliate that has survived)

Ok, you're dumb.

But that's exactly what Napoleon did, and outside of Germany and France virtually no one sees him as a negative figure, even if in the XIX century Europe he was a boogyman for 70% of the population.

People won't excuse Hitler's crime, rather they will gloss over it, and link the anti-semitism with the widespread antisemitic sentiment that haunted Europe in those years. In 5-600 years he will be seen as just another ''man of the past'' who committed atrocities that can't be related by even more modern sensibilities, just like we're only abstractly bothered by Tamerlan.
The fact that he was seen as the avatar of Evil by most people will just be another trivia for future sociologists.

>In 5-600 years he will be seen as just another ''man of the past'' who committed atrocities that can't be related by even more modern sensibilities, just like we're only abstractly bothered by Tamerlan.
>The fact that he was seen as the avatar of Evil by most people will just be another trivia for future sociologists.

Except Vlad the Impaler is still to this day viewed as an avatar of evil by most people and his time was over 500 years ago already.

Since there are no real Vlad's supporters, this is hate remains abstract, and people are not touched by it like it happens today. Vlad The Impaler being evil is almost a joke at this point: eventually the same will happen with Hitler.

>tfw textbooks a thousand years in the future will have a neutral to positive view of Hitler

>But that's exactly what Napoleon did
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleonic_Code
For this alone he is a better man than Hitler.

Wehraboos usually brag about all of the crucial technological innovations that emerged from WWII. Future historians may look at it as a positive experience for humanity in the long run.

>Vlad The Impaler being evil is almost a joke at this point

Who jokes about Vlad the Impaler being evil? I mean I guess everyone jokes about everything if you look hard enough, but that doesn't seem like a common sentiment to me. Anyway I think you're completely wrong and there isn't any indication Hitler will stop being viewed as evil in the future unless the entire concept of evil itself is abandoned by future humans, in which case that wouldn't really be a Hitler specific issue.

>historians in the future will take a neutral/positive view of a man who literally burned books and lead his country into a war that would not only devastate the continent but also leave his country divided and occupied for 50 years

You mean besides his invasion of Poland?

What, was that some sort of preemptive move to save Europe from the overwhelming Polish warmachine?

>inplying cartoons are the standard by which everything is held

Ah stormfags... they love to shit up the same internet that they only get to use freely because they don't live in a totalitarian shithole.

Hitler rolling sticky when? I have an urge to Adolfpost like no tomorrow.

Honestly, the only plausible way for Hitler to be " rehabilitated" is if we get an even bigger mass murderer and destabilized of the world order to take the "worst person ever" role.

Really bad analogy. Napoleon was present at aboiut half the sessions that helped to write the Code. If you read the transcripts he was also deeply involved in the discussions when he was there. Hitler did nothing of the sort, except when his ubderlings crafted sadistic laws against jews. None of those technological innovations that came from the war came from hitler himself, nor is it clear that these wouldnt have been discovered later albeit at a less accelerated pace without the urgency of a total war

Very few people remeber Napoleon for his code, and even fewer people know him for his dedication to it.

One day people will tell that at least thanks to Hitler we got better radars and computers, dismissing the horrors that he created as something too far away to be concerned with it, just like people mention relatively minor achievements of Gengis Khan such as the postal system he built (which of course does not excuse the evil that he bought on the world).

I'm not saying that he won't be considered evil anymore, rather I'm saying that he won't be considered inherently offensive, or relatable enough to support or rail against him

I'm not stormfag, I'm just impying that Hitler will get the same treatment every other major evil personality in our global history got.

it was a preemptive move to save Europe from the Judeo-Bolshevik untermenschmachine

We already had Barack Obama

They only criticize the conquistadors because they were European.

>the worst event in human history
kek

The sad thing is that I'm not sure if this is a shitpost or a legitimate opinion.

Has anybody else noticed that if anything the depiction of Nazis has gotten worse over time?

Can you imagine shows like Dad's army, 'Allo ' Allo or Hogan's heroes being made now?

Proposing a primetime tv comedy about a nazi wartime camp would get you crucified today.

What do you suppose those textbooks would even say? They might be dispassionate but how would they make him look GOOD? He basically just plunged Europe into the largest war of all time and then failed spectacularly. No grand empire to add glory to his crimes.

>THEY ONLY DENY WE WUZ KANGS CAUSE THEY WUZ BLACK YO
i understand it's tempting to just explain everything away like that but please try harder