Hello, noble ones

>Hello, noble ones
How to respond?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0EKk_pjr2hw&
youtube.com/user/scholagladiatoria
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

metatron attempts to be an expert on Japanese swordsmanship akin to Matt Easton with Hema and fails at it.

Comment "UNSCREW YOUR POMMEL AND END HIM RIGHTLY XDDDDD" on his video because l'm an epic dude like that

Tell him he's an autist who's nowhere near as interesting as Shahdiversity, Lindybeige and the SJW Skallgrim.

Metatron's autistic but he's the harmless sort of autist you can't help but like. At the very least he seems genuinely passionate about his stuff.

>Shahdiversity
Am I the only one who finds Shad to be the most annoying of all of them? He has an incredible smug attitude and act like he knows everything. And to me, it ends up coming off as unwarranted arrogance because he doesn't do HEMA, bases his talks about swords on wooden and computer models, and seems to mostly just recite Wikipedia-tier knowledge. I mean, he can be kind of entertaining, but it's pretty annoying that he makes videos acting like he's an expert without any real knowledge.

His videos about "What's wrong with HEMA" are perfect examples of that. There are two or three videos of him talking about how even though he has no formal martial arts experience (besides a yellow belt in Tae Kwon Do), he's still qualified to talk like an expert because he read The Tao of Jeet Kune Do and knows how to "adsorb what is useful." During the time those were being uploaded, he was also arrogantly arguing with first generation HEMA guys about how he was just as qualified to talk about HEMA as them.

Didn't he do HEMA or some other similar thing? He keeps harping back to the days when he wasn't so fat and did martial arts.

This

He kinda gives off that vibe of that weird guy in class that always tried to talk to you about his one, very specific interest that you, nor no one else wanted to talk about at the time, but he'd keep talking even though no one was listening, none the less.

It seems like he's THAT kid, but grown up, and he finally learned to pick up a few social cues here and there before reaching adulthood.

A little bizarre, but knowledgeable, and harmless.

How did this fucking meme start, is there any truth in it

No. The whole series is him bragging about how he's never actually done HEMA or any other martial besides TKD for two months. Apparently, he gets together and spars with people at Renaissance fairs sometimes, but that's it. What makes the whole exchange funnier is that he's uploaded videos of him sparring with friends, and it's obvious he doesn't do HEMA because he's very sloppy and makes some very stupid mistakes. IIRC, the reason he started making those videos were that people criticized some of his sparring videos and he wanted to make the point that he didn't need to actually do HEMA because he was doing fine without it.

Skallagrim started it. He made a video about a page from a German treatise which was probably meant as a joke. For some reason, YouTube autists turned it into a meme.

Has Skallgrim turned less SJW in recent times? I used to watch him, but he sometimes went into unwanted diatribes about gender equality and so on and I eventually stopped watching him altogether.

He has this weird hateboner for the Late Roman Empire despite knowing basically nothing about it, which is a little disappointing.

I have watched Metatron since he had about 7,000 subs and I for one like his videos. He is a little cringey here and there but some things he is very knowledgeable in such as language.

>Lindybeige, Skallagrim and Metatron have way more subs than Matt Easton
>Shad is about to get more than Matt
Why the fuck is this happening? The guy who surpasses all of the other ones combined in terms of knowledge, who has a degree in archaeology and spent most of his life researching the history of weapons, armour, etc. and teaching HEMA, why has he the least subs and the least views per video?

This is so unfair.

>PewdepeexDDDD
>PENETRATION LOL

Cause youtube is about showmanship and Metatron, Skallagrim, and LindyBeige have better production or just make their words more smooth.

Probably because he does the least pandering. He doesn't make videos about videos games, and he doesn't go out of his way to be entertaining, except in ways that are related to his subject material (like all of his jokes about penetration, meaty cutlasses, and the butt). He's started to lighten up a little bit, but most of his content is just information, which most people find dry and boring.

>most of his content is just information, which most people find dry and boring.
humanity is lost

Easton has slow pacing on videos. Thats true of all of them, but he also has no production values on top of that.

He's an absolute cunt and much of what he said about castles is wrong.

He's quite an interesting guy, even if a bit cringey at times. I'm impressed by his English, his Italian accent is almost unnoticeable, his French pronunciation is awful though.

As much of an expert he is, Matt is swords and weapons, every day, without interesting footage, and somewhat poor audio quality.

If he filmed on his backyard more often and actually swung all the shit he has laying around his house on camera it would be more interesting from that point of view. It's hard to give a fuck about Indian mutiny weapons after the 6th video without any visual aid for context.

Metatron is cringy and scatterbrained about a lot of the things he makes videos for, but he does put on his armors and poses with them and goes jogging in the forest and puts all the google seatch images to compliment his presentation. That deserves some credit. Wish he spoke more of historical context though, it's weird to talk of the Roman empire and mention almost no emperors, or battles, or locations.

Cute!

Is he a weeb, Veeky Forums?

>I need shiny objects waved around my face in order to retain my attention

Matt's focus is much more narrow and pretty much all his videos are just him standing in a room. A lot of people don't want to watch 20 different videos about 19th century British swords.

Swords are literally shinny objects meant to be waved

This.

*unsheathes katana*

>claims to be Italian
>has an English accent

what a faggot

at least in my experience, people adopt the accent they learn a language in.

If you learn Spanish from a Cuban, you'll end up emulating their accent. He probably learned british English

There's a German lady on youtube that speaks with an American accent

he grew up in England iirc

but his English sounds almost American, he doesn't have that cadence Brits have, nor does he sound like he's trying to swallow his own tongue because life is so horrible like Brits do.

>he grew up in England iirc
I thought he was from Naples

He did try pandering for a while where he reviewed Game of Thrones battle scenes and occasionally mentioned a video game.
I'm glad that's over, I like Matt's videos for what they are.

Skallagrim, on the other hand, I cannot stand. All he does is swing his swords, there's no information.

>he grew up in England iirc
no he went to uni there and speaks with English pronunciation because he believes it's the most correct (it is)

>(it is)
Englishman spotted

He's Canadian, he can't help it. But he's gotten better, and since he likes guns he sometimes rants about too much political correctness.

But really you shouldn't be bothered that much about it.

I've never been recommended a video of his on my youtube front page or on the "related videos" at the side. First time I ever heard about him.

All the other guys have showed up there and that's how I knew them, probably has something to do with that.

metatron just made a video with him though

Matt is known as "the guy" for HEMA topics by other youtubers, it's weird he doesn't get more views

He's totally a closet weeb, and very butthurt about it.

Skallagrim is not a historian, and he does clarify that a lot in his videos. He just likes HEMA.

Oh, wait, nevermind.

I know who he is. I tough Matt Easton was the name of the channel.

I find this guy's videos entertaining and I don't almost anything about the stuff he talks about.

>How to respond?
Gomenasai etc
Not only that, he also took it really seriously, when everyone else just thought that it was an elaborate middle age joke.
He's a professor, iirc.

He's an english teacher. So not really related to him being a weeb.

>Skallagrim is not a historian, and he does clarify that a lot in his videos.
One of his most cringeworthy videos to me is his video about why he quit studying archaeology. It basically amounted to him admitting that it was too hard, so he quit really early on and switched to cultural anthropology, which is much easier. He tried to make it sound like he was too good for archaeology, but it was mostly just him whining about having to learn about artifacts and not just looking at them. It's hilarious.

But yeah, aside from being kind of full of himself, he's pretty willing to admit he doesn't have any real qualifications.

>He's a professor, iirc.
It sounds like he teaches English to high schoolers. He's described his main job in a few videos, and it sounds like he's employed by a school district and travels to different schools according to their lesson plans. A few times, he's also mentioned doing some freelance work for the EU that sounded like translation. He's not a college professor, but he does have qualifications as a language teacher and translator.

>all these mentions of youtubers
>not one mention of the most passionate of all
>Anthony Coominz

From Sicily actually

Who are these faggots and why do you care so much?

>metatron just made a video with him though
post link pls

Pop history e-celebs.

Matt Easton = British Empire pseudo historian.
Lindybeige, Skallagrim, Metatron = early-medieval, viking, samurai japanese pseudo historians.

Simply put, they picked a cooler era. People like sword&shield more than they like saber&pistol.

he's an italian who teaches english in japan or something

How is Skallgrim an SJW? He seems like a faggot but I've only seen a few of his vids and don't really know his beliefs

>How is Skallgrim an SJW?

He doesn't want to have children, so he is seen as a worm by the children on /pol/.

His voice just sounds faggy to me. Although I did appreciate his videos about fantasy races and what weapons they would use such as Dwarves or Elves.

>neo pagan
>vegan
>tranny wife

Do you know what SJW means, you SJW cuck?

>Tranny wife
Say it ain't so.

heh... youre fucken dead, kafir

She has a manly haircut, so she must be a man.

t. /pol/

It might not be a tranny but it definitely identifies as otherkin-pan-trans-omni-sexual or some shit. If I remember correctly she had a video talking about that years ago but she deleted that. In his earlier videos he kept referring it as "spouse" but then probably because it complained he started using the term "wife"

>citation needed: the post

You are literally calling a woman mentally ill because you dislike her haircut.

Is it true that he killed someone?

also
>furry

Like what? I always felt he was a faggot but I want to know why.

He has a fucking Evangelion poster.

In fairness, it's a really stupid haircut.

I've yet to find a history professor more knowledgeable or engaging than Kenneth W Harl. The guy is ultra-serious and informative for 99% of his lectures--and honest about his particular theories--but my God, can he squeeze that 1% for all it's worth and make you cry.

youtube.com/watch?v=0EKk_pjr2hw&

Pic related, it seems to be the only thing of him on YouTube. But I'd recommend getting a sub to TTC or torrenting his courses. The ones on Alexander and the Peloponnesian War are fucking incredible.

I was thinking of subscribing to The Great Courses Plus for history stuff. Whuddaya think? Anyone here use it?

Isn't Skallagrim pro-guns though?

t. Lindy Beige

Absolutely. They have the best educational content that you can find online, BY FAR. Especially when it comes to history/philosophy/theology. Though, I'm looking at these offerings now and they're missing some stuff that's available on the main site. Regardless, you can get a free trial. I see that there's 5 of Kenneth W Harl's courses alone, so it's definitely worth it. But if you exhaust all the content on here you should torrent the stuff that's unavailable.

The Teaching Company is fucking based.

His approximation of British Received Pronunciation is very good for a non-native, but my guess is that it still wouldn't fool a native British English speaker.

His accent is good, he most likely learnt English in London, but you can definitely hear that he's Italian

Ian LaSpina should be so much more successful than he is, his content is amazingly informative but you have to be interested in armor and stuff. He has some great videos on period clothing as well. Maybe he just goes into too much detail about little things for normies.

Matt Easton but he should have more videos on technique rather than just swords. He's knowledgeable about it and it would be more interesting to watch.

Ian from Forgotten Weapons continues to be the best gun channel on YouTube, and it's great to see the massive success of it.

I haven't heard that before, is that a real rumor? He's mentioned in a few videos that he used to get in barfights a lot, and in one of his knife fighting videos, it sounded like he'd been in one, but he's never said anything about killing anyone.

me too but I'm a poorfag and I already have to deal with one set of lectures in college.

wtf i love Metatron now

Months ago some user said that he knew a guy who knew some of Matt's friends and they confirmed the story. But then again this is Veeky Forums so...
Tbqh though I wouldn't be surprised if the story is true, he has been in a lot of bar fights, was attacked by a hobo with a bottle and seems to know quite a lot (from his job) about people attacking other people with knives..

What is Matt Easton'a job anyway? I've always wondered...

If we're talking historical firearms channels, don't forget about C&Rsenal.
Othais doesn't have the same personable camera presence as Ian imo, but he goes way more in depth into the history and usage of WW1 firearms, and his production values are a bit better.

If I remember correctly he's working at a big multinational company as a financial analyst or accountant or something. In one video he mentions that in his job he used to read police reports about stabbing incidents.

Yeah, I support him on patreon too. The difference in production quality is pretty amazing considering that Ian gets more funding, but Ian also doesn't have anybody help with the production/editing (aside from Karl, occasionally). He doesn't really need to do much more than he does, in my opinion.

They make videos, partially about history, which you can watch for free on a platform called youtube.

My respect for Metatron went a bit down after he mentioned he wears mail armor IRL under his clothes.
I mean we're all a bit autistic but that's taking it on a whole 'nother level. Still loved his videos on foreign cultures (the japanese folk monsters were some pretty cool shit)

Anyway my top favorite of them is definitely Matt because out of them all, he's the most down to earth. He does rant about pretty damn specific stuff sometimes though, It's basically his uninteresting vids are fucking boring and I skip them, but his interesting vids are pretty damn interesting and must watch. He also seems to be the manliest of the bunch, all others are autistic nerds. No homo.

>he doesn't wear mail armour IRL under his clothes

>My respect for Metatron went a bit down after he mentioned he wears mail armor
Why? I know it's not very common, but that doesn't mean it's not smart, and he doesn't do it to LARP or anything like that. The video is pretty clear that the only reason he does it is to stop people from stabbing him. If he lives in a place where that kind of thing is common, that's not a bad idea. At worst, it's being overly cautious.

I'm a financial analyst/accountant and haven't seen anyone get stabbed yet

You don't have to be a cop or a drug dealer in order to see someone get stabbed.

I know user, but it's basically the same as my respect going down if I hear a friend had themselves a navel piercing. It's the stuff that's unasked for, I guess. I still like Metatron, he's got some of the best historical and cultural content out there, that's for damn sure.

Shame the sound quality sucks, someone get that man a new mic.

Link to the channel? I can't find him using his name, just some faggy music videos.

>being this new
Anyway here you go
>youtube.com/user/scholagladiatoria
Enjoy

>My respect for Metatron went a bit down after he mentioned he wears mail armor IRL under his clothes.

i think if he could get a real stab-proof or bullet-proof vest he would wear that, he made a video about how he's practically a wannabe prepper who stockpiles some supplies, stays fit and wants to own guns.

honestly the guy is far more conscious than you'd think from his dorky ways, his video on female warriors was also pretty fucking daring considering his audience.

A word about that later.

How does an archaeology degree help him talk about swords? It's literally a degree about scraping dirt and looking at broken pottery.

Ah yes the movie battle reviews. Where every point was started by him going "WHOA WHOA WHAT HAHA!"

Knyght Errant is too detailed for his own good if he wants success as a typical YouTuber. The main user demographic wants to see lots of cool swords and armour and guns and stuff. Not a 15 minute video on how one particular component of one particular type of armour should bend.

Skallagrim only really knows anything about weapons, HEMA, and even then it's pretty much only European or maybe a few East asian swords that he has any respectable knowledge on. Aside from that he knows absolutely nothing and just reads wikipedia or pulls it out of his arse.

Metatron is fairly good for knowing about some things but I can't really stand him as a person, he's just way too annoying and cringey - if he toned down his gay intros, stopped LARPing (even though he says he hates it), and got a real job then he might be more tolerable.

I REALLY liked lindybeige when I first started watching him, I binged half of his videos in the first week I knew about his channel, after that I got really sick of him and I don't watch him anymore, to be honest I think he's an arrogant prick and tries to hard to be a "cool but nerdy" faggot who is in reality a perma-virgin, borderline numale, overgrown teenager who relies on being 6'5" and having autistic knowledge of some parts of medieval europe to impress anyone and make up for lack of a likeable personality.