Reminder that if you don't own property, you're not a free man...

Reminder that if you don't own property, you're not a free man. You are literally living at the mercy of somebody with the word LORD in their title.

shut up gaylord

>implying you own property
stop paying your property taxes and see what happens to 'your' property.

Property taxes are an almost insignificant expense in most places.

not anywhere worth living.

It's only the northeast that has high property taxes.

precisely.

>all the decent places with higher taxes

really makes u think

>all the nigger places with high taxes
Fixed it for you

>live in nj
>shitty property tax rate
No man

NJ is not the northeast. It's the trash barrel of the northeast.

Srs though I think it's Mid-Atlantic.

Either way it sucks.

Bitch.

Lmao

You're an absolute retard.

You've never owned a house, but if you had you would know that RENTING an apartment for a year can be cheaper than paying property taxes for a year.

My parents pay 10,000 in property taxes on a 400,000 home. They could literally take that 10,000 dollars and rent an apartment.

thats a fucking lie. no one has to pay 10k property tax on a 400k home.

My home is assessed at 2mil and I pay 6k property tax

Jokes on you fag I still live with my parents

Show butt

>renting a $50,000 apartment is cheaper than paying taxes on a $400,000 house
Did you just learn how percentages work in math class?

I ain't no Digibitch

>2017
>paying property taxes
It's like you don't know about horses and alpacas, user.

>are an almost insignificant expense

I just got my property tax bill today for more than $2500

plot twist: only governments own property. only free assets are cryptocoins, and pretty much just bitcoin

A quarterly tax bill of $2500 would mean your house is probably worth at least $1 million and your income should be enough that that bill is an insignificant amount of money for you. If not, then you really fucked up and should stop trying to live above your means.

Fucking LARPER. If you've lived in a house before, you would never want to live in an apartment.

what's wrong with renting if you value flexibility over a certain time frame that is much less than the potential holding period of a mortgaged property especially with the market as it is now? Once you consider property tax (rent to the local government), maintenance, etc. as well as transaction fees if you do need to move renting is not always a bad choice. Obviously things like taxes, maintenance are priced in to rent and there are tax benefits but if you value flexibility to move on a ~

Would take mercy of a lord over the demented public, residential property is the biggest fucking shitcoin there is

do you own a house mr OP or are yo just larping like everyone else on this board

>have family farm
>for generations, work the farm enough to pay its expenses and keep it running, like mankind has done forever
>area around farm gets developed, land value goes up
>can't pay taxes, lose farm

All taxation is evil, if necessary, but property and estate taxes are particularly insidious.

Apartments are for chinks who genuinely prefer to live like battery hens.

Lmfao your parents fucking lied to you dipshit

Example estimate:
25% of 400,000=100,000
Tax of $3 on every 100
100,000÷100=1,000
1,000×3=3,000

$3,000 in taxes for a $400,000 home.

That's an example of how much a house that has a value of $400,000 could be. YOU SAID $10,000 LMFAO.
You're a cuck.

>tfw live in NJ on the water
>tfw 17k property taxes a year.