Now that the dust has settled:

Genocide of the Native Americans: good or bad?

No memeing its bad, though i wouldnt say most of it was real genocide

Bad for them, good for everyone else :^)

Didn't occur.

In some cases we did treat the natives pretty poorly (the Cherokee spring to mind).
In some cases (plains tribes) we didn't go far enough.

They died mostly because of disease, not genocide

Unfortunate but inevitable. Difficult to compare to more organized genocides (like the Holocaust or Rwandan genocide) however.

Holocaust of the Jews: good or bad?

bad

Non-existent. They're still here.

Incas: bad
Aztecs: good

Reddit: the post

Does anyone honestly believe that is a good quote? Like that last line is so dumb and just so stereotypical ignorent american its ridiculous. How can anyone think that that is profound, god that country is so dumb

Good thing

Neither, but if they'd had the power to not be slaughtered wholesale, they wouldn't have been.

nonexistent. Unless disease can commit genocide.

i mean, its good for me, sitting here in their former land with a privileged lifestyle made possible by the absurd power imbalance my nation created by taking all of their fucking land and making it one country.

but it probably sucked for them. what's the point? to make moral judgements about the dead?

its not like all these societies were peace loving tolerant weed smokers. they were as flawed as we are now, as anyone is.

see

Bad because it led to the creation of Heathen Nation of Jewry that we know today as the US of A ;-)

Good for me.
Bad for them.
A mixed bag for their surviving descendants.

That's an interesting point of view I haven't considered. Accurate, too.

People get pissed when you remind them that history is chock full of conquerings and similar power moves.

>Genocide
If we had wanted to genocide them, there would be no more native Americans.

The end.

Good, they had nothing we needed, they were in the way.

Also could you imagine the shit we would have to deal with if they were still around?

If you think the niggers are a pain imagine having Indians.

They had to go, they were standing in the way of civilization and progress.

there was no genocide

they simply got killed off by disease, and were moved to habitation out of the way to lessen the conflict with settlers

We cucked them into oblivion by fucking all their women, so great.

because its often used to justify shitty things
Yes, everybody knows theres tons of conquering, it still doesn't change the fact that lots of Indians died which caused a huge economic and cultural collapse and thats kinda sad...just like the bronze age collapse and shieet like that, just sad :(

Neither good nor bad.
Simply necessary.

Good for everyone else bad for the natives.

Plus if the natives were never genocided the massive butterfly effect would assure none of us were born

>muh spooks
*tips fedora*

It is what it is.

No one bats an eye on the history of stronger tribes overpowering the weaker one.

this to be honest.

Have you ever been to an Indian reservation? It's trash, the land is trash, the businesses are trash, and the people are trash. Nothing of value was lost, even if the phony fucking "peaceful hippie communes brutally wiped out by bloodthirsty racists" narrative were true.

This, the only bad thing is that we didn't kill all of them.

They are merely the losers in a cultural, economic, and demographic war that has reduced them to this state. We completely broke them but they would have done the same to us if we let them.

Whether intentional or not, I still think the hand they were dealt with was unfair.
If earth attempted to colonize a planet that housed a unique group of beings moderately less advanced than we are and a similar chain of events unfolded, I'd feel the same way about that.
>inb4 virtue signaling
I'm not. It legitimately hurts me on a deep level to see cultures die out.

Yeah, especially since there wasn't any good record keeping on things like their language and religion, oral tradition and shit like that because the AMs themselves never invented written language and the people who had done didn't care to record it themselves.

Natives of the Andes and Central America were not genocided, they are still the majority of the population with millions who still speak Quechua, Aymara and Maya.

Mexico is more comparable to a genocide because even though most Mexicans are non white, most are mixed race, unlike Bolivians or Guatemalans.
But then, the creation of a "hybrid" race, I dont know if it qualifies as genocide. Ethnocide surely.

In the places were natives disappeared it happened because their population density was low, and they were completely absorbed (the natives disappeared because their women had mestizo kids, not native kids)