Bauhus and the 60's psychedellic movement

Why do some people seemingly dislike these movements so much? To me, I've always been fascinated with how many new ideas came out of both, especially in the later 60's movement. In the long run of things, these two movements will probably be remembered in the same vein as Beethoven or Mozart.

Bauhaus will definitely be remembered, since their influence is still rampant in modern design and architecture, but the 60's flower power memery was just a fad that nostalgic boomers and uninspired graphic designers trot out every few years for a "retro" throwback.

but the velvet underground and nico is one of the best rock albums ever created and that cane from the 60's.

People on this board are obsessed with labelling anything that isn't classical Greco-Roman "degeneracy"

yes, but that doesn't translate to the rest of the psychedic movement having the same influence over history.

That's /pol/. True Veeky Forums loves Bauhaus.

If you hate Bauhaus you might for example don't use internet at all or break your phone, because Bauhaus is where literally everything where there's function prior to form and decor came from

it's literally just a bunch of talentless fucks trying to be edgy because it's the only way they would be taken serious as their actual painting skill isn't good and if it is, it's generic

Source: looking up paintings by edgy artists they made before joining the trend

It is practically autism and "art" colliding.

>thread about art
>no images of the art being discussed
how disappointing

Are you deranged? The Beat generation, the European Nouvelle Vague, the post-war Modernists; they are all major influences covering several subjects from poetry to architecture to music and fashion. Each spawned several other currents such as the Hippies, Pop-Art or Brutalism, and gave birth to incredibly rich ideologies and new, radical values. Their value is incontestable. It's rich and worthwhile.

>The Beat generation, the European Nouvelle Vague, the post-war Modernists;
those aren't hippies/psychedelic flower power freaks ya butthurt faggotus maximus.
where did I even mention any of those in my post?

The Beat directly influenced the Hippie movement. See Neal Cassady's impact on the Grateful Dead with the "Further" bus, for instance.

Psycadelics gave us great visionaries like Steve Jobs. It was incredibly important.

>originator of the "make everything touchscreen" meme
Steve Jobs burn in hell.

>great visionaries like Steve Jobs
Shit bait, apply yourself

>t. people who weren't founders of the world's richest company

The phone you're using is probably a touchscreen.

Bauhaus was an inherently communist movement based on communist philosophy. It's essentially Cultural Marxism in the form of an art movement. Art Deco was better, anyway, and I'm excited about the imminent Art Deco revival.

They were an influence but it only goes so far. Kerouac for example, didn't buy into the politics of the time and despised LSD.

>velvet underground and nico

Had nothing to do with the psychedelic scene.

He fucking loved speed, though.

Funny enough, the "Summer of Love" collapsed into a massive speed and later, heroin problem in the Frisco area.

>incredibly rich ideologies and radical values
lol
As much value as the biggest turd ever shat

abstract expressionism coming through

What exactly does the Bauhaus and the 60's psychedelic movement have incomine?

It's the album that perhaps killed psychedelic movement and founded the underground/alternative movement from the corpse, imo.

IIRC Lou Reed couldn't stand hippies. They were not anywhere remotely near flower power.

Are the Doors part of the psychedelic movement?