Are There Real Businessmen On This Board?

Business owners, shop owners, entrepreneurs, producers, farmers etc? Or is it just bitcoin people or guys with normal jobs?

I myself am a 24 y.o chemical engineering student with a plan of starting a 25 decare almond orchard. Father's lawyer, mother is teacher. I'll get a loan from the bank. Where I live, government pays off half of your loan interest, pays for your saplings if they're certified etc.

It'll cost me around 95k$ including the land, saplings, irrigation etc everything until the orchard is 4 y.o and they i'll start making money. When the trees are 10 y.o, i'll make roughly 150-160k$ net profit every year. If I want to change sectors, I can sell a mature 25 acres orchard with 10+ y.o trees for around 4 mill $.

The loan payment starts at the 4th year when the trees actually start giving product.

I have a plan to be the first one in my family and start a generation of business people hopefully.

Tell us your story and plans user.

Hey man I bought litecoin for 39 bucks and sold it for 41 a couple days ago... that's, that's business...

Call it a day and continue my life a weeaboo on Veeky Forums.

Bitcoiner, wageslave, and business owner here.

We are few and far between, but we are here. I have a pharma product in start-up phase I am working on. Regulations are a fucking nightmare.

Cool to have you around... cya in 5 years I guess??

>tfw another user has the same dream except it's almonds instead of oranges
>tfw fuck almonds i hate that shit

Look into agriculture loans for small businesses if you're in the USA. You can get below-market interest rates especially if you are diversity farmer. You should also look into leasing orchard space, a lot of wall st. has bought up farmland to lease, you can lower start-up cost like that and it's tax deductible. You should also consider ancillary activities, like running a small CSA if you live near a medium-sized city, a lot of people will pay to have a guy look over their crops and might even lease small amounts of space on the farm. Composting and making organic fertilizers can make you a lot as well. Don't sell the farm, it's better to load it up with debt if you have another venture and somebody who can operate this one meanwhile.

OP here. I meant to say 100 decare orchard. 25 acres..

Quit making more money than me

Any detes? I work in clinical research regulatory sphere. Also own my own LLC for contract work.

yep. I believe any farmer qualifiies for all of your list. But alot of farming is low pay so I also invest in land bitcoin gold silver ANYTHING legal

Thats awesome user! I hope it goes smoothly for you. I currently work in the family business but I want to buy an apple orchard in the Pacific NW. I'm hoping within the next 5 years to make that a reality.

as for yer loan you may not get all the trees you plant to take, and a monthly bill is sure death to small farming. Drought killed my spring crop this year, with a big bank note I would have starved

you wont find too many real businessmen here.

its all about sitting on your ass and gambling with shitcoins while jacking off to anime and posting wojaks.

make sure to activate your almond trees

Based dreams anons and good luck to you all. I want to start a vineyard with my crypro earnings.

Good luck to you too

I'm not from USA I'm from Turkey. Luckily a friend of my fathers is in the same business. He also has a construction firm. They're a family of 3 generations of businessmen. I've talked to him and he said that there are "tons" of ways to make money and having an almond orchard is one of em. People just don't give a fuck and try to cut the expenses from irrigation systems, cheap-shitty saplings, cultivation, fences etc then they bitch about how its impossible to make money and its not a good business.

I actually am getting agriculture loan. As I said the government pays my bank half of the electric and irrigation system's interest, they also grant me around 90$ / decare if I use blue certified saplings which I will. That grant will cover almost 100% of my sapling expenses. The loan is also paid back after 4 years when I start to get product. Same goes for buying the land. I wont lease because the regulations in Turkey does not allow to partner up or sell your project if you lease the space from government. Besides, land is almost always a good investment. The loan for purchasing agricultural land is paid back over 15 years aswell with low interest rates.

wtf i love Veeky Forums now

No way! Where you thinking? My family makes lots of wine every year just for family consumption.

brb shorting almond futures

Poppy seeds....

High tech, efficient farming is very new to Turkey. Besides, Almond is a very common tree here and you can find it anywhere in the wild. Just gotta plant the right species. Almond orchard space has tripled in Turkey in the last 15 years according to the government report. Besides, we've imported 400 mill $ worth of almond between 2012-2016 and the import taxes aren't low. I can compete.

Maybe most of the people cant wait 6-7 years for the trees to grow and don't take good care of em till then.

Good luck man.

I can handle the loan. As I said, father is a lawyer, he said he'd support me if things go slower than expected but I really dont think so. Loan payment starts at 4th year and by year 4, I'll be getting around 2.5 tons of shelled almond which goes for around 6000$. More than enough to pay for my loan and leaves me around 1-2k$ pocket money. By year 5 I predict 15-20k$ profit. It reaches to 130k$ profit by year 10 thats the matured orchard profit.

Besides, I'll be building an irrigation system. Drought is not a concern for me.

If I can find the switch.

Thanks.

Ideally somewhere in the açores. My entire family lineage stems from the same island (pic related). I unironically believe that my lifes purpose is getting back there. Thats cool though. I used to make wine with my grandfather as a kid by stomping on them barefoot and using old wooden presses.

24 y/o DoD analyst, been contracting for a few years prior service. I'm something of a dreamer and jot down ideas I have all the time but have only recently began to start even taking steps towards those.

I'm looking to start a private security/intelligence function and contract out to government myself. Likely still working for the govt until I'm 30 or so but I the plan is to make the most of my time with the next 6 years and lay down some real foundation.

I'm also with a group of folks who started an LLC not too long ago to try and sell their mixed drink and catering services with the intention of becoming a distillery later on so I'm more or less there for planning support as no one in the group has any business exp (myself included) but I do respect the drive they have and would like to be a part of it as well.

I have other endeavors that I'm interested in as well but I feel that I really need to flush my main course of action out and run that to the ground before I look at anything else. Whatever anyone here has to say in terms of critique and how I should move forward would be appreciated.

While I have benefited from crypto I struggle finding places to talk about entrepreneurial pursuits as a result I feel so I'm glad someone finally decided to make a thread like this.

Beautiful! Next time i'm buying wine ill have to look specifically for one made in the Azores. Thats an awesome memory, hopefully you can do that with your own kids and grandkids one day. Wish you the best!

Thanks and you as well. I highly recommend Madeira wine.

It's not really the same dream user. You're comparing almonds and oranges

Where are you getting all the water? Is that your best plan.

fucking almond shitters in commiefornia. Relocating all the water to their 'almond' plants

We are "open for business" now but are pretty limited in who we can sell to. We don't even have it up for sale on our website right now because of banking regulations on us. Hopefully about a month we will have the banking shit figured out and also have some regional buyers getting it from us at wholesale.

Ground water. Yes its my best plan.

shoutout to the ones doing the real grind. Turkeybro best of the luck.