Maybe dragging up a tired topic again...

Maybe dragging up a tired topic again, but why do people say nuremberg trials was unfair or "staged" when some of them got set free because lack of evidence or no crime committed or wasnt convicted of things because the allies also did them? Some also was in jail and then released. They werent all just sentenced guilty and killed

>why do people say nuremberg trials was unfair or "staged"

Because those people are stormcunts who are still furious they lost the war and couldnt hang/shoot/gas ALL of their opponents.

A trial conducted by a war's victors over the war's losers will always be unfair.

Because storm-fags are morons who get all their information from MS Paint images and refuse to read actual books.

Name 1 thing that happened at Nuremburg which was unfair without engaging in blatant denial of war-crimes.

Other than the usual delusional /pol/tards, nobody thinks they weren't guilty of what they were accused of. The problem is more the hypocrisy and extralegality of retroactively trying your defeated enemies for "crimes" in a fake court and letting your friends off scot free for similar shit.

like, yea I get the people who say that it was unfair probably may sympathize with the nazis / germans. But just facts like that the people got released etc is like "common" knowledge. Maybe not for the average joe, but if you look up anything about nuremburg.

Donitz got 10 years which was bullshit,
he was doing the same shit the allies were doing (unrestricted submarine warfare)
also there was torture used to procure confessions

The only "unfair" part was that the Allies didn't exterminate every single G*rm and turn their country over to a nature reserve.

please no /pol/-anti-/pol-war memes

Yeah, Donitz literally did nothing wrong.
Fucking Americans sunk japanese without mercy and Brits did the same thing in Mediterranean. I'm not even going to mention Russians who sank civilian refugee liners in Baltic Sea.

Because they had to invent a new crime and a new jurisdiction under which to prosecute most of them, as their actions in their own country were not illegal.

Crimes Against Humanity.

Pretty much the groundwork for the NWO.

For a start, 'crimes against peace' is an entirely confected indictment, with no basis in actual law.

Unrestricted submarine warfare only applies if you are sinking civilian ships which are affiliated with neutral countries. Neutral being the key word. American submarines attacking Japanese cargo ships is not an example of unrestricted submarine warfare, because Japan was not neutral, therefore vessels affiliated with Japan did not have the protection of neutrality. And Donitz was charged with other things besides that.

>Donitz was a good boi dindu nuffin

>"I didn't know anything about the genocide or Holocaust! Nothing!"

>"There is document evidence which shows you requested people from the camps there."

>"Y-y-yes of course, i-in war y-you must sacrifice!"

What does an admiral have to do with prison camps that you can only get to by train?

nimitz wrote an affidavit saying that the allies engaged in the same shit in the pacific that the germans did in the Atlantic
>And Donitz was charged with other things besides that.
the main thing he was charged with was unrestricted submarine warfare
he wasn't charged with any crimes against humanity

Nimitz is a credible source so I will accept that. And after doing some reading, it appears that The Nimitz letter was accepted by the prosecution. Thus, although Donitz was found guilty of unrestricted submarine warfare, no time was added to his sentence because of it. The 10-year sentence is purely a result of unrelated charges. For example, Donitz knew that 12,000 foreign workers were being used as involuntary labor (AKA slaves) in German shipyards. He was aware of this and did nothing to stop it.

Because prisoners were used as slave labor in the shipyards.

Donitz got a sentence because of his association with the Nazi Party, his use of slave labor in his shipyards, and compliance in starting the war. Ten years was honestly light as fuck. Charges against him for his submarine war were dropped when the defense proved that the Allies did the same thing. He WAS found guilty of ordering attacks on neutral ships, but no additional prison time was added for that charge.

>Why can't I just start wars without any consequences if I lose?