Future of Zcash

I get about a million different answers every time I ask this so let us see what this week has in store:

>Where's Zcash going in the next few months through the next year?

I hear that it'll be where miners will focus their attention after ETH goes PoS.

I hear it can't sustain its price.

Is it ever going to touch its ATH again?

What is Z cash? Sounds gay af user

The answer to all of your questions lies in the future kid

Jp Morgan just invested in Zcash. Big things ahead

I avoid Zcash and Monero like a madman on the basis that the US government (amongst others) is going to crack down on it.

They'll let Bitcoin slide because transactions CAN be traced (with some work) and its now popular with Wall Street. Ethereum and other blockchain-based solutions with real world use cases will eventually be accepted.

But fully anonymous cryptocurrencies that are liberally used for drug transactions, money laundering, etc? They'll go to the exchanges, tell them to shut down or face the wrath of the US legal system, and the price of those suckers will fall harder than when the devil was cast out of heaven.

I wouldn't want to be holding when that happens.

i would never buy z cash because of it's price

the only things that should be worth that much are bitcoin and eth

not even monero and ltc are worth as much as z cash and byteball

>Jp Morgan just invested in Zcash
No the fuck they didn't. They invested in the developer, ZECC. ZECC is making Quorum, which is JP Morgan's blockchain product.

JP Morgan has nothing to do with Zcash

Price is irrelevant, what matters is marketcap and circulating supply. BTC only costs $2400 because it has low circulating supply

price does matter though. coins with low market caps have dropped more than 200% in the past and not recovered.

Glad to see some actual conversation in a Zcash based thread for once.

>Is Zcash ever reaching its ATH again? As a hobby miner I get .4 a week and I wouldn't want to sell too early.

>invent new cryptocurrency
>only 3 in circulating supply
>each coin worth a third of the entire world's money
>rich af with 2 buddies of your choice

I'm in. You have to give me one because I was here first. We will pnd the third guy.

It matters but not in the way you are thinking. Just because a coin costs 1 cent doesn't mean it has potential to moon, in the same note, just because it costs $300 doesn't mean it won't moon. It's all relative to circulating supply and how much people are willing to pay for it, supply and demand basically.

BAHMPU

Zooko's got his hands in a lot of cookie jars

what is your mining setup?

3 1070s and 2 1080tis

Wanna know what my backup choices should be on the off chance Zcash dies.

This is the "untraceable but too traceable" scamcoin, right?

hush, zoi, zer for zcash forks
dnr also sounds quite interesting.

hahaha zcash is a shit coin, compare it to monero and you'll see the difference. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH FAGOT

For me, Zcash is a very stable coin with probably one of the best developer-teams. So when the rest of you chucks finally understands that the government cant controll those coins and fiat is basically just shit, then ZEC is the way to go. I dont think ZEC is one of those overhyped moon coins with no value behind it and therefore will only rise "slow" in value, but it will be one of the most important in about 5 jears.

Being anonymous is literally one of the main selling points of crypto. Don't forget that the only reason this shit grew at all was because of crime money

privacy coins are a meme and not a priority for the vast majority of people that will throw money at crypto in the upcoming years

Except privacy coins actually have real world utility and are very related to crypto, unlike 99% of coins and ICOs these days. People don't want to face it, but money laundering, tax evasion and illegal goods are the only things that back crypto up now.

ethereum is going to get zk-snarks, so the only important part of zcash (the tech) will be available on a better coin, seems bearish for zcash

not to mention the creator talking about how its still too traceable for criminals to use, and a privacy coin the most reprehensible criminals can't get away with using is a worthless privacy coin. i imagine most of it stems from it also having clear txs, which is a complete fail for a privacy coin and opens you up to fungibility and timing issues.

the tech is there but the coin implementation is dash-quality and is not something id want to be invested in long term.

Any idea if it will rise substantially in price before a possible, permanent culling?

Zcash is a jew coin. No, seriously. Just search "Zcash" and Israel to get a sense of the investments put in by the Israeli government.

Monero is what you should be looking at for anonymous transactions.

it'll probably get pumped up like most coins like these do before they side off. problem is 20% of the supply goes to zecc + a few select large investors, so in the event that theyre about to slide off to a much lower valuation theyre going to be the ones selling huge quantities so that would dampen any large pump.

i just dont see a world where the underlying tech is available under much better terms in a coin orders of magnitude more people use and theres still room for the original.

Any idea of a timeline?

The biggest pain in the ass of this guessing game is whether or not I should be selling off the Zcash I mine right now and put it into other crypto that has a higher chance of rising, or even BTC due to it's gold standard.

It is a literal coinflip and I'm conflicted.

Maybe sell one week and save the next?

BUMPUMPUMP

lol zioncash

no idea, i would have been selling last month. i would just keep selling al the same, given its bitcoin thats really calling the shots for the whole crypto market until this scaling shit is done with.

I don't think I had been mining for a week before it crashed, such is life.

I agree, bitcoin's pseudonymous property makes it super easy to track coins. this is super valuable to the gov.

On the subject, is there an anonymity focused coin that is recommended?

BAY is bae but are there any other contenders?

Someone may find a creative way to write it in a smart contract in ETH. I know the capabilities exist in bitcoin, it just doesn't work that great. There was that one coin four or five years ago that implemented anonymity just by using the free space a bitcoin transaction to insert the data. It was sort of like a mult sig transaction(it required 3 parties) I dont remember exactly, its been years. If I remember right, it utilized the standard lottery system in bitcoin(3 people give a signed key, then present that key, then the 3 keys get concatenated and hashed, there's more to it, but its been years, I'm pretty sure made you pay through a smart contract, I dont remember the exact functions it used), but had anonymity on a crypto level, Although it did have its own blockchain, it just only had to validate to anonymity process. Obviously it was primitive, but I expect someone to figure out a more efficient way to do this.