What gods do you find most interesting?

What gods do you find most interesting?

when it comes to fictional pagan pantheons, the most entertaining to read about are greek and scandi

I'm interested in Sumerian and Incan ones since I don't know much about them.

They're as legit as yaweh though. No need to disrespect the pagan gods.

Erzulie Freda a Haitian Loa depicted as a white or quadroon woman that is the patron of love and gays amongst other things. Those possessed by her speak flawless French and/or other European languages despite often being poor and kreyol monolingual.

Erzulie is a family so one aspect of Erzulie is this woman, while other aspects are opposite like Erzulie Dantor.

it's no disrespectful than one can be by calling spiderman a comicbook character

LARPer, its one thing if it's God's being worshipped in an unbroken chain like this it's another to use secondary and even more distant sources centuries after extinction to cobble up some sort of b.s. race based faith.

Just be a folk Catholic it's more honest.

T. Barg

I personally like the Greco-Roman pantheon myself.

Nah fuck you, you don't get to decide whether someone else's religion is legitimate or not.

Do you take any sense of irony in the fact you'd be posting a picture of a fat man in a fedora if someone said this about your god?

But paganism isn't strictly race based, and unbroken worship isn't required for divinity to be true. If the entire world turned their back on God, would that make him cease existing?

Why are the Christian LARPers here so fucking obnoxious and arrogant?

Norse. I've always loved the sense of fatalism and fatality that surrounds them. The fallibility of figures of power and the impermanence of all things seem to be core themes of Norse mythology, which strikes a chord with me.

Your "religion" has no tenets, the only thing that's left is the sagas made after centuries of conversion, Roman accounts of germanics and two hundred years of special snowflakes filling up the great void with occultist fiction flair.
Christianity's tenets were passed down in unbroken lines of conversion.

Greek. Egyptian is interesting as well.

>Christianity's tenets were passed down in unbroken lines of conversion.

Yes and? That doesn't prove or disprove its claims of divine truth you goddamn cunt.

Also our understanding of reconstructive paganism is rooted in more than just Christian accounts. There's also archeology, comparative mythology, and mythological analysis.

Seriously, why is it so hard for you to stop being such a cunt?

There is no evidence that Asatru followers practice anything remotely like the faiths of their ancestors.

It's a highly reconstructed mythology with no known body of work that can be verified as legitimate by the actual participants of Scandinavian pagans.

It's foundation is in the folklore and editing of Christian people's no doubt influenced by the new found faith they clearly abandoned their old one for.

I'm not some larping ponce bogy like yourself

>There is no evidence that Asatru followers practice anything remotely like the faiths of their ancestors.

Yes, and? How does this prove or disprove the legitimacy of these practices?

>It's a highly reconstructed mythology with no known body of work that can be verified as legitimate by the actual participants of Scandinavian pagans.

The only people who seem to care are Christians. The pagans are just doing their best to get on with their practices as best they can after Christianity erased their culture.

>It's foundation is in the folklore and editing of Christian people's no doubt influenced by the new found faith they clearly abandoned their old one for.

And Christianity was heavily influenced by Neoplatonism and was likely a creation of Paul that differs wildly from the teaching of Jesus Christ. What's your fucking point?

Why wont you stop being a cunt? If you ignore all my other questions, answer this one.

why don't you go pretend you're a dinosaur m8?

lmao

Because rather than claim Asatru and others as modern faiths inspired by the scraps of second and third hand info and cobble up with occultic and judeo-christian sentiments you have people believing they are worshipping the same Gods and in the same ways as their ancestors.

You are Pagan, you're neopagan.

Christianity is rooted within the foundations of Judaism and while there are likely many difference between Jesus and Paulian edits of Jesus' message it doesn't in anyway reduce the foundations of Christian teaches I.e. the faith of Christianity comes from a specific source and continues to be from that source to this day.

the source is Jesus Christ our Undying Lord, in union with the Father, and the HS

Tbh I don't really care. All I'm saying is Asatru and Christianity in terms of authenticity and continuity is a false equivalency.

You fucking dipshit. Nobody except neo-nazi crazies claims it's the exact fucking same, and it's not written off Christian scraps of second and third hand accounts; as I said there's serious academia that goes into it.

And if you seriously think Christianity has some sort of rock-solid theological basis that goes back in history, you've seriously never looked into textual criticism. Here's a hint: Jesus wasn't that special, never claimed to be God, and expected you to be Jewish.

Universalist neopagans are mostly just doing their best to embrace their form of spirituality and literally the only people that care about this shit are Christians asshurt that their faith continues to decline in the western world.

Who fucking cares about continuity? Everyone acknowledges the continuity is broken because it was broken by the church's repressive horse crap.

Authenticity is another matter, what do we have to be authentic to? Your own hangups or personal spiritual convictions? Because neither have any bearing on claims of divine truth.

Do me a favour and answer this question: would you hold that God would cease to be if the world turned their backs on him? Because all this trash about tradition, continuity, ancestors, etc. is rubbish, utter trash compared to that central consideration.

>Jesus wasn't that special, never claimed to be God, and expected you to be Jewish.

t. Judaizer

The sole basis with which Neopaganism arises are from people who themselves loathed the practice of it.

While you think I'm a Christian (I'm not) I personally can see quite clearly the variations of Christian faith aligning and arising from a base that is clearly recorded and recognized by people continuingly spreading the gospels.

Your spirituality has no soul, it's a reactionary action against salty feelings around Christianity yet fully formed within the rubric of Judeo-Christian morality and thought.

>yes goyim your religion is fake like the old ones

Moloch and Odin

Not the guy you replied to, but I am pretty sure there are parts in the bible where Jesus literally mentions his God and how he was sent to save humanity in his name.

>The sole basis with which Neopaganism arises are from people who themselves loathed the practice of it.
>Hurr, it's not like there's neopagans engaging in academic work or anything like that relying on comparisons of various indo-european mythologies looking for commonalities in practices and beliefs or anything. HURPDURP HOW CAN I BE THIS IGNORANT?!?!?!?!?!?

>While you think I'm a Christian (I'm not) I personally can see quite clearly the variations of Christian faith aligning and arising from a base that is clearly recorded and recognized by people continuingly spreading the gospels.

Again, all that crap is utter dross compared to the central concern: DIVINE TRUTH. You're the kind of idiot that would subscribe to a religion for ethno-nationalist reasons or something equally stupid.

>Your spirituality has no soul, it's a reactionary action against salty feelings around Christianity yet fully formed within the rubric of Judeo-Christian morality and thought.

Where there's a human soul, there is soul in human spirituality. My spirituality formed mostly in ancient pagan philosophy and finding polytheism to make more sense than monotheism. I have no reason to resent Christianity as I was not raised Christian.

Further most of my thought is Stirnerian in base, which isn't really Christian in the slightest. It's less Christian than Nietzsche.

Biblical textual criticism, google it.

The Son is not the Father but before Abraham was Jesus IS.

Another fucking thread drailed by christian obnoxious posters.
Anyways
>What gods do you find most interesting?
Vedic Gods, a very interesting amalgamation of proto indo european-indo aryan-native indian and indus valley pantheon.
I also like how Vedic Gods demonized Zoroastrian good divine beings, while zoroastrian religion demonized the vedic gods. Daeva / Ashura.

You Christians really have to practice some mental gymnastics in order to make do with the biggest doublethink in the history of religion.

Not really, one need simply to acknowledge that just as you cannot fit the ocean inside a thimble neither can you fit God inside the human brain.

Doublethink. The trinity doesn't stand up to basic scrutiny and you know it.

A God that doesn't make sense makes much more sense than a God who does.

Ok, then a universe without a God makes the most sense.

It stands up to anything because it created everything, it was here before you and it will remain after you are gone.

There's no reason to believe that.

>If the entire world turned their back on God, would that make him cease existing?
Considering the God of the bible made the promise that His people would exist until the 2nd coming, it would prove He never existed

AGATHODEAMONS — BENDIS AND KOTYS IN COTYTTIA, AND BRITOMARTIS IN KAINO — AND THE MAENADS OF DIONYSUS

Love is.

God is by definition outside creation. Therefore, God is not inhibited by the rules of creation
It's not doublethink, it's basic logic

This could apply to literally any lie or contradiction in every religion ever

>he thinks the universe is supposed to make sense to what he himself considers to be irrelevant tiny bipeds who inhabit the thin film of cosmic algae growing on the surface of an insignificant rock orbiting around a random star

Why so anthropocentric, my redox reaction?

Which is why faith is ultimately an act of will.

>Yes, yes, goyim
>Your God is a Jewish man who impregnated a married virgin Jewish woman with himself then grew up as human and got himself killed in order to absolve your original sin
>yes, yes, keep believing, goyim

The fact that is painted on what appears to be a paper towel makes it way more cozy than it has any business being.

>never claimed to be God
Actually he did. John 8:57-59

Nah. Love is the domain of Freyja.

TEXTUAL CRITICISM
E
X
T
U
A
L

C
R
I
T
I
S
M

Learn more about it already.

Which is why she agreed to sell herself to a mason if he built a wall around Asgard?

Well God's a comic book character too, so... You could see where people might find this offensive.

So? Yahweh loved his people enough to kill thousands of them for not wanting to go to his holy land.

I am fully aware that the aristocratic elites are doing everything in their power to destroy religion and the classic (and natural) family structures. Still, religion is fake, but they're not pushing it aside because of science n' philosophy, but because it hurdles their plans and they need the herd to be fully focused on the Romantic Consumerist Society they have been building for centuries now.

Allfather disciplines His children with love but a hooker merely thirsts for it.

>engages in act that harms no one to help protect her fellow gods
>ruthlessly slaughters thousands of innocent people because he was too lazy as a supposedly all powerful being to just take them to the promised land

Was your father abusive? Also you're making the implicit assumption here that sex is shameful or somehow challenges her dominion over love, which is silly.

The Greeks and Norse are kinda played out for me. The Egyptians are a bit more nuanced and varied, just from the sheer time they were around, but also pretty overplayed.

The Sumerians and Babylonians are interesting, somewhat less overplayed, but there's also a lot less legitimate literature available. Most of what we seem to have in details of drama, beyond Gilgamesh, is guesswork.

Zoroastrianism is boring as fuck...

Jewish mysticism and Christian non-canon is kinda interesting, but everyone gets so offended. I suspect there's some fun to be had with the Djinn and the like in various non-canon Islamic sources, but that's a good way to get your head cut off.

The Hindu gods... They are very interesting, but at the same time, it's hard to enjoy them when, somewhere at the back of your mind, you realize there's around a billion people still worshipping these things. But the nice thing about Hindus is that, unlike most Abrahamic religions, they don't generally give a fuck when you write fanfic about their gods - and boy is there a lotta fanfic! Closest thing we have to epic space battles in ancient religion.

>muh John isn't reals
Fuck off kike.

Allfather strengthens His children while weaklings whine wishing He was like their whores.

Well now you're just incoherent. Take your medication.

Your bigotry does you no credit. Textual criticism supports the narrative that Jesus was an apocalyptic preacher of the time and was pushing for a reform of Judaism that was still mostly Judaic in character.

Oh while we're at it. Judaism stems from polytheistic roots and wasn't monotheistic until after contact with the Persians.

>this entire post

The Egyptian mythologies are pretty entertaining. A bit out there like Sumerian stories, but not as extreme.
My favorite Egyptian goddesses are Nephtys and Bast, and I have little gold statues of them both.

bump

Yeah, John, which contradicts Mark where he is just kind of a guy who does miracles and gets executed.
Following the bible word for word is the same as following the eddas word for word. Faith is something that has a lot of personal parts to it.

Sol Invictus and Inti

Yahweh is the Jewish god though you autist

Ahura Mazda, Belenos, and Belobog

Not my religion dumbfuck and nothing you said here gives you the right to dismiss other people's religious beliefs as being invalid because they don't measure up to your standards.

Fuck off.

Jews worship Moloch not Yahweh

>fictional pagan pantheons
>Implying your god is real in contrast

does anyone have any info on the obscure Roman goddess Disciplina? I know she was worshiped heavily at the frontiers of the empire like Scotland but i cant find a visual description of her or archeology depicting her

Tengri
>no idols, altars or temples
>no scriptures or meme books
>literally allows the worship of other Gods and religions because they are still considered to be Tengri since Tengri transcends them all
Explains why so many Mongols and Turks had no problem converting to other religions in the first place.

personally I'm a fan of goku but superman is pretty strong too. I wish we got to see jesus and the other ancient comic book heroes unleash their chakra so we could measure their powers level and compare them with the 20th century fictional characters

I've always loved the Greco-Roman pantheon, and it's always been a weird pseudo pagan undercurrent to Western Society since the Renaissanceish in particular. Vodoo is pretty interesting too

Tengrism is of interest to me.