How would I go about financing a film I want to make?

How would I go about financing a film I want to make?

I'm thinking of spending a few grand on paying an artist to make concept art for it, and then doing a voiceover video about the plot with the art playing with it. Then I use that to fund a Kickstarter for $250,000. The idea itself is a pretty solid adventure story, and the screenplay is written.

Is that unreasonable?

Other urls found in this thread:

ico.swisscoast.com/
7ype.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

I realize digital Chuck e cheese tokens are important but please take a minute to help an user out

Sell all your assets buy bitcoin and hodl

Most people use Jews, Poos or Sand Niggeroos to fund their films...either way prepare to loose.

go to hollywood with your script or find an investor. if they like it they invest

>buy bitcoin when it dips to 1750 in the next couple of days
>sell when it goes to 4k in the next few months
>make movie

Sure, but then you're at the whim of whatever they want you to do.

And getting funded in Hollywood off a script alone, for a guy with no prior directing experience, is extremely rare.

this movie fucking sucked

So be prepared to face a ton of rejection first of all. But you need to get the script in the hands of either a top producer or a top movie star. That means you send it out to as many producers and agents of movies stars as you can find. The big studios won't even bother unless the script is coming from either one of those sources. Also it takes a lot more money than 250k to make a good movie, as you have no experience producing I would NOT recommend the kickstarter. If the movie is any good you'll have offers to be bought out which I recommend you take but you can play hard ball to stay on and get some kind of producers credit.

If you have more questions I can try to answer them. My sister is married to an A-lister movie star and I love talking movie production with him. I've also got to meet 2 of the top hollywood producers and pick their brains a little.

>inb4 Will you pass my script along.

sorry I can't , that's outside the scope of my relationship with Bro in law

suck cut jew dick

It's not impossible. A good friend of mine wrote "Black Mass" the whitey Bulger movie with Johnny Depp. Basically he was dirt poor and couldn't make ends meet for like a year or two shopping the script, his GF left him and moved back east (she was friends with my wife.) then 2 months later his script got picked up. The girl must have felt like shit.

>The girl must have felt like shit.
Sad. Many such cases. But seriously I love it when this happens.

Assuming you're not larping, thanks for the post. I would prefer full creative control, but since that's unrealistic, what do these agents and producers look for in a script more than anything? Does it help if I meet them in person rather than just mailing or emailing them it?

>A-lister movie star

Any hints?

You're either gonna have to go to Hollywood and deal with the Jew or to Vancouver and deal with a fucking leaf. Your script is probably mediocre as 90% of everything made is. But in the off chance that it isn't it will be stylistically destroyed. Hollywood rarely banks on anything different and that's why we get rehashes of Point Break, Total Recall, and countless other regurgitated shit.

Yes it will definitely help meeting these people in person. Full creative control, like you said, is unrealistic but Sly Stallone pulled it off, and even starred in his own picture too. I would follow the "3 Ps" if you're serious about it: Patiently Persistently Pester.

Your best shot at getting a good handle on the creative control though is getting a director who will listen to you, they have the absolute final say on the movie, it's "their movie" when they sign on as director. Producers keep everyone happy, keep things under budget, negotiate with the director to get as many shots as they need and no more, and keep the actors from killing the directors for making them do things 100 times. Actors have the least say in the process, they pick the best scripts with their teams (agents, managers, producers) and if they are not a leading actor of the time then they usually have even less say. Studios foot the bill and look to make a nice profit preferably x2 their money.

>What are they looking for?
Hmm, honestly I don't know and I never asked any of the guys what they look for in a script. My own personal opinion would be something that pushes the multi-cultural narrative forward or that paints jewish (or Chinese now because they are buying up Hollywood studios) in a very good light. I've always joked that if I wanted to get a movie made I'd just write another WW2 flick about a jew and a girl and their struggle ect. Find something that relates with NORMIES first and foremost, and that the people footing the bill will like, bolster the egos of those who are giving the money with an idea that they will make money from the average movie goer. Look at the stars who are the highest revenue generating and write a part specifically for them, and then do whatever you can to get in touch with a member on their team.

>larping

i'm truly not larping and to be honest I'm not good with hints, any hints would give it away

Why I suggest going after a producer, is because they have worked with many studios and many directors, so if you get a really hot shot producer on board he will do his best to sell to ALL of his contacts. My brother in law and his favorite producer now pitch movies to multiple studios in order to find the best bid/offer.

I highly appreciate all the advice man.

What you're saying is the exact problem with the movie industry though, it's all in the pursuit of cash with no soul or originality put into the film itself. The multiculturalism narratives, jewish and chinese pandering, and so on are all ruining the industry. I want the movie to actually be good and not tainted by corporate studio influence, as impossible as that sounds.

Like said, everything is just a regurgitation. The "90% of scripts are rubbish" thing is true as well, but I'm fairly sure my work is an exception to this rule; I'm good. I do live in Washington though, so Vancouver and LA are both close

Vancouver is cheaper, can be just as Jewy but they had a decent indie scene. Honestly if you can get a million bucks you could make something good if its well written and you cut the right corners. One of my favorite movies is the American Astronaut...it was written directed scripted and music by one dude Cory McAbee all for around 1 million in 2005-6.

Sling Blade also started off as a short by Billy Bob Thornton and launched his career. Maybe start small, good luck.

Film fag here. Been a cameraman for 4 years. My brother is a director. Worked with some a listers and seen some shit.

Lol, you and about 1,000,000 other people have the same idea.

You wanna make a movie? Get into film, work hard for years, and work your way up to director. Then after you have some respect, MAYBE you can get some people to finance your great big idea.

99% of indie movies are complete shit. The 1% that are good launch nobodies into a position where they can make a good movie.

>Lol, you and about 1,000,000 other people have the same idea.

The difference is that mine is good, and I'm actually going to make it happen.

>You wanna make a movie? Get into film, work hard for years, and work your way up to director. Then after you have some respect, MAYBE you can get some people to finance your great big idea.

Nah, I'd rather aim for a home run and earn respect once it's out of the park.

>99% of indie movies are complete shit. The 1% that are good launch nobodies into a position where they can make a good movie.

99% of people are lazy and have shitty ideas, this isn't surprising.

Post some of the best dialogue you've written so we can see how good you are

GOOD LUCK.

Just a friendly reminder. To even make a short film that is about 15 minutes and is decent, you need AT LEAST $20,000.

Why the fuck are you people unable to just buy and hold?

It's not a fucking meme. Stop whining about whales and bad trades and >it's crashing again! If you just fucking hold you will succeed at this game. It's that goddamn simple.

Hold for a long time no matter what the fucking price is. Then sell again when you need the money and it's higher than you bought in. It's that goddamn easy.

He sounds young, I doubt he understands just how convoluted this industry is. Not even the fact that he hasn't probably looked up SAG-AFTRA.

Yeah, it certainly is a problem, I haven't watched a movie in years other than the ones my bro stars in just out of support for him. I truly hope you can make something good the world needs it. Use Sly Stone's story for inspiration, if that guy got it done anyone can seriously. Persistence, get something else to pay your bills for a while and put at least 2-3 hours shopping the script a day.

Also work on salesmanship, take a sales course, you will have to sell your movie and the vision more than anything. Even if the script is amazing, they have to be convinced to read it first of all. Salesmanship and sheer persistence can get it done. The question is how long are you willing to put in work and face rejection, if you are not phased by it (I'm an entrepreneur personally and rejection doesn't phase me in the slightest) you can continue until perpetuity.

shiiieeet this ain't the ethereum thread

Bruce Wayne: ...They said you were dead.

A SHADOWY FIGURE emerges from the darkness of the room. We see TWI HANDS, one robotic, secured firmly around the figure's BELT LOOPS.

Shadowy figure: Well, I certainly didn't fly so good.

[Theme begins to build]

Bruce Wayne turns away from the WINDOW with a brilliant view of Gotham to face the figure.

Bruce Wayne: Didn't die so good either.

The figure EMERGES from the darkness, revealing a scarred but otherwise completely unharmed man... CIA himself.

He lights a CIGARETTE and nods.

CIA: Damn fucking right, big guy.

[Theme plays full blast and credits roll]

>unzips dick
you in the wrong thread honky!

This nigga...

>epic troll...well played.

I know, I've done a lot of research and have read multiple books on budgeting a film (although they were kind of outdated).

I plan on using non-union actors. Much easier that way; especially with all the hungry wannabes out there.

Thanks. I've been screencapping your posts, rejection doesn't faze me either. Funnily enough I have a Rocky poster on my wall for inspiration.

I'll definitely work on my salesmanship.

make an ICO lol

>ETHEREUM MOVIE VENTURE — World's first Ethereum-funded movie.
ico.swisscoast.com/

>7YPE — Ethereum-based cryptocurrency for movie production.
7ype.com/

Fuck, that's a great idea actually.

I can pay the crew in Bitbean

Wow people really will give money to anything

>Basically he was dirt poor and couldn't make ends meet for like a year or two shopping the script,
Eternal reminder: film is feast or famine

>what do these agents and producers look for in a script more than anything? Does it help if I meet them in person rather than just mailing or emailing them it?
They look for known properties! Buy the rights to a book which is going to go be the next 50 shades, start a web-series that goes viral, buy the rights to a 50 year old board game and write a script based loosly on it.

Also each producer has a specific niche and audience they tailor to, no point going to a guy who makes middle-class boomer dramas about retirees finding love again starring Richard Gere if your film is a post-apocalyptic Christian allegory which is the perfect vehicle for James Franco...
>inb4 "what if they want to do something different?"

Forget about agents right now, an agent doesn't want you until you don't need an agent.

This.
I made a micro-budget feature because I wanted to use it as a launchpad for later projects and have a friend who's made like 5. Seriously, get a fucking producer! Get a line producer too... but more importantly get someone with connections, and I'm not even talking about connections to money, there's lots of money around in private funding if you know where to look for it, but get a producer who can negotiate a Gaffer to bring ALL his lights for no extra charge. Who knows a fixer in Vancouver who can smooth talk the studio into getting you an extra few days...
>but I'm fairly sure my work is an exception to this rule; I'm good. I do live in Washington though, so Vancouver and LA are both close
90% of drivers think they are better than average drivers...

>Lol, you and about 1,000,000 other people have the same idea.
this

I'd be lying if I didn't want to see "CIA RISES"