SEGWIT2X issues

Last Update : 2017/07/18 19:17

Developers are looking into a potential problem/bug with Segwit2x.

As described in a GitHub post by Blockstream CTO Greg Maxwell, the first part of the proposal, BIP 91, could lead some miners to reject blocks from others on activation. Discussion on the issue is still ongoing, but Maxwell is seeking to galvanize feedback to raise awareness of the issue.

This requires an urgent response,” he said on GitHub.

^This is just the beginning. How the fuck can these fucking idiots be so unprepared for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/lgnzA
blockstream.com/team/
bitcoin.org/en/development
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they're desperately trying to prevent BIP148. It's been like this for years. Fuck the gooks and fuck BIP91. If that goes through, whatever form segwit2x takes will become worthless.

> How the fuck can these fucking idiots be so unprepared for this?

These clowns wanna hardfork to a wortless shitcoin, sayanora! Screw x2!

>trusting chinese miners even once
Buy IOTA. It's both blockchain- and miner-free, and it also offers instant transactions, zero fees, and infinite scalability.

Derp, read between the lines.

Core/Blockstream is pissed that BIP91 gained traction against their will. A 2 MB hardfork also delays demand for off-chain transactions that Blockstream needs to start turning a profit. And if miners do pull this off, there probably will be miner-initiated block size increases. Less power and control for Blockstream prevents profits for a long long time.

So it's in Core's best interests to destabilize and undermine BIP 91, especially since BIP91 leads to a 2MB HF. If they were able to do that, miners would be strongly incentivized to take up Segwit straight up to prevent the UASF from splitting the chain. This would cast the 2MB increase into question though.

If you actually read the comments on Maxwell's issue, you realize this bug poses no real world issues, as miners all use the relay network for signaling. The whole push, and seriousness of the description is designed to spread FUD amongst miners and the markets.

SHORT

SHORT

SHORT

Piss off with your shitcoin, pajeet

Not fuckin' selling. Bring it on, fudders.

Their website legit just crashed my phone. After restart I can barely scroll on this shit. How can I trust these fucking idiots with my money?

Hey, if you want to use broken crypto, then that's your choice.

Maybe you shouldn't try using a potato as a phone then.

Fake fud news. Segwit will be activated. Big blocks will be blocked.

Nothing broken about bitcoin, poo in the loo coiner

bigger blocks to mine = higher transaction fees

WE WILL CRASH BITCOIN WITH NO SURVIVORS
BROTHER, HAVE WE STARTED THE FLIPENING?

>says the increasingly nervous bitcoiner

what happens if a large chinese mining facility catches on fire?

so many drawbacks to crypto

actually not a problem, but crypto will go full PoS in a few years, goodbye china welcome passive income

Doesn't matter. Hashpower is extremely distributed across China. If you had one of the biggest pools burn down, you might see transactions slow down by ~5-10% as long as two weeks. Of course hashpower is being added all the time, so you honestly may not see a noticeable difference 2-3 days later.

This is the benefit of a decentralized structure.

Nervous about what retard?

I got thousands of bitcoins for mining. I've seen it all. Been there done that.

Bitcoin's never going PoS while I'm still holding.

one more reason why it will not be the n1 coin by 2020 :^D

>could lead some miners to reject blocks from others on activation.
Perfect miners got monopoly of new blocks, disguised as improvement for the scaling issue.

1600 here we go

>bitcoin commits suicide because the miners would rather collect fees than have a viable cryptocurrency
>e-everything is fine guys!

6.5% away

It always was and always will be 1, poo in the loo coiner

I can practically taste the salt in your posts.

it already passed 80%, what matter is how it ends by 1 august.

Where do I buy it?

Bitfinex. I recommend transferring ETH over from another exchange to purchase.

CAN NEWFAGS STOP TALKING ABOUT SHIT THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT?

ITS NOT ABOUT BIP91 IDIOTS, ITS ABOUT BIP148

>thinking everyone else is as much of a fucking retard as yourself

that's where you're wrong kiddo

They tried btc classic, unlimited, xt, abc, cash.

They all bite the dust, nervous shitcoiner.

The dude is wrong but you don't have to be mean

Isn't bip 91 good? It prevents a split and activates segwit. This should increase price?

Except this time their schenanigan has a majority of hashing power.

BIP91 is great.

Core hates it because it wasn't their plan, among other things.

BIP91 is literally miners coercing the ecosystem into changing the validation rules.

Miners locking in bip91 is basicly activating UASF

so they can potentially mod it again in the future?

Segwit will be locked in before august. End of story. No lambo's for you shitcoiners!

Why didn't they just make the block size really large (e.g. 64 mb) so they push the issue completely away for the foreseeable future?

Checked and Kek'd!
Praise Kek!!!

Should I buy before or after implementation?

the threes are the bees knees

If you want to buy below 4K, I would say NOW

That's how Bitcoin works. Miners vote on rules by choosing which blocks to extend and which to reject. The longest chain with the greatest POW is bitcoin. This is why people are concerned with pool diversity- if one pool gets enough hashpower, they alone could make the rules of Bitcoin.

>so they can potentially mod it again in the future?

Yes, hopefully. Larger blocks will probably be required in a year or so. A 4MB or 8MB block increase will probably be easily handled at that point.

I want to buy below 2k though :/

K just get your delorean to 88 MPH then

Ethereum alliance has mastercard, cisco, government of india, banks, BP oil, microsoft, jp morgan, etc on their side...

why doesn't bitcoin have an alliance?

>government of india
Truly the pajeet coin we all need but don't deserve

? This is literally a major issue from the dev team

are you fucking retarded?

>implying it wont dip again this weekend

nice so this is basically a test ground? miners getting along and building alliances to dominate.

like a first battle to see which faction to join and so on?

Lol, it's not a major issue. Also it's just Core/Blockstream being butthurt.

Crash 2.0!!!!

Uh, kind of? There's overwhelming support for this. I'm sure if BIP91 succeeds miners will be more proactive in future updates without Core.

hope this is true

Oh yeah? Can't wait to see it then. I'm shaking already.

JIHAN HAS A SECRET ARMY

PREPARE FOR BLOOD

BITMAIN IS GOING TO LAUNCH A 51% ATTACK ON BTC AFTER THE BIG BLOCKERS SPLIT

imgur.com/a/lgnzA

Easely countered n00b

Core doesn't like BIP91 because the NYA was created by business men, not developers. It's creates a huge issue for the network if it splits using untested technology, Bitcoin Unlimited crashing multiple times should make you scared of the NYA as BU was developed by business men who hired shit coders. Do you really want to be on the side of Bitmain? That's just ridiculous. Rather be on the side of Core who have been working on BTC for years without issue and only get paid in donations, not fucking Jihan Wu.

You're just an idiot.

Doubtful as PoW is cheaper in the end.

I really just think its maintaining their monopoly over Bitcoin. Bitmain being the only major distributor of ASICs wanting the block size increase will just further their agenda of dominating Bitcoin. Their HF plan doesn't make blocks have a limit of 2mb, it stops at 8mb which causes issues for the average joe being able to run a node as the blockchain size will be just too big and expensive to run. Governments and huge mining operations will be the only ones to have the resources to control the network thus removing decentralization.

It has to be locked in.

Idiot.

To anyone who uses the "Satoshi's Vision," argument, he didn't take into account how fast bitcoin was gonna grow, ASICs, and a monopoly on mining software in fucking china. Increasing the size at this day and age poses the risk of 51% attacks because only groups with vast resources can keep the network up.

Now stop being idiots and don't discuss this shit in public.

This is good. If we manage to get segwit locked in, all the delusional idiots pretending to hardfork to the segwit2x crap will be exposed further, so no more FUD in november.

Nice just bought 100k

If you aren't buying Litecoin right now you are fucking nuts

Litecoin and Bitcoin will swap prices overnight.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AND YOU FAGS THINK BITCOIN WILL BE WORTH A MILLION DOLLARS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

COINERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

L I T E C O I N
I
T
E
C
O
I
N

$ 3 0 0 0

>cheap, also broken bitcoin knockoff
That's a funny way to spell IOTO

>IOTO
That's a really funny way to spell anything

you mean core who allllll work for blockstream? blockstreamcore!!! fk U FUCKER!!

Yeah, it is. Must have had a minor stroke there from thinking about all of those gainz. Anyway:

BUYIOTA
UYIOTAB
YIOTABU
IOTABUY
OTABUYI
TABUYIO
ABUYIOT

Wow. You're so obviously a pajeet disinfo agent, its not even funny.

blockstream.com/team/
bitcoin.org/en/development

bitcoin increases over 100% percent per year
how can coiners even compete?

>broken

retard.

>maybe if I call them names that will fix the glaring scalability and consensus problems with my failing cryptocurrency

>maybe if I FUD enough people will stop buying BTC and buy my shitcoin instead

>ur dum lol, there r no problems XD
See? I'm just like you now.

>it dipped for a couple weeks, that means its going to dip this week too

retard detected

Only if he sabotages other main miners... with power cuts or fire.

HE HAS A SECRET ARMY OF MINING MACHINES. BITMAIN HAS A MONOPOLY ON ASIC SUPPLY. HE HAS ENOUGH STEALTH HASHPOWER TO 51% BTC.