Why did early Muslim philosophers love Aristotle so much?

Why did early Muslim philosophers love Aristotle so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abd_al-Hamid_al-Katib
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Dawood
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Hanifa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Baladhuri
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Maʿshar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Zayd_al-Balkhi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banū_Mūsā
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_ibn_Barmak
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_al-Bukhari
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahl_ibn_Bishr
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukhtishu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borzuya
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Bal'ami
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu'l-Fadl_al-Bal'ami
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Hanifa_Dinawari
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Qutaybah
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_ibn_Muhammad_ibn_Kathir_al-Farghani
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Farabi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrāhīm_al-Fazārī
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muḥammad_ibn_Ibrāhīm_al-Fazārī
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Sahl_'Isa_ibn_Yahya_al-Masihi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

christians did too

It amuses me when any religious person is interested in logic and reason.

Do you just mean Iranian philosophers?

Averroes was Arab

Why are there so few Arab philosophers, polymaths, and intellectuals even during the "Islamic" Golden Age?

here's your (you)

Early Christianity was all about Platonism

Muslims back then were far less retarded than today because they didn't have 14 centuries of literal cousin-fucking.

I wish to cause much alarm by informing you that Quantumn Analysis can actually be combined with probability to find God.

Because the early Muslim states basically swallowed the sassanids whole and decided to use what they had already developed instead of starting from scratch. It's why Persian statecraft traditions also survived through the conquests; everything the Arabs wanted to do the Persians already knew how to do

I don't think sciences, mathematics, languages, philosophy works the way you think it does just because the Sassanid Empire's structure was copied by the Arab Caliphates. And to add, Arab intellectuals generally focused more on Islamic laws and religious discourse and thinks like the Hadiths and Islamic law.

I may be simplifying it but I do think that the fact that Persians had been sedentary for over a millennium and had a rich intellectual tradition can help explain their overrepresentation in the intellectual circles of the califate

Most of the literary figures and poets were Arab tho.
It's cultural as Arabs consider work and art a disgrace. (Most of the sciences were considered arts)

In fact the word work in Arabic "Mihna" stems directly from "Mahana" meaning disgrace.

Plus biological inferiority.

He was not an Arab.

There are many of them, mainly in astronomy and medicine. Averroes in the picture is an Arab for example.

Iranians overshadowed Arabs during Abbasid era and onwards because Iranians always had a culture of scholarship and literature, it's even mentioned in one of the hadiths that if knowledge was suspended in heavens, Iranians would still reach it.

Mihna does not stem from Mahana, they both stem from root MHN which is about overflowing.

Not a single Muslim Iranian philosopher was interested in Aristotle, all Muslim philosophers who were interested in Aristotelian metaphysics were Arabs

ISIS and al-Qaeda are pretty well versed in Aristotelianism

>this meme again

It's true

MHN is actually a verb meaning "is weakened"

Imam Al Shafi'i even discouraged jobs at one point.

You're both dumb

Then prove it

Burden of proof is on you, Hakim.

Early "muslims" were Persians appreciated high culture like Greeks, Egyptians, and Indians.

Since Islamic invasion happened from inward, they were able to keep the Persian scholars for few generations.

Except much of those Persians scholars are in 900s up until 1200s, roughly 500 years after conquest.

It's like talking today about philosophy of 1500s and today then pretending it's few years apart.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abd_al-Hamid_al-Katib
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Dawood
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Hanifa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Baladhuri
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Maʿshar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Zayd_al-Balkhi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banū_Mūsā
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_ibn_Barmak
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_al-Bukhari
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahl_ibn_Bishr
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukhtishu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borzuya
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Bal'ami
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu'l-Fadl_al-Bal'ami
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Hanifa_Dinawari
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Qutaybah
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_ibn_Muhammad_ibn_Kathir_al-Farghani
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Farabi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrāhīm_al-Fazārī
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muḥammad_ibn_Ibrāhīm_al-Fazārī
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Sahl_'Isa_ibn_Yahya_al-Masihi

A lot of them pre-date the 900s, maybe not a majority but a sizable amount of them regardless pre-date that claim of solely after the 900s.

Because they weren't enlightened enough for Plato.

ayn rand loved aristotle too

so the answer is probably autism

Its funny you say that because Muslim astronomy was held back because they were so obsessed with keeping with Aristotles opinions on Astronomy

Most mutakallim were Arabs, not Persians, retards.

>much of the
>claim of solely

I never said anything about "solely" or "majority" though.

Because Aristotle's philosophies are quite compatible with Islam. Aristotle said that everyone is created with a meaning of life that they must fulfill whether they want to or not. This is very compatible with Islam which states that you must give your undying submission to God

>state claim
>refuse to back it up
Not really

Ignore the every philosopher/scientist was a persian crowd, all of them are brainwashed iran diaspora fags who disort history to hide their inferiority complexes about arab conquest.

Ali reza losangeleszahdes ruining threads again

No, someone stated a claim that Arabs lack the same amount of intellectuals as non-Arabs do when it came to the Islamic Golden Age. Someone else interjected into this multi-poster reply chain adding that they believed most Iranian intellectuals contributed to it after the 10th century, you still have the burden of proof to prove your claim, retard.

Neoplatonism, which has Aristotelian elements in it.

The Early muslim empire(s) had a long time of peaceful living and a great deal of wealth flowing in due to silk road

Good times always make place for philosophy and science.

I bet you Mansa Musa read Aristotle as well

>m'lady

Dude re-read the reply chain and look at who I am replying to.

>Why did early Muslim philosophers love Aristotle so much?

Same reason Christians did: It was far, far, far superior to anything they could come up with by themselves, so they stole it and pretended it was their all along.

test

>I'm a logic guy!
>until skydaddy says otherwise

Because greeks were christians.

Because in reading and translating Aristotle, they learned a million times more than they already knew, which was precious little.

>dude

no

Don't be childish.

>t. butthurt arab diaspora living on welfare in europe

t. butthurt Iranian diaspora doing the same

not arab, not even muslim but We can't have a thread without you fags runining it

not saying arab posters are pefect but a) you outnumber them b) you are far more annoying, as you derail almost every fucking thread

I'm sure there are obnoxious arab posters but I have never seen one derailing a thread about sassanids or achamenids.

>not even arab
Yeah right
>you outnumber them
There are almost 13 million Arabs in Europe and over 4.4 million in North America. There is at most 2 million Iranians in the US, I don't think you are in any position to talk about the Iranian diaspora outnumbering Arab diaspora.

>I have never seen one derailing a thread abut sassanids or achamenids
Then you are lying.

Why are you so autistic? I'm not even that guy and I just browse Veeky Forums from time to time but his observations are correct from what I've seen. What does the amount of Arabs matter? He was obviously talking about the ones that browse Veeky Forums.

Why are you so autistic? I'm not even that guy and I just browse Veeky Forums to bust liars when I encounter them.

>his
You mean (You)rs.

>2825270
>bust liars
Ok dude
>(You)s
Yeah I realize that's obviously the only reason you're here.

Its not working. But I like how I was the newest IP/unique poster in the thread after (You)r post. Try harder, retard.

>2825293
Fucking kek

>2825311

Thanks for proving my point further, Azim.

>2825330
>If you call out my shitposting and don't give me (You)s you're butthurt
ok lad

>So ass-pained you wait almost three hours later to reply again
Okay buddy.

>2826037
>being glued to the screen
If anything that's what is laughable here.

Why are you so mad?

>2826056
Why do you assume I am?

Because you are, Ackmed.

>2826083
But I'm not Ali reza

Sure thing dude. I'm done here since you've repeatedly ad naseum proven you are retarded over and over, Hussein.

>2826096
Ok my dude, whatever you say :^)