Is he the greatest diplomat in history?

Is he the greatest diplomat in history?

The guy single-handedly destroyed the Soviet Union using his diplomatic skills, so yes

Nope

>isolates France

>The guy single-handedly destroyed the Soviet Union using his diplomatic skills
He was United States Secretary of State September 22, 1973 – January 20, 1977.
How is it connected to the end of Cold War?
Also he lost Vietnam War and his politics made China into the greatest rival of USA in the 21st century.

>China
Kissinger got China to not alley with the USSR, a move that would have been diasterous for the entire world (especially given Mao's entire reason for wanting nuclear weapons), and that's a success.

The fact that Deng Xiaoping and a cadre of intelligent technocrats took China and made it more that a 3rd world shithole isn't Kissinger's fault.

why does this guy get so much shit? He sounds like an exceptional man of history

Soviet-Chinese relationships were already bad before Kissinger. And China didn't play big role in world politic at that time.

USA moved part of own industry to China and opened the market for Chinese gods. Was it Kissinger's agreement or it was after him?

I will never understand why Americans hate Kissinger

Anti Semitism

Try reading up on him you dumb cucks. There are legitimate reasons to hate on him, but there's also plenty of reasons to admire him. He was very skilled, but otoh did not care too much for ethics.

Hippies who think that human rights should be the sole determiner of our foreign policy. Coincidentally, they tend to downplay the human rights atrocities committed by communists.

>ethics
>diplomacy

>when you live long enough to see yourself become a villain

I dont think its that simple, people who seem to hate him hate him for all kinds of shit, vietnam...idk since Idk much about kissinger

>Is he the greatest dipshit in history?

FTFY

>the communists are evil
>that's why we have to be evil, to stop them being evil

gr8 logic m8 i r8 it an 8

We had to be "evil" not because commies were also "evil", but because being "evil" benefited the United States by helping it to maximize its power and to dominate the international system. That's the whole point of political realism in international relations: the goal of foreign policy should be maximization of power and security, whether or not the means used to achieve this end are "moral" is irrelevant

Kissinger was involved in Vietnam?

underrated

he was the architect of escalating the Vietnam war under Nixon

A story, if you will allow me.

A liberal, secularist and sodomite Carbonari lawyer, professor, and man of letters was teaching a class on Giuseppe Mazzini, known nationalist.

“Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Mazzini and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known; greater, even, than Jesus Christ!”

At this moment, a brave, loyal, conservative grenadier champion who had served in 1500 campaigns and who understood the necessity of war and thus fully supported all military decision made by the Austrian Empire stood up and held up a map.

"Who lives here?"

The arrogant professor proceeded to smirk quite atheistically and smugly replied, "Why the Italian people, inheritors of a strong national tradition, you simpleminded fop!"

“Wrong, for Italy is a geographic expression.. If the existence of a Italian people, as you say, is real… then should this land not, by now, be a state?”

The professor, now thoroughly and visibly shaken, dropped his chalk and copy of I promessi sposi. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal nationalist crocodile tears.

The students, filled with raptured, applauded and all joined the secret police that day and accepted conservatism. An eagle named “Natural Order” flew into the room and perched atop the Austrian Flag as it shed a tear. Gott erhalte Franz den Kaiser was sang several times, and God himself showed up and restored balance among the Great Powers.

The professor was thus fired and sent to prison. For his wickedness he was beaten daily and fed the meagrest of meals, expiring as a cholera outbreak swept through the fortress whereupon, judged by God, he was cast into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Fiat iustitia, et pereat mundus

by hating someone that seems "evil" we make ourselves look good. i love the guy for doing his duty the best way he could for his nation.

>ethics
>war
>the survival of the state

Because he is more European in his diplomacy (that's why he is the best), and Americans don't really go for the treditional balance of power.

You really think that hippies are not just proto-communists?