youtube.com/watch?v=JTEFKFiXSx4
youtube.com/watch?v=feu2owd0MsY
youtube.com/watch?v=erXhcAfomJM
youtube.com/watch?v=muazDaCm6vE
youtube.com/watch?v=RDN7OKRLMUk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Being daft is quite common amongst humans

internet autism has two concrete symptoms that apply to most all cases:

1. hatred of anything that requires imagination and intuition, which is why they're all NEETs

and

2. the belief that being depressive and anti-social are signs of intelligence rather than symptoms of brain damage

intelligent people dont brag about how smart they are on the internet except to troll pseud brainlet aspies

This.Also the people who claim to dislike music probably just listen to mongoloid kpoop

>some people will live their entire lives without listening to Beethoven's music
>they won't even know what music is (was) capable of
>they will live their entire lives thinking that music is some sound that is played in the background at parties
>they will never know what they missed

Music is the lowliest of art forms

And weeb music.

>he hasn't listened to the cantatas of Bach, the madrigals of Gesualdo or the sonatas of Beethoven

@2825498
Turbo pleb. No (You) for you.

lol

All the physicists I know love music more then life plus most philosophers love music unless they're neets like Kant

Music is the only good art form besides paintings

>what is architecture

>what is [my favourite art form]

because it doesn't really do anything to the world at large

>b-but muh rock
counter-culture was brought by the drugs and sex rather than the music (rock came as a result)

t.pseud

When your post can counter your own argument you know you've got a shitty argument.

though don't think I'm bullying music alone

all art is worthless (except maybe architecture for "you kinda need to have a house" reasons).

Yeah but architecture is objectivly the greatest thing ever regardless if it's art or not

Na rock very much started the decadence into drugs I think lsd market went up like 400% in 1967 after the release of the Sgt. Peppers

Nice hot take faggot

That's more for utility than art.

>utility
A skyscraper is for utility. These are massive extravagant Churches built for aesthetic reasons.

Because the people on this board don't know what they want

One point for music then I guess, the world is good as it is. Also, "rock" isn't music/art.

He's denying the fact that 70s funk and other rock movements did play a huge vital role in shaping the society of american culture (and world culture) but not in a good way

Truly I pity them, but they might not even be able to comprehend it.
Music is the only art that makes life worth living.

>mfw the tweets real

Looks Slavic

"Architecture is frozen music."
-Goethe

But they don't? They jack off to classical music and how they're above plebs listening to popular shit like quite a lot of people ITT.

Classical is technically popular I guess he's saying all music there are some philosophers who hate all art ecpecially music.Those people will always be more pedantic and insufferable then people who listen to exclusively classical

>listening to anything other than classical
Ok pleb

>there are some philosophers who hate all art ecpecially music

Because music in ancient times was often associated with depraved behavior. Granted, when they said music, they didn't mean a hymn, or a dirge, or anything of that kind. They meant party music that you would hear from bards and so on.

And if you want to get a sense of why philosophers hated fiction and music like that, read Augustine. He gives a very good explanation. He talks about how he would ignore his realm problems and go watch plays as a kid. These would absolve him of his unresolved real life emotions, and make him feel better, even though nothing was solved.

Basically, they thought this was a cowardly way to hide away from your real problems. And then Christianity came along and it seemed doubly irreverent, because people were trying to create things in the same way as God does. There's a reason fiction took so long to take off, and why the novel is such a recent invention.

For the record, not everyone thought this way. Aristotle, for example, saw plays and any kind of artistic enterprise as a good thing, done within moderation. I mean the guy even wrote a how-to on screenwriting, so...

>the world has advanced beyond anyone's reckoning but only music from 300 years ago is good

>being this much of a delusional faggot

Of course with classical I mean what is commonly known as such so romanticism, baroque, etc are also included

>not listening to fractol chord glistened Austrian throat humming with automatic synth wave progression finely tuned with symphonic fuck choir
Step away plëb and into the lake of fire you go!

Shut the fuck I am superior to you and everybody on this board including this fag , show some respect you worthless tadpole

Fuck off mongoloid the only thing you even resemble equality to is an outcasted plankton waiting to be eaten by something too fierce for your comprehension

Kyself

Im pretty sure funneling paint into your colon and then shitting it out onto a canvas is worse.

Classical music didn't stop 300 years ago you know...

Try listening to Terry Riley, you might like it.

>tfw you find out plebersins hate Germans on this board

Orchestral doesn't mean classical.

Are there any pieces of music for deaf people?

youtube.com/watch?v=JTEFKFiXSx4

>the world has advanced beyond anyone's reckoning but only music from 300 years ago is good
As Sprengler said: Western culture peaked int the end of the 18th century.
Technological progress will still continue, but as people are coming more and more stupid, it will stall too.

Music is sinful and listening to it should be a criminal offence

omg why

Music distracts you from God

Bach's music makes you think about God, and no major institution denies it
What about that?
What about hymns and masses? Music can be ridicolously religious.

>visit Morocco in Christmas
>discover that due to the Islamic influence music is regarded as an inferior art by everyone in North Africa and the Middle East

>tfw Mohammed was probably surrounded by hack party musicians who only played music for drunk people
>tfw had Mohammed listened to a highly geometrical, analytical and contemplative composer such as Bach we would know also have another millenary music tradition

>tfw of all prople Luther (that vulgar peasant) was the best thing happened to music in history

Eh.

t. Ajatollah Chomeini

The right kind of music elevates you to God. Listen to orthodox chant or Bach's cantatas. He'll even Bach's purely instrumental works direct you to the divine.

no they direct you to bach noone else

Don't go raping everything you see in France Mehmet.

All Baroque and Renaissance music has that aim, you fucktard.
Go listen to Palestrina, Gesualdo and Monteverdi.

Mediocre and ordinary people see mediocrity in everything.

>Gesualdo
Fucking incredible music

>people falling for this bait

>what are orthodox chants
youtube.com/watch?v=feu2owd0MsY

Listen to new order

Ahh yes, the enlightened 18th century serf, truly a paragon of cognition.

an inferior form of choral music

youtube.com/watch?v=erXhcAfomJM

Probably because the majority of music nowadays is legit trash.

I mean not everyone can be moved or touched by the trash messages that today's popular music attempts to convey. I mean today's music is targeted at kids and adults who think like kids. Which isn't that surprising, I mean I have my personal escapes that I desire. I still like video games etc etc.

>L€ EBYN RONG GENRATION MAYMAY

>the majority of music nowadays is trash
>nowadays
SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME

Speglers a hack

I fucking hate Queen. Freddy had a bretty gud voice tho.

>LE LOOKING FOR AN EXCUSE TO GREEN TEXT ANYTHING BECAUSE I NEED TO CRITICIZE SOMETHING TO VALIDATE MY EXISTENCE MEE MEE

Lol stfu you aspiring life timer of green texting

I was born in a alleged good era of music, only it was only good in relation to the shit you guys were born into. Everything nowadays for the most part sounds like it was inspired by either codeine consumption, or diva glamour.

They listen to bassy music with their subwoofers on max volume to feel the vibrations. Alternatively if they have hearing aids they listen to normal music.

t. Went to college at a school with a large deaf population

>t.westerner

It's almost like Volga River Boatmen was a folk song and intentionally monotonous so people could sing as they work or something.

>£€ WRONG ĐENEREYŠAN pt. 2, don't thread on me

kek

>LARPing as an elderlyfag

Made me reply.

Fuck you

slavs aren't white you jew

cleary a sign of the degeneracy in quality of the 19th century music.

I mean not everyone can be moved or touched by the trash messages that 19th century's popular music attempts to convey. I mean 19th century's music is targeted at kids and adults who think like kids.

Everything 19th century for the most part sounds like it was inspired by either ergot consumption, or low nobility glamour.

You have successfully reached a level of memeing that I don't understand, congratulations life-timer.

>LE PRETEND TO KNOW WHO'S ON THE OTHER END TO SAVE FACE MAN

XD!!111!

I may not be the best memer, but I know the ropes kiddos

Just fresh outta reddit arn't ya

>slavs aren't white
Divide et impera

I know it sucks but Slavs are white

oh right, it's a music thread... here's some degenerate modern (((music)))

youtube.com/watch?v=muazDaCm6vE

don't you impose your patriarchal ethnicities on me!

>LE ACCUSE THE POSTER OF BEING FROM REDDIT

Lol user, just stop. Pls bby. For both'a us.

;)

This has never been considered popular music though, has it? A hidden gem will always be a hidden gem user. With that said, not sure if I'll listen to that ever again lol...it's not bad, just doesn't move me all that much.

But yeah, everything from today's Hip Hop to rock to pop music in general has gotten even more pointless in terms of lyrical content. But this shit goes in cycles it looks like. Disco was pointless, 80's pop was pointless, 90's was depressing but had some attempts at conveying a thoughtful message, 00's was the my person introduction into the codeine music, where some brain dead choice of chorus was repeated over and over, 10's+ this actually grew to dominate everything, not just Hip Hop, so now everything sounds codeine influenced.....Probably because it's the easiest music to make as it's drugged out, thoughtless message, really takes little to no effort of thought to produce.

Honestly, today's general foundation resembles disco and 80's pop imho. You had the hot pink and florescent colors artists would attempt to utilize in their image just a few years ago, along with their attempt to reintroduce 80's pop lyrical content, which is message-less....you had Bieber clones all over youtube for a minute, because youth exploitation sells like crack.

But yeah that's not to say there won't be hidden gems. It's just their buried in more bullshit as compared to my perceivable past.

>2017
>hating Germans

pfft, you silly sack of misery, there has never been more music produced and never in a more free and monetary independent manner.In absolute numbers, we're at an all highe regarding quality music created and it's only getting better.

Your being a plëbe doesn't excuse you of anything DX::D.dd.DDDD:D

>we're at an all highe regarding quality music created and it's only getting better.
Lol what

Imagine you have a few dozen composers, all having a go in a city of size, some relying on their merit and some merely on their connections to the local bishop or major who can actually fund their music.

Now imagine every single kid with a laptop being able to create productionally qualitative music.
Even if only 1% is not shit, it's still thousands upon thousands of dirty little shits making some nice sound.

I don't doubt that at all user, calm those titties bro.

I'm saying, relative to OP's question and the fact popular music is usually harder pushed and has more financial backing for marketing than independent gem's...there's more perceivable trash right now. Which is probably why OP sees more people who don't appreciate music that much.

Good music is like good anything though, you really have to dig for it. Which now that I think about it, could mean music is better now given the age of information we're in. But yeah I was speaking of marketed music that is more often pushed today. There's more garbage than not. Again though, stupid shit sells more. Like I said, I can't shake video games.

Except in reality it's the other way around. The quality of the recording and reproduction of today is better, that's about it.

Granted that if all these kids with laptops had the same musical training as Bach and Beethoven, then yes, it would be interesting. But they're just musical illiterates playing with sounds.

Due to the nature of public schooling and state funded art, the number of funded, university schooled composers has only increased.

But of course, it's (((modern degeneracy))) to plœbs

youtube.com/watch?v=RDN7OKRLMUk

That's literally a guy playing violin in a classical style while two people talk.

I think music is more greatly influenced by the imagery you're surrounded with as opposed to the type of training. Like in our current society, if you expect another Bethoven, I think it would probably come from an individual who would be classified as a recluse. Someone who can get their influence as naturally as possible. As opposed to letting the aura of consumerism and arrogance influence the motivation to create music.

Young musicians of today imo are just flooded with garbage imagery, which ultimately dictates what they're going to produce.

At the same time, I really can't stand the Nirvana types, that make music with the sole purpose of condemning pop, like that's the message, just a track dedicated to condemning everything popular...in an attempt to be popular lol.

Anyway, music is fucking strange if you think about it. I can say I hate depressing music, because I do, but if I hear a depressing song while in a down mood, I can enjoy it. The power of music.

This is a sad vision, user.

It's a section from an opera by a very acclaimed modernist composer, you dirty plэbe.