Feather fags BTFO

Feather fags BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=CehqV3lfayA&feature=youtu.be

Other urls found in this thread:

science.sciencemag.org/content/344/6189/1268
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>one dinosaur from one lineage represents all dinos and dino friends from all lineages

The "feathers" were always just skin flaps. But evolutionists are so fucking retarded they think T-Rex turned into a chicken.

Is this bait?

Maybe I'm an ignorant, but that is the first time I see an actual preserved dinosaur skin with all the scales and stuff. That is marvelous !

Thats an armor plated lizard

Nobody thinks that armor plated dinosaurs had feathers
They have been found before, just not of this specific kind. So kind of clickbaitish because you get the impression its the ultimate fossil. Still a remarkable find tho

>says the featherfag

Nobody has ever thought that Thyreophora was feathered.

No they don't.

They know that a specific lineage of one family of dinosaurs eventually evolved into birds. T-rex was not in that family.

There are other extant samples of fossilized dinosaur skin, but this one is probably among the best preserved on a larger scale, because, like, it's half a freakin' dinosaur.

Reminder that feathered dinosaurs are a purely reddit invention, and all featherfags should therefore gb2/reddit/

Nope

Daily reminder fossils are put in the ground by God to test our faith

Closer look

>all these science deniers
I shouldn't expect more from Veeky Forums - shitposting about jesus

>I don't know what Ornithoscelida are

but that is a non avian-dinosaur

OP you are really dumb that isn't even a saurischian.

So can someone give me a >QUICK RUNDOWN on dinosaur feathers? I work as a guide in a dinosaur museum and at somr point an autist like OP will come along and start screeching.

A number of more developed theropod dinosaurs (related to raptors and Tyrannosaurs) had true feathers, though there's some evidence that earlier dinosaurs and some every early relatives of Triceratops had proto-feathers.

Why would God give us reason and then punish us for using it? Isn't that the kind of thing Satan does?

>science deniers on an anonymous north african rap opera forum
really boils my noodles

There's the raptor type (bird descendant) and the slow mammal type (the herbivores)

Raptors evolved feathers. The giant mammal-like didn't.

>A number of more developed theropod dinosaurs (related to raptors and Tyrannosaurs)
Coelurosaurs or further up the tree?
>some evidence that earlier dinosaurs and some every early relatives of Triceratops had proto-feathers.
Very interesting.

>Implying a heavily armored herbivore would need feathers to begin with
>Implying all dinosaurs had feathers or all did not
>implying this is not bait

A lot higher up the tree, though if Protoceratops had might've had proto-feathers, then there's the chance coelurosaurs had them as well.
But as a rule of thumb, anything more advanced than an Allosaur was likely feathered, at least while young.

Yes. Dinosaurs did not have feathers. Feathers are an invention of the last 20 years made to feminize the previously masculine domain of dinosaurs because (((academics))) are never happy unless they've sufficiently pozzed anything and everything they set their eyes on.

Why do people dislike that the T-Rex is now a chicken so much? It's like they haven't watched chickens rat hunt. They were domesticated and bred to be friendly over thousands of years like the cow.

bump

Fucking cool.

You can see the indentation behind the head where the human rider would sit.

Okay Yor.

Post amazing fossils.

BRUH...

Is that real? That's a fucking dragon, m8...

BRUH

BRUH WTF

Thats one of those short manlets crock dinosaurs, not a proper two feet running raptor bird dinosaur.

how about you show me how big that dinosaur was. i doubt it was 20 feet tall

>They know

kek

By observation?

And a Komodo dragon is 100% a dinosaur.

Wow, it's almost as if dinosaurs and birds were created in the same 6 days.

See? Idiots think T-Rex turned into chickens.

>muh unfalsifiable Tree of Life.

See? Another idiot who thinks T-Rex turned into a chicken.

You just can't write this shit!

Wow, look at all the feathers in the mouth.

Some higher res images.

Well you have to consider that mammals and avians both have reptile ancestry. Scales are actually pretty adaptable, they turned into feathers in avians, and into hairs on mammals. From a biological standpoint the only difference between them (since they are the same kind of cell) is their form and function.

It is possible to reverse engineer mammal hair cells to produce scales, etc.

Looks like a dragon

Stop trying to bait. This thread has already been on Veeky Forums /an/ and /co/.

feathers make for good insulation, dinosaurs were cold blooded

do the math

NOT DINOSAUR

THAT IS A GODDAMNED UPLAND MOA THAT LIVED THREE THOUSAND YEARS AGO

Hair evolved from sensory hairs, not scales

It's the therapods who are supposed to be feathered, not the normal dinos

There's no evidence Trexes had feathers

Fantastic !

What is meant by this is that they all come from keratin deposits in epithelial cells.

>birds
>not dinosaurs

This is the most retarded thing I read on Veeky Forums today, and that's saying something.

The fossil was found in a former river bed. Meaning, the poor fella's body landed in a river and hanged out there for a while until it got buried by sediments carried by the water.

A river. Think about it. If the creature had any feathers, they got torn away by currents. A few years ago the Internets were flooded by a spam about the 'Montauk Monster' that got washed away somewhere in the state of New York. It was bald as fuck and looked like no living creature, so some retards immediately jumped to a conclusion that it's an 'alien'. It turned out to be just a dead racoon, its fur and chunks of body torn away by water currents.

>If it's not 20 feet tall, it's not a dinosaur

Kill yourself

If we found a mosquito in here could we create jurassic park?

My grandfather unironically believed that.

Half of 'Murica still does.

>dinosaurs were cold blooded
Are you sure?
science.sciencemag.org/content/344/6189/1268

Also feathers can be used for other things besides insulation

>dinosaur museum
M E X I C O
E
X
I
C
O

> a 2004 T-Rex specimen was found to have fossilized scales

>this triggers scalies

>They have been found before, just not of this specific kind.
This is a mummified dinosaur whose entire body was turned into a fossil. This is not merely an intact skeleton.

When else has this been found?

i believe a hadrosaur was discovered with its skin scales and even vital organ's fossilized

> /pol/ tier bait right here.

I read somewhere that DNA decays after a long time. Trapped or not, the information would be gone.

>information would be gone.
No. It is in the chicken

This thread reminded me that I need to go feed my chickens.

>you were born too soon to eat burgers with trex meat.

Jurassic park can't happen soon enough.

This is my favorite feathered T-Rex image.

if T-rex did have feathers id image this would probably be close. Deviantart artists over exaggerated them far too much

WE WUZ DINASAURS AN SHIEEEEEEET

Genuinely spooked me

>nearly 3,000 pounds

what are they smoking? It's an 18 foot-long, armored animal. Large breeds of horses can be 2,000 pounds. How the fuck is this thing only 3,000?

There isn't any direct evidence that T-rex had feathers, as in we don't have any feather preservation from a T-rex, but there's a lot of evidence pointing to it. The common ancestor to all theropods is known to have had feathers, so the assumption is that all theropods have at least some feathers until proven otherwise, and it can't really be proven otherwise without the extremely unlikely event of discovering a near fully preserved specimen,.

This sounds silly and unscientific until you put some thought into it. Paleontology is inherently a guessing game in some aspects, because we will never have the full picture of what these animals were like or how they were related. But you can make educated guesses or you can make guesses that run contrary to all the evidence. For example, it's common to find dinosaur fossils of only a few bones, sometimes only even one. Does that mean we should assume that this animal was made up of only a few bones? Of course not. We compare the bones we found to other dinosaur bones to find its closest relative, and then use what we know about its closest relative to extrapolate what it probably looked like. In the case of T-rex, we've never found a complete skin covering showing an absence of feathers, so we must assume that it had feathers since its closest relatives, like Yutyrannus, all did. Now, we do know that T-rex wasn't entirely covered in feathers because we've found scale impressions from it, but that doesn't mean it had no feathers at all. After all, many dinosaurs, including modern ones and Yutyrannus, are known to have both scales and feathers.

Yo what the fuck am I looking at