Reminder that the Allies bombed various arqueologic sites dating back to ancient Rome because they thought they were...

Reminder that the Allies bombed various arqueologic sites dating back to ancient Rome because they thought they were military hideouts.

Pic related, a house in Pompeii before and after the Allies.

Not to mention all the monuments and churches.

That was in large part because the Axis intentionally hid military caches in them knowing it would cause an upset.

Is this supposed to make me hate the allies?
Is this supposed to make me """redpilled""" and realize the Nazis were amazing and were goodboys who dindu nuffin?

The first can happen without the second, you know?

Reminder that the local commander of the defense of the mountain was Fridolin von Senger and was a member of the same order as the monks and gave explicit orders to his men not to use it as an observation post and went out of his way to evacuate the priests and the countless priceless works back to the Vatican.

The Indians reported they saw German observers up there (Who were feldgendarmie men keeping watch of the sight and turning away German forces attempting to use the sight) and the USAAF went in and bombed the place.

As a result, Senger no longer had any excuse not to use it and fortified the ruins, making the defense of that mountain eve more bloodier then it had to be for the Allies.

>boohoo, some antique shit got bombed during the world war
>dontgiveafuck.jpg

>stemfags are cold and emotionless
>who cares if millions died when a few rocks got blown up?

American military planning strikes again

wtf I love Hitler now!

I bet you think ISIS blowing up Palmyra is neglectable.

Reminder

second guessing sure is easy

The germans were the ones who wanted total war, faggot. They got it.

World War vs some terrorists destroying shit just because. Totally the same.

Kinda makes you think who were the bad guys desu

Yeah, i think it might still be the guys who annexed most of europe

Based on that story, the Indians

Senger literally permitted several of his officers to contact allied command in order move his truckloads of artifacts and priests to safety and inform them that the structure held no military value to either side.

The Allied forces were willing to spare the trucks, but the abbey as hit despite repeated pleas not to attack it.

After the war, the officers in charge of moving the artifacts were charged with looting. The Vatican stepped in on their behalf.

I think it was those guys genociding people and invading other people's clays.

they don't do it just because. they do it because of propaganda, money and prophesy, dumb reasons but not just because.

The allies?

Talk shit get hit.

Allies did nothing wrong.

those Italian ruins had it coming, Germany btfo!

>Talk shit get hit.

>bombing the ancient sites of a people who had surrendered months prior and now are on your side, with the rest of the country occupied.

"DURRR TALK SHIT GET HIT."