Stop thinking that an individual can have an impact on history

Stop thinking that an individual can have an impact on history.

Sad!

you're kidding right? Isaac Newton, Leonard Euler, Michael Faraday, Albert Einstein, Alexander the Great?????? Julius Caesar, Napoleon Bonaparte, Otto von Bismark, Adolf Hitler...... Too many to name

WAIT FOR IT

I hate him but I don't think that way

>scientists
would have been discovered a little later
>leaders
someone else would have filled the same niche

This

>would have been discovered a little later
>someone else would have filled the same niche

Of course, but the delay could have a major impact. Imagine that there's a delay in Japan westernizing, China might have been able to catch up a bit, leading to a completely different Pacific WW2, and a completely different world today. Maybe China would have never been communist, maybe no Korean War, no Vietnam, and so on.

>Alexander the """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" Great """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

?

There is a trend among retards to think that Alexander wasn't great. That he was a drunk imbecile that won only due to the skill of his generals combined with the downtrodden state of Persia, and that he wanted to inflict his arbitrary whims on the world as a tyrant.

Like I said, retards.

THE

why is he so perfect Veeky Forums

Does this mean that Mongol individuals can influence history?

>someone else will do it

Fucking pathetuc

Alexander the "Great"? Um sorry sweetie, let's try to remember that he wasn't so "great" for the people his army killed and he was also sexist.

Worst bait in a long time.

Why is Marxist historical revisionism so popular with the kids these days

more like alexander the not-so-great

Name 1 (one) facet of historical revisionism that is inherently marxist.

Is genghis khan the exception?

there's that erroneous sense of destiny again, thinking somethings were "just meant to be"

His history videos were like 3 years ago, let it go.

Because Feminism and Critical Theory are derivatives of Marxism, and they are the academic flavour of the generation for the millennial left

Just because it has Marx on it doesn't mean it is wrong, much of Marx's work is comparable to Max Weber and he actually was a pioneer of important theories.
I can already sense the SEETHING boilling up.

Hey, never said it was right or wrong. I just reckon it's why marxist historical revisionism so popular with the kids these days

It's only Marxist if you consider all post modern thought Marxist, a contamination fallacy

It seeks to deprive people of their cultures and detach individuals from a history of their people.

In other words, create nationless, cultureless worker drones.

But with different outcome. Ergo there was an individual with real impact.

A ''little'' can do a lot. Einstein was instrumental in the development of particle physics. Do that a little later and you do not have a bomb ready by july '46. Ergo there was an individual with real impact

>Stop thinking there are individuals without an impact on history
FTFY

Alexander the Marginalising of Women

Duh that's why you organize interconnected syndicates to work for change collectively.

1.Premise: man cannot shape history
2a. Following: man are completly shaped by environment and upbringing
2b: Following: man have no free will
3. Following: early civilisations were misguided or unenlightened
4. ???
4. Conclusion: the state must guide and teach all humans to be enlightened progressive atheists, because men cannot shape history or think for themselves

"Man cannot shape history" is a necessary premise so that all goodboy citizens leave everything to the state and not try to do something for themselves. Shitty marxist "logic"

The impact Marx and Hegel had on critical theory is undeniable.

Burn enough books, and it is possible to impact 1000's of years of history, singlehandedly, like it never happened.

There is nothing wrong with separating messy, cultural concepts such as race from the objective, scientific study of history. For the later half of your post, if your race is so great, why do you need to exemplify a few individuals that were born into it?

>God creates man
>man creates strawmen
>strawmen kill man

What?

The filename made me giggle tbqh

He died of tuberculosis in prison
Sad

I hate that cuck nu male faggot so much

What about Gavrilo princip?

>The term "The great" is sexist because only men are called the great!
>Well.. Except for Catherine the Great, but she doesn't count because people say mean things about her >:(

Seriously fuck this guy so much. What about Justinian the great? The man has an entire book written about him how much of a piece of shit he was.

that's right goy, individuals cannot change anything, they cannot make an impact. don't take inspiration from historical figures, they were all racist and sexist anyway, it was the unnamed masses who caused everything. don't strive for greatness goy

That's right David, groups who practiced democracy are a whole lot better than atrocious kingheads.

Except Genghis Khan of course.

Cheerios

They were, things have been preordained by God or the Universe if you're atheist.

By another person, probably. We'd just remember Schicklgruber instead of Faraday.

Again, we'd just remember Karl Rabe instead of Adolf Hitler.

It is groups that change history. At the same time it is individuals. You might have dedicated, talented and numerous people, but no group can effectively wok without some leadership, especially great leaders who happen to have traits, resources and contact networks that benefit. Plus taking huge risks, just think about all the times people have been pitched against stupid odds and got on top, just so happened they actually did it by random or by having a card in their hand that gained an edge over the other guys.

Jesus Christ, I can read this in his nasally dumb faggot sounding voice.

That's because you naturally have a nasally, dumb, faggot sounding voice.

T. John Green

AND I WAS DOING JUST FINE

I agree.

>race
>cultural difference
I'm not a /pol/tard but you have to be retarded if you don't think there's a genotypical difference between races. Lots of races have higher rates of different diseases because we express different genes.

Alcibiades' double exile is literally the reason Sparta was able to beat Athens into obscurity which had a huge ripple through Greek history.

Yes, Genghis Khan is literally the only important person ever.

But how different would the world be today if America had decided to invade Japan conventionally instead of nuking them?

For what, exactly? Obviously he was incredible at what he did, but most important person ever?

Free will

Shut the fuck up.

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSS

his generals didn't do much good after he was gone, if one had been superior to Alexander before, he would have rebelled earier on

So if Alexander had died as a child, there would have been another greek military mastermind in the same time period who would have invaded the Persian empire and died before invading Arabia?

>difference of genes
Of course, still we south-americans are superior to europeans.

Yes, exactly! Just like if Napolean had never come to power, some other amazing military commander would have taken his place and led France to conquer most of Europe. Or how if George Washington had never become the first constitutional American president, the office would have been shaped in the exact same way regardless. Because reasons.

You mean like how if Barbarossa hadn't drowned in Saleph, some other river would have taken its place?