*Kills 10,000,000 people*

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.it/books?id=IuPjmBB-gmsC&pg=PA31&dq="The baskets of severed hands"&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q="The baskets of severed hands"&f=false
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He literally didn't do anything wrong. He brought along western values to an uncivilized people who had accomplished nothing before he came. He built infrastructure, the Africans were way better off when he came.

Yeah he taught them how to organize poorly discipline militia, institute slavery and then he dealt with there over population problem. and all they had to give back was millions of dollars in resources.

Serious question but why isn't Leopold as famous as someone like Pol Pot despite killing a lot more

Don't really know. It's kind of one of those forgotten atrocities.

spreading post-enlightenment thought, government and societal structure around the world is not a good thing

would you fuck him Veeky Forums?

No one cares about Africa, no one cares about Belgium, and it happened more than 100 years ago.

his successor was a total bro

>western values
>in congo

Leopold's band of psychopaths who ransacked the Congo remind me of the band of psychopaths in Blood Meridian. People who get paid to kill people are dirtbags.

This, and Pol Pot belonged to a more relevant ideology.

>He brought along western values to an uncivilized people

You mean teaching the locals that to pay their debt of hands, they can raid the neighboring tribe and cut off their hands?

you could say he was giving them a hand

things got out of hand

>africans rebel, send ammo for the soldiers to kill them
>turns out soldiers waste ammo to hunt animals instead
>to ensure they don't waste your money on hunting, require that for every ammo given to a soldier he returns with a hand
>thus proving that he shot a man and not an animal
>soldiers start taking random people's hands and hunting with the ammo, king will never know lel
>villagers start raiding other tribes to get their hands, so that when the belgian soldiers show up they don't have to cut theirs
>human hands becomes a currency in the army and among the locals

Western civilization is so nice, I wish it came earlier to cure us of our savagery.

Clearly didn't work. Africa is a nest of violence still.

Hehe.. yeah.

Pol Pot was so retarded and intentionally backwards, its a wonder no one assassinated him. The things he did were so fucking stupid, even he could see they were not working, and yet he just powered on, undeterred by the fact that millions of his own people were dying directly by his own hand. If there is a hell, I hope he is burning in the mouth of Satan.
Also, who gives about a shit about niggers in a jungle with no written history or recorded culture?

*carves into your arm*

Who comfy here ?

very underhanded

This. Colonialism and attempts to uplift the colonies were terrible ideas that we're paying for today.

>goddamnilovebeingwhite.jpg

I prefer being uncivilized and having my hand attached to my arm. Why couldn't he just bring those values without committing all those atrocities since he was so civilized?

Is this 'WHITEY FEEL GUILTY' thread?

Feel lucky niggers, that whites were motivated by short-sighted greed with their elites. If whites don't die out this century, and the only way they won't is if a nazi govt is achieved, the only colonialism we'll be doing is the exterminationist one. No more stupid labour exploitation for crapitalism.

>people

>have slaves
>cut their fucking hands off

what the fuck are you going to do with one-handed slaves?

see They didn't cut their hands just because, it was a policy to stop soldiers from using government paid ammo for hobby hunting.
It got out of hand.

People nowadays don't care about Cambodia either. I bet the average American can't point it out on a map.

They're like fuckin cartoon villains, holy shit

>negroid slaves
>people
What did you mean by this?
Define people.

>kills 10,000,000
>there are 2 billion of them today
Its like he knew something...

this is fucking hilarious

>Is this 'WHITEY FEEL GUILTY' thread?
I don't see anyone accusing whitey specifically that isn't an obvious joke.
>and the only way they won't is if a nazi govt is achieved,
I thought that was a meme

Unironic nazis exist, and they are indeed a meme.

What the fuck honestly.

Belgian Congo was King Leopold's personal amusement park of death. Even other colonial powers found it disgusting.

History is an odd thing, nobody bitches at us Italians for being the only jerks who used gas after WW2 on enemy combatants, and that's only because we knew they did not have them.
Also
>tell Society of Nations "We are totally going to Ethiopia to end slavery honest, perpetrate slavery by selling wives to italians
There was an interview to this guy who got his wife this way and found it hilarious, I wonder where his wife is now though.
Please tell me you are joking.

hardy har

Because Holocaust deniers. As soon as someone claims it's impossible to kill as many people in such short time, just direct them to Pol Pot and a bunch of retarded jungle commies having a better kills per day ratio than Hitler, and you'll fry their brain since they either have to accept that it's possible to kill as many people in such a short time or literally defend Pol Pot.

>"built infastructure"
Built all infastructure to facilitate stealing the natural resources of the land, didnt actually build infrastructure that benefitted the civilian populace. Literally a knoen fact about colonizing africa, everything was built to export the resources, not make life better for the locals.

He had german genetics.

>Please tell me you are joking.

?
Thats pretty much why the hand cutting started. Government said when you kill a rebel, you cut the corpse's hand to prove you weren't just hunting elephants with state owned bullets.
So the soldiers started cutting hands in advance, so they can go hunting in peace. And its obvious that you don't want your hand cut, so you go raid the other tribe to cut theirs. Hands obviously become a currency, anyone who wants to hunt will need to get a few hands to explain where the bullets went, and africans started trading hands for food, clothes, whatever the soldiers had.

Well that escalated quickly.

Belgian Congo was a fucking nightmare, user.

> If there is a hell, I hope he is burning in the mouth of Satan.
>Also, who gives about a shit about niggers in a jungle with no written history or recorded culture?

Cognitive dissonance at its best.

>people

Imagine being a young man and your dad waking you up to go kill your neighbors and take their hands. You say you don't want to, and he slaps you: "Do you want to cut of your sister's hands instead?". Its kill or be killed.

This. I'm tired of people talking about "LE WHITE BOOGEYMAN" coming in their to slaughter millions it's bullshit. They were trying to help them out

>If there is a hell, I hope he is burning in the mouth of Satan.
>Also, who gives about a shit about niggers in a jungle with no written history or recorded culture?

>Each village was ordered by the authorities to collect and bring in a certain amount of rubber, as much as the men could collect and bring in by neglecting all work for their own maintenance.

>If they failed to bring the required amount, their women were taken away and kept as hostages in compounds or in the harems of government employees.
If this method failed, native troops ... were sent into the village to spread terror, if necessary by killign some of the men; but in order to prevent a waste of cartridges, they were ordered to bring one right hand for every cartridge used.
If they missed, or used cartridges on big game, they cut off the hands of living people to make up the necessary number.

>For the historian Peter Forbath,
>The baskets of severed hands, set down at the feet of the European post commanders, became the symbol of the Congo Free State.
>The collection of hands became an end in itself. Force Publique soldiers brought them to the stations in place of rubber; they even went out to harvest them instead of rubber....They became a sort of currency. They came to be used to make up for shortfalls in rubber quotas, to replace ... the people who were demanded for the forced labour gangs; and the Force Publique soldiers were paid their bonuses on the basis of how many hands they collected[57]

books.google.it/books?id=IuPjmBB-gmsC&pg=PA31&dq="The baskets of severed hands"&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q="The baskets of severed hands"&f=false

>Léon Rom
HANDS? I thought you said HEADS.

What ideology?

I don't even like communists and have reason to defend them or it, but Pol Pot had nothing in the world related to the Communism.

>cuts your hand off
>laughs hysterically
>you're right user, my sides are in orbit

>africans decided to use hands as currency
gj

Because the whites started valuing hands.

>muh civilization
>muh Western values
Would you like if Africans imposed their values/civilization onto you?
I bet your answer is "NO"

>on Veeky Forums
>it happened x years ago, who cares? xD
Get out

Because we have good morals

>Because we have good morals
>we have good Morals
>we
>good
>morals
Yeah alright sure

It's true. Some might be corrupted by Judaic morality but Europeans have objectively the greatest morals in the world. It's a fact we are more compassionate.

Tell me,what flag are you sir?

>mfw civ5 lets me roleplay as Leopold II and colonize the Congo all over again

too bad there's no hand-cutting related special unit ability

>courtly dances that are finally choreographed whilst accompanied by instruments made from exotic animals
Vs
>jumping up and down to see how high your boobs can go whilst people beat on their pregnant stomachs

Why can't the civilized Euros just bring the so called western values without committing atrocities? Is that so hard?

>Not picking the boobs
cuck

>because muh whites
no, you decided you wanted to get ammo from the whites

you put tech above your own society; that's the fallibility of the individual, but certaintly pretending it was white people chopping hands off is lying to yourself

that "white people" were implicated and had bear part of the guilt isn't contentious, but to pretend that "black people" didn't commit the vast majority of the "hand" violence is another lie

i would agree that currency corrupts society

>Is this 'WHITEY FEEL GUILTY' thread?

No, but retards like you will turn it into one because you can't discuss a historical topic without devolving into a circlejerk of 2017 context political left-right shitflinging.

Sorry that I like order and clarity, I'm actually autistic

I haz burger !?!?

>no one stays behind in tech
>no plagues
>nothing to stop you settling en masse
>every civ exists at player start

>If there is a hell, I hope he is burning in the mouth of Satan.

A giant among philosophers.

No.
Mercenary soldiers needed ammo, and proved it with hands
Black plantation workers had to go back to plantations or give a hand

>unironically using GW ork skulls

Oh now it all makes sense

>nothing to stop you settling en masse

Settling en masse will bring your science and culture gains to a standstill, and quickly make your happiness go negative.

Pol Pot

>Non-white oriental Communist opposed to capitalism, industrialism and Western interests

Leopold

>White westerner and imperialist head-of-state

Gee, I fucking wonder which is a bigger threat to Western states.

well he does get extra hammers from plantations

>population of congo at 1960=~16,6m
So there were roughly 10m Congolese in the late 19th century. Are those 10,000,000 dead even remotely possible?
They would have needed to kill off 50% of the population or more to achieve this

>Pol Pot
Honestly, we never learned about him in school here in Germany. First time I heard about him was from that Dead Kennedys song.
>Leopold
He was mentioned, but there was no real focus on him because who cares about Belgium after all and I guess there were more important characters during the time... especially in Germany.

Destroying Europe is obviously more important than colonial Africa

Quite easy to do so.
The truly dangerous diseases are the ones that spread fast, not ill the quickest. You have to realize that it wasn't a burst but a sustained effect overtime that led to the deaths. A surefire concrete on the paper measure is never going to be found since Leopold burned all the papers

10 million is not a concrete number but no doubt it was massive % to be quite honest.

Its believed about half the population died yes, no one knows for sure what the population actually was though

But thats wrong.
White mercenaries wanted ammo from the white king.
White king says he only gives ammo in exchange of hands, since it proves the ammo is used for killing rebels and not animals.
Soldiers say we might as well cut hands in advance, then go hunting animals.
The hand based economy was created by whites in Kongo, and the blacks just participated.

He didn't do any of that you fucking retard.
Stop thinking all colonization is the same.
Unironic generalizations should be automatic bans.

>Built all infastructure to facilitate stealing the natural resources of the land
It wasn't going to be used by the locals any time soon. By soon I mean the next ten millenia.

Imagine manhandling this tiny 45kg boy and behind him backwards on a rail.

Imagine 20 congolese men doing that.

Then it would be a Conga line

They did similar things though. They just kept it hide it better because accounts didn't leak out.

No one else did it on anywhere near the same scale

Maybe but read up on the shit that happens in colonies and it's typical.

Oh I know, but scale man, scale. Thats the difference between atrocity and a historical footnote

Read about the Congo ocean railway and how labour worked in colonial Portuguese Africa.

You're right, lemme change that.

>Americans think he belonged to a more relevant ideology.