So hackers just stole at least another 150K ETH from people using parity-based wallets

so hackers just stole at least another 150K ETH from people using parity-based wallets

at least 377k was 'seized' by a white hat hacker group who will allegedly return those to their owners

how low will ETH fall once that 377K hits the market? how does it feel to 'have' those ETH now, knowing you'll be unable to sell it for the coming days, or maybe even weeks?

Other urls found in this thread:

etherscan.io/address/0x1dba1131000664b884a1ba238464159892252d3a#tokentxns
ethnews.com/massive-hack-hits-ethereum-parity-clients--more-than-30m-of-ether-still-at-large
etherchain.org/account/0x1dba1131000664b884a1ba238464159892252d3a
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=377105 eth in gold ounces
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

forgot to post white hat group's address, with the ETH that will be returned

etherscan.io/address/0x1dba1131000664b884a1ba238464159892252d3a#tokentxns

is myetherwallet parity based?

no
and it's only multi-sig wallets

so the white hats stole the coins before the bad guys could get there hands on them?

ya

also forgot source ethnews.com/massive-hack-hits-ethereum-parity-clients--more-than-30m-of-ether-still-at-large

but wait
>At the time of this writing, the White Hat Group also contained $80 million worth of other Ethereum-based tokens, though it is not clear if or how much of this total is related to this operation.

so tokens using the ETH chain were also affected by the hack, not just ETH itself?

>so tokens using the ETH chain were also affected by the hack, not just ETH itself

So nobody got any siurce on that because i only see ETH being affecred everywhere

Swarm city and edgeless lost their funds.

So is this good or bad? I'm confused.

And that's nor included in the $35m stolen ETH? What was their USD valuation

Dunno about edgeless but I think I read 22 million for Swarm.

>OP-faggot once again posting old news

From the POV of ETH? I don't see how it could be good for anyone. After the DAO hack ETH had a massive crash lasting a year. I personally just sold almost all of mine, don't want yo wait till the people who were 'saved' by the white hat group get their ETH back and many of them sell it for a crypto that can handle multi-sug oroperly

it was only an issue with parity though, not with eth itself - I guess if contract quality control was better this sort of shit would not happen... maybe a bit too much amateurism in the community in general - look at the coindash hack for example - I have a feeling that as crypto becomes more and more mainstream the overall quality/professionalism will increase as well - web development back in the early 2000s was pretty amateurish for example, much more professional now, people who know what they are doing are writing tests etc to make sure their stuff doesn't break too easily...

No, not only parity the vast majority of people were just affected through them. The bug was in the template published on ETH's github, which parity also used

Is myetherwallet safe?

Yes, they used parity in the past, but they never supportef multi signatures afaik

>the White Hat Group intends to return all the ETH to those affected
OP asks
>What will happen when all that ETH hits the market?

So I have to ask.

Is OP retarded? Can he read?

Safe from this particular hack, that is

Thanks

Get better reading comprehension then

Many of those people finally getting their ETH back will want out
But can't right now

oh i see ok

My wallet is empty all my tokens are gone.
Where can I contact the Ethereum helpdesk for my refund?
This is rediculous.

If you're lucky the white hat group got them and you're gonna get them back if you can somehow prove the those were yours

If you know your address, check the whitehat etherscan link posted earlier rhis thread and check if funds from your address were transferred there

>Where can I contact the Ethereum helpdesk for my refund?
>Ethereum helpdesk
mfw
maybe try mailing [email protected]?

Yes, because you hold tokens in a wallet much the same as you hold eth.

If you created your wallet using a specific version of parity, and opted for multisig (a security 'feature'), your wallet was and still is hackable, which includes all contents in it.

Anyone who used Parity to create their wallet probably should consider abandoning that wallet/ transferring all funds to a btw wallet using a different provider (mist, my ether wallet are both good options), since clearly the Parity team does not perform code reviews or security audits before implementing their product.

good thing all the smartest people are good guys and there is always a white hat hacker to save the day for eth who shows up just in time. There's no way it could be identity laundering

What is multisig? I created my wallet using parity and my miners are still mining towards that address.

Completely false. No truth to this. Don't let these fags put one over on you.

ohh
etherchain.org/account/0x1dba1131000664b884a1ba238464159892252d3a

fuck me who own this wolframalpha.com/input/?i=377105 eth in gold ounces