Can someone explain the recent Ethereum hack to an idiot?

Can someone explain the recent Ethereum hack to an idiot?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nzcGryAU1_M
pastebin.com/bwZy4k4e
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

plz help

ANS is hack proof so everybody sold their ETH and bought ANS

pajeets at parity fucked up with their wallet, nothing to with eth, thats it

there was a bug in the initwallet function that allowed anyone to become the owner of the wallet just buy calling this function.

to do*

Is it fixed now?

Jesus christ. I know nothing about coding, the only coding I ever did was a bit of JASS for WCIII maps and even to a noob like me that seems like a trivial as fuck exploit.

Its bad. Literally left a function public. And aparently this is in the default template. Eth is done.

>$220
>Eth is done

Pajeets? You mean one of the Ethereum founders? Why would you hide the truth like that?

>implying he actually does any coding at parity

Something about people with black hats have robbed the ETH facility in Ohio. White hat wearing guards tried to defend the coin, but they were too late. I think they stole around 100k.

Just FUD. Some vulnerability in some bullshit wallet noone uses. People trying to use that to justify "ETH is shit" when it has nothing to do with the larger project.

0hi0hat here.
89k n some change.
:^{|)

I am looking for the Ethereum helpdesk
Please help me all my money is gone.

KYS how can multi-million stolen from a wallet software that is no one use?

>download ETH extractor
>let it run for a few hours
>got 57 ETH
>the market price is now rising for some dumb reason
>I fiinally have a bit of luck in my life, lamboland here I come

ETH wasn't hacked, the parity team which runs probably the most popular wallet software (because it's fast) had a bug in one of their multisig contracts, which means it takes multiple people (signatures) to send a transaction. but they cocked up that one contract so bad apparently anyone could take the coins out. but then again, it went unnoticed until it was too late so it did take some skill to unearth.

that's the rub with smart contracts. if you write a shit contract, then the contract can get hacked. ETH is just the platform the contracts run on.

weev has a video on this.
youtube.com/watch?v=nzcGryAU1_M

What software.

Solidity is a shit language. That's something to do with eth.

DO YOU want it? Then Research it. FIND IT. It's literally a few pages away.

Its not.
pastebin.com/bwZy4k4e
I think one of the parity devs posted this to pastebin tho. THat GitHub link is not there anymore.

Bump you fag