Historical heroes

Who is the most dashing, fearless, manly, and heroic figure of history?
Any historical non-fiction Beowulfs or Hercules who are remembered in history for being the traditional idealized man that the ladies can't help but swoon for?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Marshal,_1st_Earl_of_Pembroke
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bertrand_du_Guesclin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Our lord and savior Jesus Christ

Conan

God fucking damn it never mind.

Read the OP again

>Any historical NON-FICTION

William Marshall

He did exist, just a long long time ago

>Amerishart """"education""""

Can't deny it

There is literally nothing wrong with Nick Land.

constantine paleologos died like a hero, and like a emperor should go.

Die with his kingdom fighting with his people side to side to the last man

Fucking awesome answers lads I shall get reading.

I always cry a little reading his last speach to the people of constantinople in the last roman day of the city

speech*

Bohemond of Antioch, hero of the first Crusade apparently got the Byzantine Emperor's teen daughter wet:

>Let me describe the barbarian's appearance more particularly – he was so tall in stature that he overtopped the tallest by nearly one cubit, narrow in the waist and loins, with broad shoulders and a deep chest and powerful arms. And in the whole build of the body he was neither too slender nor overweighted with flesh, but perfectly proportioned and, one might say, built in conformity with the canon of Polycleitus... His skin all over his body was very white, and in his face the white was tempered with red. His hair was yellowish, but did not hang down to his waist like that of the other barbarians; for the man was not inordinately vain of his hair, but had it cut short to the ears. Whether his beard was reddish, or any other colour I cannot say, for the razor had passed over it very closely and left a surface smoother than chalk... His blue eyes indicated both a high spirit and dignity; and his nose and nostrils breathed in the air freely; his chest corresponded to his nostrils and by his nostrils...the breadth of his chest. For by his nostrils nature had given free passage for the high spirit which bubbled up from his heart. A certain charm hung about this man but was partly marred by a general air of the horrible... He was so made in mind and body that both courage and passion reared their crests within him and both inclined to war. His wit was manifold and crafty and able to find a way of escape in every emergency. In conversation he was well informed, and the answers he gave were quite irrefutable. This man who was of such a size and such a character was inferior to the Emperor alone in fortune and eloquence and in other gifts of nature.

this guy was cool, not sure if ladies swooned for him though

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Marshal,_1st_Earl_of_Pembroke

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bertrand_du_Guesclin
That guy is literally what it means to be a knight

Lu Bu

Many have pursued him.

>Most noble leader, illustrious tribunes, generals, most courageous fellow soldiers and all loyal honest citizens! You know well that the hour has come: the enemy of our faith wishes to oppress us even more closely by sea and land with all his engines and skill to attack us with the entire strength of this siege force, as a snake about to spew its venom; he is in a hurry to devour us, like a savage lion. For this reason I am imploring you to fight like men with brave souls, as you have done from the beginning up to this day, against the enemy of our faith. I hand over to you my glorious, famous, respected, noble city, the shining Queen of cities, our homeland. You know well, my brothers, that we have four obligations in common, which force us to prefer death over survival: first our faith and piety; second our homeland; third, the emperor anointed by the Lord and fourth; our relatives and friends

>Well, my brothers, if we must fight for one of these obligations, we will be even more liable under the command strength of all four; as you can clearly understand. If God grants victory to the impious because of my own sins, we will endanger our lives for our holy faith, which Christ gave us with his own blood. This is most important of all. Even if one gains the entire world but loses his soul in the process, what will it benefit! Second, we will be deprived of such famous homeland and of our liberty. Third, our empire, renowned in the past but presently humbled, low and exhausted, will be ruled by a tyrant and an impious man. Fourth, we will be separated from our dearest children, wives and relatives.

> Good pure Christian girls like piety r-right? You don't need to be a Chad.

> Turns out the lead Crusader was a turbo Chad

This wretch of a Sultan has besieged our city up to now for fifty seven days with all his engines and strength; he has relaxed the blockade neither day nor night, but, by the grace of Christ, our Lord, who sees all things, the enemy has often been repelled, up to now, from our walls with shame and dishonor. Yet now too, my brothers, feel no cowardice, even if small parts of our fortifications have collapsed from the explosions and engine missiles, as you can see, we made all possible, necessary repairs. We are placing all hope in the irresistible glory of God. Some have faith in armament, others in cavalry, might and numbers but we believe in the name of our Lord, our God and Savior, and second, in our arms and strength granted to us by divine power.

>I know the countless hordes of the impious will advance against us, according to their custom, violently, confidently and with great courage and force in order to overwhelm and wear out our few defenders with hardship. They attempt to frighten us with loud yells and innumerable battle cries. But you are all familiar with their chattering and I need say no more about it. For a long time they will continue so and will also release over us countless rocks, all sorts of arrows and missiles, like the sand of the sea. But I hope that such things will not harm us; I see, greatly rejoice, and nourish with hopes in my mind that even if we are few, you are all experienced and seasoned warriors- courageous, brave, and well prepared. Protect your heads with shields in combat and battle. Keep your right hand, armed with the sword, extended in front of you at all times. Your helmets, breastplates and suits of armor are fully sufficient together with your other weapons and will prove very effective in battle. Our enemies have no and use no such weapons. You are protected inside the walls, while they will advance without cover and with toil.

>For these reasons, my fellow soldiers, prepare yourselves, be firm, and remain valiant, for the pity of God, Take your example from the few elephants of the Carthaginians and how they dispersed the numerous cavalry of the Romans with their noise and appearance. If one dumb beast put another to flight, we, the masters of horses and animals, can surely even do better against our advancing enemies, since they are dumb animals, worse even than pigs. Present your shield, swords, arrows, and spears to them, imagining that you are a hunting party after wild boars, so that the impious may learn that they are dealing not with dumb animals but with their lords and masters, the descendants of the Greeks and the Romans.

William marshall was so fucking famous for his loyalty, trustworthiness, and honor that he was one of the few loyalists the rebels would neogtiate with during the first barons war.

Militarily, the man was leading cavalry charges into his 70s, and could REMEMBER besting 500 men in tournies-in an era where the tourney was essentially just a cavalry fight where you didn't try too hard to kill the other guy.

Regent and then Marshall of England, he brought the English from the jokes of the tourney circuit to being feared and respected.

He started his career with no notable family, a dead horse, a torn mail shirt, and little reputation.
He was without any doubt among the greatest knights to ever live.

>You are well aware that this irreligious Sultan, the enemy of our holy faith, violated for no good reason the peace treaty we had with him and disregarded his numerous oaths without a second thought. Suddenly, he appeared and built his castle in the straights of Asomatosso he might be able to inflict daily harm on us. Then he put our farms, gardens, parks, and houses to the torch, while he killed and enslaved as many of our Christian brothers as he found; he broke the treaty of friendship. He befriended the inhabitants of Galata, the wretches rejoice over this, as they are unaware of the parable of the Farmer’s son who was roasting snails and said, “Oh stupid creature,” etc. Well my brothers, since he started the siege and the blockade, every day he opens his fathomless mouth and is seeking an opportunity to devour us and this city, which thrice-blessed Constantine the Great founded and dedicated to the all holy most chaste Mother of God, our lad, Mar the eternal virgin. She became the Queen of Cities, the shield and aid of our homeland, the shelter of Christians, the hope and joy of all wishes to destroy this city, which was once proud and blooming like a rose of the field.

>I can tell you that this city mastered the entire universe; She placed beneath her feet Pontus, Armenia, paphlagonia, The Amazonian lands, Cappadocia, Galatia, Media, Georgian Colchis, Bosphoros, Albania, Syria, Cilicia, Mesopotamia, Phoenicia, Palestine, Arabia, Judea, Bactria, Scythia, Macedonia, Thessaly, Hellas, Boeotia, Locris, Aetolia, Arcarnania, Achaea, the Peloponnese, Epirus, Illyria, Lykhnites, the Adriatic, Italy, Tuscany, the Celts, and Galatian Celts, Spain up to Cadiz, Libya, Mauritania, Ethiopia, Beledes, Scude, Numidia, Africa and Egypt.

>Now he wants to enslave her and throw the yoke upon the Mistress of Citie, our holy churches, where the Holy Trinity was worshipped, where the Holy Ghost was glorified in hymns, where angels were heard praising in chant the deity of and the incarnation of God’s word, he wants to turn into shrines of his blasphemy, shrines of the mad and false Prophet, Mohammed, as well as into stables for his horses and camels.

Consider then, my brother and comrades in arms, how the commemoration of our death, our memory, fame and freedom can be rendered eternal.

All
women
want
Chad

Zawisza Czarny

This

Roland

>Any historical non-fiction Beowulfs or Hercules who are remembered in history for being the traditional idealized man that the ladies can't help but swoon for
Alexander the Great was Achilles turned real.

>literally promoting white knighting

Basil the Macedonian
Juan de Austria
Gustaf Adolf
Alessandro Farnese
Bayard
Gaston de Foix-Nemours
Jean Parisot de Valette
Nuno Álvares Pereira

Jan Zizka comes to mind.

Also Charlemagne

Germanicus
Daniel Inouye

Daily reminder.

Hitler

>the original milady neckbeard

The Greatest Board Never Told.

>Bohemond of Antioch

BASED Normans....

>> Turns out the lead Crusader was a turbo Chad

He was Robert Guisgard's son so yep....100% turbo chad.

>panics all the time
>high as fuck
>shit his pants regularly
>NEVER FOUGHT AFTER WW1
>led good men to their demise
>led innocent men to their demise
>regular at backstabbing, assassinations

fuck off /pol/

Jan Zizka
Protected his nation and people (Czech) vs Crusading German invaders. Caught the plague and lost an eye. Still turned back over ten catholic crusaders called to oust the Hussites. Never lost a battle. Him+Jan Hus accelerated the reformation movement of the church due to their success. Was led an army where firearms were the backbone of the army, along with defensive fortifications and artillery breakthroughs.

G I L G A M E SH

>Who is the most dashing, fearless, manly, and heroic figure of history?

George Washington.

I know it's been said but William Marshall is literally the pure embodiment of knighthood.

kinda lost its impact when the guy got killed by the turks trying to flee the city wearing womens clothes desu

His body was never found. That isn't even a story that gets passed around you made it on the spot.

>departs with a thousand men against an entire realm with its army
>wins

And that's only one of his achievements, he spent 30 years fighting in two continents for the cause of liberty. I'm actually surprised he wasn't mentioned before, because he was big in the XIXth century, almost like a Che Guevara figure if not bigger.

But then, Che Guevara wasn't mentioned either.

Nah one version of the story is that he tried to flee the city through the genoese quarter while wearing womans clothes and some turks killed him without realizing, this was in roger crowleys book iirc

You will never watch the Goddess of Beauty herself have a meltdown after turning her down for sex because she is too much of a slut.

Lmao

Always two sides on the coin eh

Dude Normans rule the world still you just don't know it

yeah garibaldi son

mirin gains

bump

Mete Han

Bonnie Prince Charlie

I don't know if he's a "hero" but Prince Rupert of the Rhine is pretty much the archetypal adventurer and it's kind of depressing to know that you'll never live a life even a fraction as cool as his.