Retard here. What's the best kind of wallet to keep my bitcoin on? How do I set it up? All my crypto is on exchanges rn

Retard here. What's the best kind of wallet to keep my bitcoin on? How do I set it up? All my crypto is on exchanges rn

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wEWAVFOhq5w
bitcoinpaperwallet.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

exodus

I keep coins in paper wallets

this. print out a paper wallet and send your bitcoins to it. nothing online and you're safe.

why is this better than an offline wallet/cold storage

it doesn't cost anything.

what does an offline wallet cost? if you keep it on an ssd that you keep offline and unplugged, what benefits are there to a paper wallet over that?

no idea, sorry. you have the risk of a potential technical failure when employing an ssd.

youtube.com/watch?v=wEWAVFOhq5w

Why does John Mcafee only recommend hardware wallets? What are the disadvantages of paper wallets?

do as you wish and google is your friend, bro. an obvious disadvantage of a paper wallet is its fragility. you might want to do a digital backup of it, upload it to a very secure cloud storage and delete the one from your pc. keep the paper folded in a safe.

i kind of feel like my crypto is safer on exchanges than on my computer in offline wallets, i have no idea what kind of keylogger/screencapture spyware is on my pc

then keep it in a online wallet with 2fa enabled. exchanges are the worst place to keep coins.

yes, at the very least, keep a 2fa active at all times. and don't have your phone online while logging in through 2fa, you can't even imagine what hackers are able to nowadays.

Electrum is very good. It's very easy to set up, and it gives you a seed that you can save on a piece of paper, so if you ever lose your wallet, you can retrieve it. It's the most retard friendly one available I think. The UI is very old style, but the wallet app is perfect and very simple.

don't do this op you need to have flexibilty to trade your coins as soon as possible, BTC is highly volatile especially for the next 10 days.

Just keep it on an online wallet like blockchain.

what about poloniex

I just started using 2 wallets, i will be getting a hardware wallet to switch to soon

>exodus wallet
>ethereum wallet by the Ethereum Project
not myetherwallet - dont use browser wallets

bitcoinpaperwallet.com/

free, looks nice, very secure as long as you keep it in a safe place and away from water

I do this. It just feels good knowing you hold your own money.

It's the same feeling I got the first time I held like $5,000 worth of cash in $20 dollar bills. Feels like a fucking millionaire just because you can feel it. Meanwhile I have way more than that in bank accounts but feel nothing, just feels like numbers in a video game.

Honestly though, make a paper wallet, back it up, and have a brain wallet too, also backed up.

that's the best way.

Honestly, split up your assets.

Paper wallets, software/core wallets, some on multiple exchanges with 2FA activated (Bittrex, Coinbase, Kraken - no pajeet ones like Yobit and HitBTC)

I'm using mycelium and like 99% sure it's one of the best options (they tried introducing ads and since it was a security flaw took the ads away)