Was he a Tyrant? Should the southern states have had the right to leave the Union?

Was he a Tyrant? Should the southern states have had the right to leave the Union?

The Whiskey Rebellion proves that there was never any real intention to let any of the states or their people go without military action. The US needed the power of every state, and still does. To think any nation would let a significant portion of their land and power leave just because they wanted too is asinine. The Confederates were a burden to modernization, just like the natives, and we saw what happened to them too.

The issue is not addressed in the Constitution, since they never expected anyone to want to leave.

No. From a geopolitical/realpolitik decision, he made the best decision.

But the USSR and EU

Why does he look like a swarthy ape, wasn't he English/risk

I think it's just a result of having the hormones and bodily development of a fucking giant, and the fact that his hair and beard look like they belong on a Planet of the Apes costume. You ever noticed many very tall people have abnormal facial features?

*irish

The world would be a lot better off if the south had won the right to secede. It would have destroyed the most brutal empire on the planet. Capitalism under the us of jews has been a mistake.

I could not imagine being so much of a loser you have to shitpost against Lincoln.

Because racial classification is for dumb dumbs.

They still call it the War of Northern Aggression.

wow therefore it really was

really makes you think

t. guy who speaks from his ass

It requires merely a change to the constitution, which merely requires 2/3rd of the state legislatures or 2/3rd of both the house and senate. Our Constitution was designed to change with the times, that's why the section on how to change the constitution exists. Nothing in it was "never addressed," every possible avenue for change is there, the south did not have 2/3rds of either the state or Congress and so they could not leave. It's that fucking simple.

It's called the amendment process, but I wouldnt expect a retarded /pol/tard to actually know basic politics.

They sure do

>Confederate States of America
Definitely werent americans xd
Thank science the north was so progressive and not racist ;)

if they had 2/3rds of the state or congress, they could have replaced the constitution with a used tissue, and that would be totally legal. You can change ANYTHING with 2/3rds, that's all it takes
Just so happens they didn't have that, and so they couldn't leave. You focus in semantics as if there is another way to describe an american. Perhaps you'd have us all use United Statesian so that none of us fall trap to your clever wordplay? Fuck off retard.

confederatefags are literally the most retarded people on the internet. Radical Islamic terrorists make better points.

fell apart and is falling apart.

>tyrant
>allowed democratic elections in the midst of a war

The declaration says the people not only have the right, but the duty to break away and set up a better government if the current one is tyrannical. Argue two things: that the government was being tyrannical (bonus if you can argue that the CSA government was better and how), and that the declaration should be taken as law.

I don't know much about the American civil war and wanted to ask you a couple of questions (I plan on studying more about it soon)

1. why did the Confederates initially attack the
U.S. fortress of Fort Sumter in South Carolina?

2. what allowed people to have slaves back then? (what law or where was it written)

1. A bad mix of autism and drunken stupor

2. They really hate niggers

grow up

Make me cocksucka

Yep. He took the State's rights away. Right to enslave people. What a horrible tyrant.

they can't have these conversations in person so naturally these idiots post their stupid unfiltered thoughts here

>Should the southern states have the right to leave the Union?
Yes, powers not listed in the Constitution are reserved by the States or the people. They would've come crawling back once their slave economy collapsed and they were overrun by niggers anyways.