What was Carolus endgame? Besides the obvious, ruling the north/Scandinavia where else did he have his dreams...

What was Carolus endgame? Besides the obvious, ruling the north/Scandinavia where else did he have his dreams? Conquer Russia? Lithuania? Germany? What was he striving for?

Having a fika in his newly conquered lands with coffee and some kanelbullar.

He lived for the war, he didn't ever want to cool down. He wouldn't take a queen, he said he was "Married to the army". That's why experts think he was probably shot by one of his own men, a conspirator who wanted to end the constant warfare.

OP approves of this.

You learn something new everyday! So he didn't have any special kingdom he would wanna curb?

Raindin', lootin', rapin' like there is no tomorow.

>he said he was "Married to the army".

haha gay

He wanted to defeat the Russians. But his dream was crushed at Poltava. No wonder really, because he wasn't in command during the battle. He was bedridden, injured, his foot had been hit by a musket ball during an earlier engagement and he couldn't walk, so his incompetent subordinates were in charge. The battle was a route, not an outright defeat, it was later when the same subordinates decided to surrender most of the army to the Russians that the kings dream really failed. The king himself escaped though, somehow to Turkey with his most trusted men, to seek for the Sultan's help against the Russians. And that didn't work out.

Source: Herman Lindqvist

Ah heck.

There was no endgame. Sweden had so abysmal population their first empire wide census was declared state secret. It was all a ruse.

People in general don't have "endgames", they have ambitions and they have events they must respond to.

BROKEN, DREAMS SO GRAND

This is my dream for a Swedish empire.

If only.

This is also their only new world colony. Oh, what could have been.

My Cameralist Georgist Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy headcanon.

So.. Beautiful..

His end game was that he was attacked by Russia joined by Poland and Denmark.

Making the everyone who attacked him agree to his autistic terms of peace.
Peter the Great refused to apologise and bullied Qarl to death.

absolutely disgusting
stay out of Karelia

I dont think he had any real endgame besides defeating Russia, Sweden was attacked in the war. He didn't take any land from Poland after he defeated them, iirc they offered Courland but he refused to take it.

I think he was brutally autistic about his principles n shit, rip Sweden

He should have agreed to let Peter keep Ingria, it was shit, historically Russian clay and Russians needed it much more than Swedes. May be Sweden 'empire' would still be around