How did such powerful earth shaking nation's become so irrelevant?

How did such powerful earth shaking nation's become so irrelevant?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5tVGei24TdQ
tema.ru/travel/mongolia-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they didn't give a shit about much of anything, only exacting tribute from conquered peoples

They are inland so they are fucked.

So is that it? Will we never see the Central Asians be relevant again apart from being dwarfed by China in the future?

Not likely, the territory they have is far too inland to be relevant in global trade, and it's not actually very good for agriculture to feed a population. The steppes don't get a lot of rainfall, so while it can support grass and grazing/herding, it can not support cereals without another source of water for irrigation. The Russians tried and ended up drying out the Aral Sea, causing a dust storm that further degraded the quality of the land.

How rural is the country of Mongolia? I never see any posters from there on /int/.

If society goes to shit, somehow, like for example an electromagnetic pulse bomb destroying all of the world's electricity; those who are somewhat primitive (such as Central Asians) will have an advantage over electronic dependent peoples like everyone else, for example. Honestly if we didn't have electricity we'd be literal apes killing and looting each other. Just like NYC at one time. Central Asians? They'd be immune to this since their society doesn't operate completely on electronics. I mean they live in yurts for fuck's sake, with no air conditioner probably. So yeah, they would have a chance at being relevant again if this happened.

This, and surprisingly there's still nomads in Mongolia that live pretty much the same lifestyle that's been there for thousands of years.

You're talking about them right now, so they are relevant. And one of those has the largest or 2nd largest city in Europe. Also Mongolia doesn't contain all of Mongol territory.

Probably the most or one of the most rural nations on earth.

thanks doc

The only difference is they carry AK's instead of bows

>I mean they live in yurts for fuck's sake, with no air conditioner probably. So yeah, they would have a chance at being relevant again if this happened.
So basically their best chance is if everybody fucks up so hard that they regress back into the stone age and then get a chance to take over?

That's not a good thing sweet jesus

I talk about the Aztec's a lot as well. despite living thousands of kilometers from where they thrived and them having no literally impact on my life.

They both got their clay taken by China

Turkics suffer from incompetent leaders
Mongols have no clue about the outside world

>That's not a good thing sweet Jesus

Back to pleddit. You clearly have no clue about Mongolia.

youtube.com/watch?v=5tVGei24TdQ

Wow, I thought mongolians didn't contribute that much but I was wrong, this is amazing. What is this instrument? It sounds like a viola

I'm glad you see the light of the Khans now. You don't have to go to plebbit. I forgot the precise name of the instrument but it's horse-hair something. I think it has a Chinese equivalent. Or maybe the Chinese one is horse-hair.

It's a morin khuur. The Chinese name is matouqin. Both mean "horsehead fiddle".

So literally nothing apart from an instrument better than the didgeridoo. fucking lel.

Because they only became powerful in the first place due to their geography allowing them to exploit (what was at the time) an extremely powerful resource.
And this resource has been superseded.

It's like in an African tribe existed on a mountain of musket barrels: they'd be irrelevant before the invention of gunpowder; a world power whilst muskets were the premiere weapon; then fade into irrelevance again once rifling was the superior weapon.

A couple of huge cities and a ton of steppe.
Here's a nice look at it.

tema.ru/travel/mongolia-1/