ITT: Post a weapon (Vth-XIXth century) from your home country and Veeky Forums tries to guess which country it is...

ITT: Post a weapon (Vth-XIXth century) from your home country and Veeky Forums tries to guess which country it is. I'll start.

U.S?

Portugal?

Not by a long shot, that's an odd one. It's a short lived gun but available in the hundreds of thousands.

Nope

Poland

Britain

Snider rifle ? Britain ?

Every single person even remotely into weapons or history knows this weapon in my country even though it's not its country of origin for reason I will not reveal because my weapon would be far too obvious. That's the Krnka riffle a breach loading conversion of the M1857 muzzle loading riffle. Country of origin Russia even though the designer was Czech. Guess mine

China

You only say that because they like jade but you're way off

Poland

Correct!

Turkey?

Hungary

This is a hard one if you don't reverse image search it.

I only guessed that because of the title "boomstick.jpg" I can't read a goddamn thing engraved on it.

Sweden? Wales?

You've got something there, but it's still not correct

Turkey?

This is a question with a hidden answer, Romania is my final response

Nope and nope but the riffle you posted is the Lorenz riffle so Habsburg Monarchy ffs I watch too much capnball on YouTube.

Nope

Getting warmer, but still no. Here's the original one upon which the repro is based

Alternative answer: Armenia

Hard Mode: Guess what state I'm from.

Connecticut

Georgia?

Correct!

New York?

This is technically 20th century equipment to be used alongside the firearm, but thought it was distinct enough to include for fun.
By the way, if you where wondering if it actually was functional, no it was not.

I knew it was that because your state is cucked with gun regulations and normies would never realize that your state was once a firearm industry

Austria?

Ok ok, some guesses are getting really close. It's a IX-Xth century Danube Bulgar saber. I said it was sort of close to Hungarian due to the origins of both people being Turkic people aka begining as Tengrinist step nomads. It's nor really Romanian but Vlachs which were the backbone of the First Bulgarian empire's army used weapons like that. The origin of the weapon is indeed Turkic, intended as a side arm for mounted archers, hence the bronze finger guard which was made for a firmer grip over the cross guard even with an archer's ring, However one can still clearly see Slavic influences on the weapon (as Bulgars in the First Bulgarian empire were in 30 000s and Slavs were much much much more). That sort of Sabre dissipated in XIIth century when the Second Bulgarian Empire switched to a more tradition style of Western European arming swords yeah, no-one of you was really right, no one was right.

Well, atleast I tried, that's what counts

Not even close, to maybe give some context it was early 20th if it helps.

Canada

New Zealand? Looks like a jade club that Polynesian warriors used.

Yeah that's correct.
Combining a shovel and a shield, they created a shovel with a hole in it, along with a shield offering minimal cover whilst incapable of stopping small arms fire. It also was apparently heavier than typical shovels.

Russia, Speznaz still uses tactical shovels

Forgot pic showing the concept.

Canadians are the Russians of the Americas doesn't count

I would have said Mongolia. Because, what's the difference between one steppe people's saber and another's ? Mongol, Turkic or Slav, they all seem pretty interchangeable to me.

Well played

Spain or Italia

don't forget the trusty Ross Rifle as well fellow leaf :^)

Its technically from Germany, the city of Emden to be precise. However the city was a Dutch protectorate and Dutch was the language of the city magistrates and such.

Correct, its a mere made by the maori. Apparently these things were fucking horrifying in combat

New Zealand again

*Blaaaaaaah*

Mediterranean island?

Nepal?

Belgium

correct

Can you guys give some background info, it looks intriguing.

Pic related, bonus points if anyone guesses this without reverse search. Here's a hint. It's an archaeological find in Bulgaria but it's not Bulgarian

The name is derived from something like "goden dagge" meaning "good dagger".
It's not very expensive to make and serves as a club/spear hybrid.
Its most famous use was probably by the Flemish guilds in the Battle of the golden spurs near Kortrijk in 1302, where the Flemish absolutely raped the French cavalry despite being outnumbered.
Mind you, the French infantry were doing rather well with spears and crossbows but the cavalry just charged through them to finish the fight. The terrain around the river was too wet and the horses lost their mobility advantage, leaving the knights vulnerable to anything remotely resembling a pike.
The heay clubhead also worked well for denting helmets and the skulls underneath.
Eventually it was rendered obsolete by pikes.

Not Bulgarian, so perhaps from a time before the Bulgars/Slavs lived there.
Eastern Roman? Gothic perhaps?

Sicilia
Swiss
Austria
Varangian (so Sweden)

>archaeological find in Bulgaria but not Bulgarian

It's t*rk ?

Of the Varangian guard of the East Roman Emperor indeed. Here's another one.

Swiss is correct, weapon is a late swiss saber (Schnepf) from the 16th century.
pic is another one

Here is a neat image of them

The chemical sidearm of every USA soldier?

That's aesthetic as fuck

That looks an awful lot like some of the early French/Belgian minie rifles with a breechloading conversion. So imma say France.

Nope, try again.

>poo in the loo
India

Murica

Canada

ouais

Utah

africa

many african civs learned to smelt iron so i'm guessing australian aboriginals