Who are the modern day descendants of the ancient Southwest Asian civilizations?

Who are the modern day descendants of the ancient Southwest Asian civilizations?

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.nytimes.com/2015/07/26/magazine/is-this-the-end-of-christianity-in-the-middle-east.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuphar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudhif
atlasobscura.com/places/mudhif-houses
penn.museum/documents/publications/expedition/PDFs/40-2/Life.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsh_Arabs
japanese130.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2015/03/90-9edc.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this fresh OC?

Which Southwest Asian civilization is your image trying to depict?

Babylon

White people of European descent

WE

Syrians, Iraqis, and Kurds mostly

Levantine Arabs

this

HAPPEN TO BE

As far as I know, Assyrians and Persians are the ones speaking languages written down in BC times, in the same area, and thus retain some ancient culture.

Unless those are middle west. It's hard to comprehend the meager thoughts of a frogposter.

I'll break it down

>Egyptians
Copts have best claim but Egyptian Arabs are still descendants for the most part
>Akkadians
Mandaeans, most Arabs and Jews have some DNA tracing from Mesopotamia
>Babylonians
Chaldeans
>Assyrians
Modern Assyrians
>Persians
Iranian
>Phoenicians
Lebanese Maronites
>Hebrews
Jews and Samaritans

Did the Alawites and Druze get genocided in this alternate reality?

Red-pill me on Afghan history Veeky Forums

So the Japanese were Koreans... and the Indians were indoeuropeans... and pakis are aryans.... i understand everything now

>Chaldeans

They're extinct, unless you mean the Catholics who are literally from Assyria, not Babylon or anywhere close to it.

> Akkadians
> Babylonians
> Assyrians
> Phoenicians
None of these peoples had survived by the 1 century BCE as coherent identities, the entire region was more or less homogeneous and spoke Aramaic. All the modern groups you mentioned had their beginnings much later, after the Arab conquest, the only difference with their Arabic neighbors being religion.

No, but you have outed yourself as a newfriend.

Nice wewuzery

Great map

I did a ton of research on the nestorians and their civilization + missionaries last year. Sadly, as of last year, the Aramic/Syriac/Nestorian community in the Nineveh plains is believed to have disintegrated.

Fuck off whitey. That's some whitewashed bullshit you got there.

>Egyptians
Modern Somalis
>Akkadians
Iraqis
>Babylonians
Iraqis
>Assyrians
They are all dead, current "Assyrians" are Just Syrians with an Ass
>Persians
Iranian
>Phoenicians
Lebanese
>Hebrews
Palestinians and Jordanians

It's really sad how they've survived hundreds of years of Muslim rule, countless wars and dictators, only to be destroyed by the West trying to "liberate" the region.

mobile.nytimes.com/2015/07/26/magazine/is-this-the-end-of-christianity-in-the-middle-east.html

>From 1910 to 2010, the percentage of the Middle Eastern population that was Christian — in countries like Egypt, Israel, Palestine and Jordan — continued to decline; once 14 percent of the population, Christians now make up roughly 4 percent. (In Iran and Turkey, they’re all but gone.) In Lebanon, the only country in the region where Christians hold significant political power, their numbers have shrunk over the past century, to 34 percent from 78 percent of the population. Low birthrates have contributed to this decline, as well as hostile political environments and economic crisis. Fear is also a driver. The rise of extremist groups, as well as the perception that their communities are vanishing, causes people to emigrate.
>The percentage is estimated to fall to 2% in 2017.

>For more than a decade, extremists have targeted Christians and other minorities, who often serve as stand-ins for the West. This was especially true in Iraq after the U.S. invasion, which caused hundreds of thousands to flee. ‘‘Since 2003, we’ve lost priests, bishops and more than 60 churches were bombed,’’ Bashar Warda, the Chaldean Catholic archbishop of Erbil, said. With the fall of Saddam Hussein, Christians began to leave Iraq in large numbers, and the population shrank to less than 500,000 today from as many as 1.5 million in 2003.

LEVANTINES AND EXCREMENT

>The Arab Spring only made things worse. As dictators like Mubarak in Egypt and Qaddafi in Libya were toppled, their longstanding protection of minorities also ended. Now, ISIS is looking to eradicate Christians and other minorities altogether. The group twists the early history of Christians in the region — their subjugation by the sword — to legitimize its millenarian enterprise. Recently, ISIS posted videos delineating the second-class status of Christians in the caliphate. Those unwilling to pay the jizya tax or to convert would be destroyed, the narrator warned, as the videos culminated in the now-infamous scenes of Egyptian and Ethiopian Christians in Libya being marched onto the beach and beheaded, their blood running into the surf.

>descendent of PBUH
>aryan
pick one

>The future of Christianity in the region of its birth is now uncertain. ‘‘How much longer can we flee before we and other minorities become a story in a history book?’’ says Nuri Kino, a journalist and founder of the advocacy group Demand for Action. According to a Pew study, Christians face religious persecution in more countries than any other religious group. ‘‘ISIL has put a spotlight on the issue,’’ says Anna Eshoo, a California Democrat in the U.S. House of Representatives, whose parents are from the region and who advocates on behalf of Eastern Christians. ‘‘Christianity is under an existential threat.’’

>One of the main pipelines for Christians fleeing the Middle East runs through Lebanon. This spring, thousands of Christians from villages in northeastern Syria along the Khabur River found shelter in Lebanon as they fled an ISIS assault in which 230 people were seized for ransom. This wasn’t the first time that members of this tight-knit community had been driven from their homes. Many of these villagers were descendants of those who, in 1933, fled Iraq after a massacre of Assyrian Christians left 3,000 dead in one day.

>‘‘We’re afraid our whole society will vanish,’’ said Zoumaya, who left his Khabur River village more than a decade ago to study in Lebanon. He picked up his prayer book and headed downstairs to the parish house. The church was helping to care for 1,500 Syrian families. ‘‘It’s too much pressure on us, more than we can handle,’’ he said. The families didn’t want to live in the notoriously overcrowded Lebanese refugee camps that had filled with one-and-a-half million Syrians fleeing the civil war. They no longer wanted to live among Muslims. Instead they crammed into apartments with exorbitant rents that the church subsidized as best it could.

But that's not accurate. Not to use my origin to claim authority, but I speak the language and most speakers use Aramaic instead of other languages (such as Arabic) among themselves. And if the Nineveh plains presence was really disintegrated, it would be all I'd hear about every day.

>‘‘We ran from the war only to die in the street,’’ one mourner said.

>Later, Zoumaya talked of his family memories, who were among the 230 captured by ISIS. At noon, on the day ISIS arrived in his wife’s village, Zoumaya called his father-in-law to check in.

>‘‘This is ISIS,’’ said the man who answered.

>"Please let my family go,’’ the priest begged. ‘‘They’ve done nothing to you. They’re not fighting.’’

>"These people belong to us now," said the ISIS soldier.

They are about 200000 christians in iran tho

>He longed to return to the Nineveh Plain. ‘‘Even though all of my money is in the garbage, I’ll be O.K. if we get this safe haven,’’ he said. ‘‘If it takes too long, we’ll be annihilated.’’ It was all he thought about. ‘‘Are we going home or not?’’ he asked. ‘‘This safe haven is the last chance we have, or Christianity will be finished in Iraq.’’

>Earlier, a text message came in from Mosul. One of his contacts was having trouble locating a woman named Nabila, who was ready to be smuggled to safety. Mano had instructed her to hang a black cloth in her window so that her rescuer could find the right house. But the wind had blown the cloth to the ground, and now her would-be rescuer couldn’t tell where she was being held. They would have to try again. ‘‘I’ll tell her to hang a blanket,’’ Mano said. They would find her, he hoped, if the blanket held its weight against the wind.

It has lost over 80% of its people since 2000.

>practically nonexistent
>200,000/90,000,000

Also, not to debate about Assyrian continuity, but the term was used after BC times. For instance, the Georgian Assyrian saints.

Still, many intend to return and some Christian villages were not taken. Even groups that fled in WWI still consider themselves Assyrian/Chaldean, not just emigrant Christians. But I'm not there do I don't know the exact situation.

Yeah and what will happen when the next war comes?

Their numbers fell from 2 million to 200,000 in 2015. They also have low birthrates and high death rates, not to mention emigration.

The only Nineveh Nestorian community that is still there are the heartland ones near Kirkuk that weren't taken. The rest are gone, not to mention the christians in the south or Mosul.

Soon enough, they'll all be gone.

That's literally what he said you shitskin

Kirkuk isn't the heartland at all. The heartland is anywhere north of Mosul, including non-Iraq territory. That's why that's the 'safe haven' they want. And like I said, as 'one of them' I know some villages there were never taken. Also, the majority of the Christians are probably Catholics, not CoE members. Other than that, I don't know.

No it wasn't mayoskin

Read plzNot often that I meet one you.

>socially acceptable

what?

The text said that they are gone in Iran and turkey but thats a straight up lie. Irans population is also just about 78 million

Well, I read it, I've certainly heard some of it before, and I don't know what to say about it. First I can say that they identify by their home village/town even if they left it years ago, so I'm sure they want to reclaim the bigger ones.

The two posts you started the quotation by responding to, I wanted to say it's really not true that religion is the only difference, but other differences are related. The language, apart from the Syriac dialect which was used on that map, never stopped being spoken or got regulated or revived. It's practically a 'Christian' language, Muslim speakers are almost unknown, and Jews left.

Besides the 30s massacre mentioned, there was the 10s, the 70s, 80s, etc. It's a constant flow, not from the 21st century.

I don't know about the Mediterranean countries's situations.

Also, there was an Assyrian mayor in Turkey who got removed last year for being in a Kurdish party.

I'm not sure what else to say. Maybe, Deus vult?

>deus vult

Middle eastern christian sucking western cock as usual.

It was a joke, I dislike the fad of using that phrase.

>kurds
What?

If you're talking about biological descendants, they are probably in their majority Iraqi or Syrian Arabs now. (For the Hittites, Urartians etc. many are turks, kurds, armenians today)

If we're trying to establish a civilization with cultural continuity, the christian, aramaic-speaking "assyrians" would be good candidates and their nationalist movement certainly claims continuity with the original assyrians (which is why they recently re-named themselves after them). On the other hand, syrian and iraqi arabs have a pretty good claim to continuity with their ancient past as well. many folk traditions can be traced way back into the past and just because they speak arabic, it doesn't mean that their culture exclusively consists of elements introduced from the outside by peninsular arabs. E.g. southern iraqis (so-called marsh arabs) still use the same kind of reed huts and until recently even the kind of boats that ancient mesopotamians used.

Boats:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuphar

Reed Huts:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudhif
atlasobscura.com/places/mudhif-houses
penn.museum/documents/publications/expedition/PDFs/40-2/Life.pdf

Marsh Arabs:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsh_Arabs

accurate

>Lebanese Maronites
This is a meme. Maronites have no more Phoenician ancestry than Muslim Lebanese.

Veeky Forums just likes them because they reject the Arab identity.

>Mandaeans
>Chaldeans
>Lebanese Maronites
Nope.

Everything else looks right though.

It's a Neo-Shu'ubiyya thing.

Proof? I always heard that only the Maronites aren't descended from arab invaders

My guess would be moden day Southwest Asians

Either that or non-hispanic white people, I'm not sure.

And Mandeans speak it, I forgot.

>and pakis are aryans
The ethnic or cultural term?

This lmao

Assyrians/Phoenicians aka Christian Lebanese/Arameans aka Christian Syrians

Veeky Forums is right for once.

None of that is whitewashed you stupid nigger.

Also, it's fairly accurate. The one primary exception is modern Assyrians. Many are Assyrians, many are Arabs that moved in and just took on Assyrian culture.

T. Geneticist.

Iran doesn't have a population of 90,000,000.

>So the Japanese were Koreans
There were migrations from korea to Japan in the ancient ages due to internal wars between kingdoms in korea.

Nordics

Keep dreaming, Hans.

Only if they adopted Christianity.

And it doesn't matter what you are, saying "t." as a signature only makes you look under aged.

Source? Why is Japanese and Korean entirely seperate languages then?

>Why is Japanese and Korean entirely seperate languages then?
Because there were already several nations within Japan. They eventually came under the control of the country of Yamatai, led by empress Himiko. Also, are you aware that there are linguists who group japanese and korean under the same language family, due to similarities in grammar and vocabulary? It's possible that a mass migration occurred from Korea to Japan in the ancient times, which also explains why the Ainu and other Japanese descendants of the Jomon era people have distinct facial features from the people of the Yayoi era. One group may have migrated from Russia, and the other from Korea, and nearby chinese territory. We can attest the existence of these korean kingdoms fairly well though, which may be explained also by their direct borders with China. Japan, as it was physically isolated for a long time, took longer to incorporate the chinese influence in terms of technology and such (like the ideograms, tools, law systems such as the ritsuryo, etc.)
japanese130.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2015/03/90-9edc.html
Random blog post about 90%+ of the yayoi japanese coming from Korea. It says that we can also attest this migration by the enormous increase of population in archeological sites dating from the yayoi period. I know, it's not a reputable source, but I'm not too bothered on looking at my shelf now.
Pic related: left is jomon, right is yayoi. Also, funny that I put "Jomon and yayoi people" in japanese on google and the first suggested search was "jomon, yayoi people and the false theory of migration". Though it's no surprise the japanese would desperately try to deny their connection with the koreans.