Historically, why is the Middle East such a clusterfuck? I'm especially talking about the modern conflicts...

Historically, why is the Middle East such a clusterfuck? I'm especially talking about the modern conflicts, but i also notice the region has this kind of issues since the days of Alexander the Great. So, why it is? It is the same reason of why the Balkans are so unstable? (this is, large group of ethnicities in a curious geographical position?)

>why is the Middle East such a clusterfuck?

...it isn't :^P

>it isn't
C'mon, even if the conflicts aren't that old as i said (which is debatable), you can't qualify a region with such a large amount of conflicts in the last 40 years to be "stable". (Also, forgive my shitty cropping).

Jews.

Bump

t. mudslime

Ruined by the Mongols.

Historically, it's not any more of a clusterfuck than Europe is. The Middle East had a long period of relative stability during Islam's golden age... meanwhile Europe was divided into dozens of constantly fighting powers. Now it's the opposite.

Islam

A history of poor governance under various occupying powers, and the inherent unsuitability of Islamic governance to the modern age.

Why do Muslims like to pretend it was the Mongols and not Turks and Tatars who destroyed everything? Is it because Mongols are the non-Muslim ones today?

>and not Turks and Tatars who destroyed everything

Redpill me on how the Turks and Tatars destroyed everything, I always thought it was the Saudis

Its because the mongols came and in essence destroyed their civilisation and decimated their population, from which they never recovered.

It's always been a desert culture, just like the Jews, it's never been peaceful.

>multiple ethnicities
>Multiple religious groups

Gee I don't really know

I mean up until the mongols rekt their irrigation systems and population centres it was far more advanced then Europe. The Levant had been one of the most highly developed and richest regions in the world since the invention of agriculture.

>/pol/-tier answer
Muh Islam, muh jews
>truth
Theocracy to an extent, Arab culture of honor and deception to an extent, colonialism to an extent, having an incredibly valuable commodity to an extent, and yes the Jews being smack dab in the middle of the Islamic world to an extent

Only "clusterfucks" are the whole Israel-Palestine issue, Kurds, and Iraq, the latter which is very literally the Middle Eastern equivalent to Yugoslavia.

Surprised no one has dropped this red pill yet: genetics. Muslims are inbred which has a dramatic reduction in IQ which results in the extremist/violent/radical behaviors you see from them today.

Oh, what's that, I'm racist? You try and explain a bunch of mudbloods with their laundry on their head worshiping a box in the middle of the fucking desert

It's always been the crossroads of empires, going back to the days of the Egyptians. Asian, African and European empires are within striking distance, and use the region often as a buffer zone. It's also very important as a trading hub, again for geographic reasons.

As stated that was literally the Turks (Seljuk Empire) and Tatars (Tamerlane)

In between was the Mongols who despite propaganda helped in recovering from the Seljuks. They did the first war on drugs and war on terror against Hashashin and succeeded immediately.

You believe the opposite because Muslim version of history has spread where it's only the 'Pagans' ruining Muslim world

It's the birthplace of human civilization and human civilization is inherently a clusterfuck.

entropy

This is true, the population there is inbred as fuck. That's actually not that well known but seems to be one of the reasons shits so fucked over there

Timur was not Tatar. He was Uzbek/Turkmen.

>the meeting point of Asia, Europe, and Africa.
>multiple religions
>multiple ethnic groups

I'm not sure how well known or not it is... I guess it isn't common knowledge-tier but it is acknowledged that cousin marriages aren't helping the area

Islam
Jews

Tatars didn't even reach the Middle East