How did this part of a small island on the edge of Europe become a modern-day Rome?

How did this part of a small island on the edge of Europe become a modern-day Rome?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8P_LzsxnM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I kind of wish people would realize that these are questions that justify full-length book series or doctoral theses rather than a thread on an imageboard.

For a complete explanation, yes, but here would must be satisfied with a short list of important factors and memes.
You could recommend literature too. Be constructive.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8P_LzsxnM

B E A D Y
E
A
D
Y

Modern day Rome for like 50 years about 200 years ago.

Geography, great leaders/inventors/engineers, constitutional monarchy with limited government powers and a hefty dose of geopolitical scheming

What's up with him? He looks Latino to me

>British Empire
>Posts an image of England

Learn political geography pls

perfidy

You do realise Europeans can have dark hair and brown eyes, right?

Could've had a swarthy ancestor, it's not unheard of to have an Italian or a Spaniard or whatever from way back. The Welsh are also pretty dark-featured a lot of the time.

I've never met a "pure" brit as swarthy and southern looking as him

You mainly find them in North-West Scotland, Wales and South-West England.

That there British channel made trying to dominate Angloland a pain in the ass due to navy supremacy, if it was connected to Europe the Normans would have fucked their shit a long time ago.

>Taking land from uncivilized spear-chucking natives
Wow, what a powerful empire!

That's the actual Celt look. They came from Iberia.

This. The British Channel is why Angola was never invaded by the Normans or Vikings.

Are that actor who played Saruman and Connery "pure" brits?

>The E*ropean hunches over, gets ready to pepper the same tired old thread with the same tired old bitter quips
>Over an English data transmission format
>On an English computer
>Powered by transistors built on Scottish scientific principles

No the actor who played Sean Connery was African.

I always thought the reason why Angola was never invaded by the Normans or vikings was because they didn't visit Southern Africa. I guess I was wrong.

The actor who played Saruman, and Connery

The vikings invented Africa centuries before Columbus did.

Cause France needed to ruin Europe so hard it had to look for other land to take.

Read the influence of sea power on history to understand the Anglo American centuries of dominance.

Count Dracula was Transylvanian.

This book is pretty much what led to WWI. Thanks, Mahan.

>a modern-day Rome?

what?

I know, right, why do retards always compare the lame Roman Empire with the mighty British Empire that built the entire modern world?

>the mighty British Empire

Little over half the British Isles and a bunch of remote islands?

The actor who played saruman is italian

The vikings literally sailed from new found land to the Yucutan pensula and taught the aztecs how to make longboats but then Aztec society [COLLAPSED] so they couldn't use them

You're thinking of Frodo.

>India
>the sub continent which never became Muslim despite 1k years of occupations, which sent delegates to Rome and the mongold never conquered

So I just checked Wikipedia to see if India had been invaded by Britain over the weekend, but it appears that India is in fact still a sovereign nation.

Wow you don't say.

So by your genius logic, India is both a "remote island" and also a proud independent subcontinent who don't need no man? Fascinating, Veeky Forums is so illuminating at times.

?

What I'm saying is that India isn't part of the British Empire you fucking mongoloid. Work on your reading comprehension.

Maybe because this thread is about the historical British Empire which hasn't existed for at least two decades, dipshit?

Christoper Lee's mother was Italian

Sean Connery is of partial Irish descent (but is a full-blooded 'British Isles' native)

The English channel was very valuable and they were extremely hard to invade.

>modern-day

Doesn't sound very historical to me.

Look up what "modern" actually means, dense fuck.

Nice try but I'm afraid that modern-day is not used as an expression referring to anything before present and recent times.

see

wrong.

what do you believe is wrong

>Angola

Uhhh

>a modern-day Rome
Brits eat pizza now everyday?

>universe is 13 billion years old
>life is ~5 billion years
>humanity is ~2 million years
>70 years ago isn't recent
>inb4 universe is 6016 years old

this

Protestant work ethic?

Fuck mahan

What is this retarded thread even about?

Kinda like every other fucking empire in existence.

gott strafe england