Le "wait until I outnumber my enemy 2 to 1 then attack" man

le "wait until I outnumber my enemy 2 to 1 then attack" man

He really is overrated as fuck, especially by stormfags

How is that a bad strategy? Am I missing something here?

le 'throw money out of my limo at the poor' man

This. Why is waiting until you have an advantage then using that advantage seen as a bad thing?

much as i hate this guy that is perfectly sound tactics and strategy. while it is certianly true that a genera who can successfully attack while the odds are stacked against them is a great general, when the odds do not have to be stacked against you discretion is the better side of valor. rather than try and take a situation where victory is unlikley and try to win better to try to modify it into one where victory is likley.

Because he is praised as revolutionary when really he used traditional tactics as

Nah its just edgy Storm fags who think everything is muh tactics, 1v1 X country could win, and K/D. They think that all wars are won in battles of annihilation with strategy and logistics is for suckers who don't get flaking from Total War and Blitzkrieg despite history saying the opposite.

Literally who praises Patton as revolutionary?
He was good for morale and made a good figure to look up to for the men, who the fuck says he was revolutionary?

Germany would've beaten all their enemies if it was 1v1. Prove me wrong.

Seeing war in terms of 1 vs. 1 is silly, because wars by there very nature involve a large number of combatants.

You understand that Germany in 1939 had a population about on par with France and Great Britain tolled together? There's a reason the "Empire" was viewed with such alarm and it wasn't solely because of their military culture.

People who want an excuse to hate him

Reductionist trash. Like pointed out, war is a number's game. "X nation would have won if Y didn't have so many troops", well shit, it's your own fault for being in this predicament.

Le "fought wrong enemy" meme guy

He was what every general should be, able, capable and cautious. If France, England or USSR had some of these, German would had lost the war far earlier.

Le "gets completely fucking surrounded" man

The USA had nukes.

Paulus seemed like a gentle autist, Hitler put him in an awful situation

you know he kinda looks like a mongol

he looks like blumpf

Patton was a literally who among the Germans and barely participated in any major WW2 battles.
>hurdur wasn't deployed in Normand Landings so the Germans thought Allies wouldn't go there so brilliant!

Le "pointlessly race against my own allies for no reason" man

le "inaction is the best action" man

They wouldn't have even beaten the Soviets

Germany had no chance whatsoever against the USSR 1v1 and could very easily have lost to france

>could very easily have lost to france
France just didn't have manpower for that. If Germany got dragged into war of attrition in France they would have won.

le "never tell me the odds" man

Forgot pic

Well fair enough you are probably right. A french victory is not entirely outside the realm of possibility even in that scenraio though

le "rush moscow no stop" man

>hold the line and keep the enemy from interfering with your logistics efforts
>take painstaking care to prepare for the offensive, bringing supplies right up to the front
>only go on the dangerous difficult offensive when you have a strong advantage
>make the breakthrough with a 2 to 1 advantage at the front
>push forward as rapidly as possible
>as supplies fall behind this drops to a 1 to 1 advantage
>keep pushing
>soon forward units are outnumbered but the enemy is shocked and disorganized and they can snap up key points with minimal expense in military resources
>the enemy cannot get them back before reinforcements arrive
>fully capitalize on that breakthrough so you have to make as few as possible during the advance

Patton was one of the most competent generals in ww2 tbqh despite the reputation of being a backwards brute. As a history fanboy he knew all too well that you shouldn't be trying to "win the last war" and he carefully explored every option, including envoking divine intervention, and got his priorities straight.

He did what had to be done to win, not what would get him praise from autists in the future