So i made a bot in python for trading USDT_BTC on poloniex

So i made a bot in python for trading USDT_BTC on poloniex.

It's not very fancy. It basically just makes trades based on the weighted average and the current price. It tries to make a trade once every 5 minutes. So far it's made me about $2.35 per day. Not too great but i plan on adding more to it to make it do more.

Just thought i would share that with you biznessmen.

your bot should track volume and the order book not the price, dumbass

teach me

Let me give it a test run

are you factoring in fees?

Yea i thought about that. That will be a project for another time. So far this bot is somewhat profitable. It really can't lose since it's programmed so it can't buy at a lower price than it sold. and vice versa. Only way it loses is if there is a flash crash or a flash moon but that generally doesn't happen. So far it handles the volatility pretty well. In fact it actually kinda requires a little volatility as it doesn't do to well when things get stable.

But yea. Noted.

>$2.35 per day
how big is your investment? I'm doing some bots myself but I probably will just simulate trading for a long time instead of actually doing it. I'm also looking into automatically comparing prices between exchanges since somehow Crypto still seems to have the odd profit to be made from trading between exchanges...

Yes. The script is very hacky right now. Im too lazy to actually sit down and make it nice. It has way too much shit crammed into if statements where switches could be. lol.

The way it handles fees is by compensating. I set it to only buy or sell if there is a USDT 10.0 difference in the latest price.

My bot makes me 11k avg a week, however its "betting" "risking" 5k

i have $60 in the exchange and it's making only $2 trades right now. I could set it to higher but it's still being tested.

3% a day is pretty good. Most bots that are sold nowadays are pretty shit and make you lose instead.

I actually losely based it on a bot that some dude on youtube made. His bot is shit though so i wouldn't use it. It is a nice example of how to make your own though.

I fucking despise python btw. It's such a finicky language that bitches too much about indentations and whatnot.

Mine can't lose. At least not by it's own fault. It can't buy if the price is higher than when it sold. This is kinda why it requires a lot of volatility to function properly.

Would you share the bot with us user

No. But i may offer it for sale for a small fee once it's finished to my liking.

I just came here to brag about my accomplishment and my getting one step closer to a fully automated neet life.

Sounds like a decent tactic to use overnight while you sleep. You miss the chance to buy back in if the price suddenly surges.

Would you please describe what libraries, and/or platforms you used to develop this?

RN I'm getting the trade data published from poloniex's api and using python to push it into a database and am writing the logic to analyze and trade based off my strategy, but if you've done this a different way I'd love to hear.

And great job btw! Getting anything implemented is a great step forward.

I want to learn Python and as a practice project, write a bot that trades based purely on Schaff Trend just to see how it'd fare

>where switches could be
but python doesn't have switch/case statements

Actually i added in protection for that on both the buy and sell end. They have to be set to True manually. I keep them off because that can cause problems if it detects a crash but then the crash turns out to just be nothing and bounces back quick, Then you've sold or bought at the wrong time.

uses poloniex api and the poloniex python wrapper that can be found on poloniex api help page.

No wonder python is such a disease. I only loosely know it. I'm a Java man.

I want that fully automated neet lyfe as well. I would def buy as long as it's legal

>Not using a dictionary with function pointers
>Unironically telling everyone you use Java

Bot's are perfectly legal. 90% of the trades on poloniex are bots. It's the only way to make money unless you are a whale that moves 100k every few hours buying dips and whatnot.

For the rest of us we have to improvise. We don't have access to that sort of capital so bots are the only way. When you have small money you have to do more work to make anything.

Why is that?

I've had skin in the crypto game for a few months now, but I still don't understand the relationship of volume to price. Could you please explain?

But in all seriousness good job bro

Would you mind sharing the youtube video mate? Having trouble understanding how it works

>bitches too much about indentations and whatnot.
that's a price to pay for readability.
I don't see how it's even a problem if you have a nice ide or editor that does most of indentation for you

get creative to raise your earnings
take history into account when formulating
good luck

I like PyCharm as an IDE, the only reason I'm using Python for bot development is because all this code grew out of trying to predict prices with Keras... and goddamn Python is easy.

>that feel when too ashamed to tell what language you code your bot in

Write your bot to bankrupt all others and then we will all acknowledge that VB is king. It's VB, right? I can't imagine what else would bring shame to your family...

And what methods does your bot utilize?

post code
or larper

OP described his method, why do so many faggots want his code?

Aren't these bots guaranteed to lose eventually because when everyone does the same strategy it corrects itself?

lazy

I wrote mine in Rust.

You should rather try counting 2 by 2 or listing prime numbers or shit like that for learning python.