The physician who performed his autopsy stated that his body "did not contain a single drop of blood; his heart was the...

>The physician who performed his autopsy stated that his body "did not contain a single drop of blood; his heart was the size of a peppercorn; his lungs corroded; his intestines rotten and gangrenous; he had a single testicle, black as coal, and his head was full of water."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_II_of_Spain#Death

I recall reading that the autopsy was performed something along the lines of several weeks or a couple of months after his death, although I haven't been able to find the source since.

Sounds like a suicide to me.

>the autopsy was performed something along the lines of several weeks or a couple of months after his deat
The would explain it. Or Charles was a literal mutant .

Or a zombie WOOOOH, SPOOPY

I for one find his overbite kind of cute

Say hello to Carolus Rex everybody.
Hi Carolus!

How the fuck was he still alive?

This portrait of him is probably very unrealistic.

The lord allowed it.

good point, I put forth that he might have been dead when they autopsied him

Now that's just silly. Conspiracy theories don't belong on Veeky Forums.

Ye. They probably tried to make him prettier than he actually was.

>This is your reign on incest
And to think I used to feel bad for the Habsburgs

Isn't one of the qualifications of being distinct species that you can no longer mate with other closely related species?
Was Charles the next step in Human evolution?

bump

The next step backwards.

Why wouldn't you, the treacherous French cause them to inbreed

That would be an under-bite or cross-bite.

I dunno why he has become such a meme, but I love it.

Because republicans constantly post the same old memes and arguments

Or medical science and terminology was as retarded as Charles himself.

Well, the kind of incestuos madmen than were all the Spanish kings after Philip II it-s a point at they favour. But the republics in Spain didn-t work that well.
Also he was to pure for this world/

Fuck reKEKlicans! Long live the kang.

>3/8 French
>3/8 NOT! English
>2:8 something
>kek
What did he mean by this

What exactly was fucking wrong with him? What are the likely medical conditions that a modern doctor would diagnose him with?

It was other Carolus tho

everything thanks to maximum inbreeding

Not really

Just read the wikipedia article. It has all, or most of the conditions with their modern names.

literally me

>tfw cousin-fucking led to one of the major wars in medieval Europe.

Oh user, you wish it was as tame as just cousin-fucking

> Toward the end of his life, August 1700, in one of his few independent acts as king, Charles created a Junta Magna (Great Council) to examine and investigate the Spanish Inquisition. The council's report was so damning of the Inquisition that the Inquisitor General convinced the decrepit monarch to "consign the 'terrible indictment' to the flames".
He wasn't made for this cruel world

>When the branches on your family tree start to fuse into themselves

Why did he give the throne to a B*urbon anyway? What possible reason did he have for doing it?

The inbreeding high score

Autism

He looks like Macalay Culkin

It's well known trait of the House of Habsburg.

JFMSU-itis

you are technically correct, the portrait definitely looked better than he did IRL. do you think a painter would actually paint who somebody really looked? man doesn't want to hang

Doesn't that make you shudder? What did mewling mostrousity actually look like?

Like an hindu/mudskin from the discovery channel no doubt.

They were his closest relatives and the rightful successors to the throne of Spain by the succession laws of that kingdom.

>how you want your genetics, senpai?

Since when have monarchs cared about succession laws?

kek

They did. They literally invented them you dumb faggot.

i mean, in the days of instant freakshows at the click of a mouse he really isnt so special. i wonder how many peasants were even allowed to see this guy though. ignorant villagers tend to not take kindly to genetic monsters

>American historians Will and Ariel Durant described Charles II as "short, lame, epileptic, senile, and completely bald before 35, he was always on the verge of death, but repeatedly baffled Christendom by continuing to live."

Post your Charlies.

yeah, with the Hapsburgs it was mostly uncle-on-niece action

I'm actually a Hapsburg descendant through multiple lines, but thankfully they're all illegitimate resulting from trysts outside the family for love/attraction rather than reinforcing inheritance claims

that was the entire reason for all the inbreeding, to consolidate as many lines of succession into single individuals, they cared to an unreasonable and debauched amount

How strong is your chin?

And how strong are your claims? I think we have to wait for a regency to press yours.

pretty strong, no underbite thankfully

virtually nonexistent, the entirety of my Hapsburg lineage is through bastards who took whatever they could muster of the family fortune from richer relatives and came to America

not to mention I'm a US citizen lol, but I did used to daydream about snagging a European prince or aristocrat just to see the homelands and wear tiaras, kinda like Grace Kelly

Gotta remember, portraits are made to make the person look as good as possible. And that's the best they could do. And remember as well, they also hired the cream of the crop to paint royals.

Oh, please.

>>The physician who performed his autopsy stated that his body "did not contain a single drop of blood; his heart was the size of a peppercorn; his lungs corroded; his intestines rotten and gangrenous; he had a single testicle, black as coal, and his head was full of water."

Drumpf?

Its a Crusader Kings joke. Every acknowledged bastard gets a weak claim on your titles when you die.

>Trusting 17th century medical reports

We need to see you in profile if we're going to believe you