Name a better Aircraft Designer/Aeronautical Engineer that expanded aircraft technology/warfare, you can't

Name a better Aircraft Designer/Aeronautical Engineer that expanded aircraft technology/warfare, you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_Johnson_(engineer)#Aircraft_contributions
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's room for two at the top.

Goddard

If it wasn't for this guy (and Denys Overholser and Pyotr Ufimtsev), the Americans might not have had the upper hand in aerial supremacy for the past 30 years.

Anthony Fokker

Why is the Skunkworks so based, bros

Spaceships aren't aircraft

My uncle, an airforce pilot, worked on that project. He's dead now, and never told the story about his involvement. I'm close friends with his son, and even he doesn't knew the details. All we know is that this was the project he worked on. Rest in peace, Big John.

That's pretty cool.

The sheer amount of designs this guy produced is astounding. He was so butthurt about Luftwaffe not picking his He-112 fighter design over Bf-109 that he immediately designed a new, better type, the He-100, whose prototype was among the fastest piston engine aicraft in the world at the time. But he got rejected for that as well. Hitler and his clique disliked Heinkel for his self-initiative of constantly spamming new types and designs even when not asked to.

He also designed the world's first turbojet and rocket engine aricraft, He-178, and He-176., both as early as in 1939. The guy was a fucking genius.

They revolutionised air warfare. Who needs air superiority when you have ballistic missiles?

How are you going to get those missiles off the ground when your missile sites have been bombed to fuck because you failed to maintain air superiority, you stupid fuck? Real life isn't video games where you spam one tech and win.

This might surprise you, but to get to space you usually have to go through the air.

*teleports around drag at transonic speeds*

Without Goddard's rocket design work, jet engines would not exist.

What did Goddard do that led to jet engines being possible.

>western "engineers"
>not overpriced an overcomplicated crap

i thought that was a paper airplane at first

Don't make me post it.

There are some pretty weird prototypes out there.

Americans really are dumb

JUST LOOK AT THIS GUY,

>he's proud being stupid on the internet

aircraft rely on an atmosphere to stay up, thus "aircraft".
spaceships don't.

americans invented both so you can kys dumb yuropoor.

Without our V2 you americans will just be like africa, Stupid as it gets,

Don't take everything as your own invention, Mcburger, Without Us, your country is fucking NOTHING,

>Without our V2
>our
Not him, but either way, the first liquid fuel rocket was invented by an American, Robert Goddard. Every successful German rocket was built on Goddard's designs and Von Braun even admitted as much. Your argument bombed harder than the U.S. bombed Dresden, Hamburg, Berlin, Kassel, Mainz, etc.

I know Mikoyan was actually talented, but isn't it true that he got his job because his brother was one of the founders of the revolution that didn't get PURGED by Stalin?

sukhoi>mikoyan t b h

he was a carpenter who got accepted into military school and got involved with aviation, a real entrepreneur of its time
>flaunting ass
slut

Yankee planes are sluttier.

>MiG
>Low weight > Everything else
The MiG-23 and 31 are cool, even if the 23 is a deathtrap I'll give MiG that.

You do know that Mikoyan, the important one, supported the Hungarian revolution against the nomenklatura.

Look at how BEAUTIFUL this is

Mig k/d ratios were fucking laughable
Rissian planes a shit

im sure your dead grandad will agree

Missiles aren't spaceships, brainlet.

Whoever made this forgot 0.5 kills for the F-15

>0.5 kills for the F-15
what did he mean by this

Here's a helpful diagram.
Setting: Iraq 1991
>EF-111 is doing electronic warfare stuff
>EF-111 is unarmed
>MiG-23 gets behind it
>F-15 gets called over to deal with MiG
>F-111 tries to lose MiG
>MiG tries to lose F-15
>Conga line of fighters
>Bennyhill.awacs
>EF-111 has nifty ground tracking radar which can be used to dive to a certain height
>EF-111 crew sets it for minimum height, tells the F-15 its plan, and dives towards the ground
>MiG follows F-111 down
>MiG doesn't have nifty radar
>EF-111 pulls out of dive 200 feet off the ground
>MiG doesn't
>Splat
>F-15 and EF-111 share a kill

those absolute madmen

two different places dumbass

>migs

lol

?

I'm retarded, two different planes...

>no Sukhoi
Convenient.

Ahh yes, the meme spin that completely kills kinetic energy, and is thus utterly useless for actual aerial combat.

you're still retarded, or possibly ESL.
not that there's much difference.

how
many
layers

lmao

Kurt Tank

>Kurt Tank comparable to Clarence Johnson
"No".

Remind me who of the two designed the Fw 190.

That's what I thought.

>comparable to Clarence Johnson
outta my way kraut fucking shits
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_Johnson_(engineer)#Aircraft_contributions

Anal slut.

Planes < Missles

Planes > Missiles

whynotboth.jpg