Has there ever been a religion as strict and absolute as Wahhabism?

Has there ever been a religion as strict and absolute as Wahhabism?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madkhalism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Saudi_Arabia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lutheranism

Saudis are peak degenerates supposedly there is a massive gay scene in Riyadh because none of the teenaged boys are allowed to interact with women. Then again a literal faggot blogger claimed this so I guess take it with a grain of salt.

it's really a meme that wahhabism adds that much to islam

it sure doesn't have a bright history but it doesn't add much.

Not a religion (because China is weird like that) but Legalism.

>Then again a literal faggot blogger claimed this so I guess take it with a grain of salt.

I mean wouldn't a fag be the most qualified on the state of a gay scene?

Except liberals have been hiding the extreme right wing actions on Islam for almost a decade now.

Saudi Arabia is no longer a Wahhabi state, it is currently a Madkhali state.

Throughout history, all Abrahamic religions were as strict (if not stricter) as Wahhabism is.

>hiding the extreme right wing actions on Islam for almost a decade now.
Well they're doing a shitty job of it

Sunni Islam is, I really don't know why people start calling it wabi this last years, almost seem they want to defend Islam for some reason.

Since you are speaking about Abraham religions, can you give me one, just one example of a christian or Jewish stricter sect?

Perhaps most significantly, he restored the practice of democratic elections.[41] Cassius Dio said that this act "though delighting the rabble, grieved the sensible, who stopped to reflect, that if the offices should fall once more into the hands of the many ... many disasters would result".[42]

During the same year, though, Caligula was criticized for executing people without full trials and for forcing his supporter Macro to commit suicide.[43]

>Madkhali
Except it's not. Saudi Arabia still officially and largely is a wahhabist stronghold.

For now, death penalty opponents are aiming to limit its use by first abolishing the sentence against non-violent crimes. China currently has 55 offenses that are punishable by death -- the most in the world. Of these, 31 are non-violent offenses. But in the long term, death penalty opponents have a much higher aim: to completely overhaul the way the practice is judged in Chinese society.

Just read the old testament? Stands to reason that at one point it was considered literal word of God and as such law

wahhabiya is is quite different from mainstream sunni islam, even though the boundaries are getting more and more blurred as saudis propagate their ideology around the world with the help of oil money and as uneducated sunnis go to saudi arabia to study islam and take their views back home thinking this is "authentic islam"

one notable example is that wahhabis don't accept any kind of ritual reverence paid to holy men or the prophet and his companions out of fear that this would be idolatry, whereas normal sunnis celebrate the birthday of the prophet and venerate popular saints at their local shrines. when the wahhabis took power in the hejaz they destroyed thousands of old graves etc. even the grave of the prophet himself.

basically, they won't accept islam as it is practiced, they only accept their own autistic fantasy of what it should be like.

>Go read a fucking book, reeeee
I asked you to name one stricter sect for me, is this too hard for you?

In their view of society, Sunnis and Wabis are almost identical.

Except it's not. You clearly no nothing about the Wahhabi movement and the views of the religious establishment of Saudi Arabia.

>christian

The Puritans

>Jewish

The Zealots, the Sicarii and the Haredi Jews

*You clearly know nothing

Egyptian Christianity is often rumored to traditionally be very strict because of the hermits and Origen's mutilation.

But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell. (Matthew 5:22)

>The puritans
You've being reading a lot of propaganda, puritans were harsh but they were far from modern Islam. They were able to live in a non puritan society without declaring a holy war.

Yes it is, I'm not a theologist nor have I even been baptized. I was just interested in the subject and happen to have read the old testament through and through and assumed you had too. It's pretty brutal with all the laws

I know it is brutal, but Christians don't follow it, nor Muslin. Had you read the "Sunnas" or the Quran? Old testament is a child play near.

Most modern Muslims are pretty liberal in comparison with the Puritans

In movies and TV, maybe.

Most Muslin follow the Quran and the sunnas, if you follow 5% of it, you will be less liberal than the puritans.

>stoned and burned alive for not wearing a burqa
Fucking christians.

i'm not the person you're replying to but

"Though originating in Saudi Arabia, the movement lost its support base in the country and has mostly been relegated to the Muslim community in Europe,[7] with most Saudi Arabians not taking the edicts of Madkhalists seriously.[8]"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madkhalism
the descendants of abd al-wahhab are still the second most influential family in SA and they control all religious institutions. their name today is Al ash-Shaykh, i.e. "the family of the sheikh", which shows that abd al-wahhab is still respected as the single significant religious authority in SA

She wasn't burnt alive, she was dead by the time they finished stoning her.

Nazi human experimentation was a series of medical experiments on large numbers of prisoners, including children, by Nazi Germany in its concentration camps in the early to mid 1940s, during World War II and the Holocaust. Chief target populations included Romani, Sinti, ethnic Poles, Soviet POWs, disabled Germans, and most prominently of all, Jews from across Europe.

We are not talking about it, holocaust is bad but it's isn't strict.

>which shows that abd al-wahhab is still respected as the single significant religious authority in SA

His descendants are, but if he was alive today he would definitely declared the current king of Saudi Arabia and most members of its religious establishment to be apostates who should be killed

Nice propaganda, protties. Don't think that you will get away with minimizing the crimes of the Puritans against thousands of Christians

Those medical experiments, as bad as they were, helped further the field of medicine. Including the medical experiments conducted by unit 731 of imperial Japan at the same time, which involving a lot of chemical weapons testing on Chinese prisoners. What's the difference between them and the Nazi's? Nothing, but the data collected by unit 731 was valuable for the US government, so they ignored the war crime.

You are to one interest in a cull that don't exist for 200 years. I really care for a worse expanding cult today, but you are too busy being a fedora and showing the world the evil of Christianity.

I'm a Catholic, you retarded prottie

They be rational, puritans were bad, really bad, but modern Islam is worse, compare both only make Islam look better.

*then
I know you hate puritans, with reason, but you should learn about Islam before comparing both.

Modern Islam is infinitely better. Even ISIS, which is definitely not representative of the modern Islam, hasn't killed nearly as many Christians as the Puritans have.

They had a chance? They killed 100% of Christians in their territory, like Saudi Arabia did, like the new "Muslims Democracies" will do.

This is a generic muslin country, without a secular dictator:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Saudi_Arabia

>They killed 100% of Christians in their territory, like Saudi Arabia did, like the new "Muslims Democracies" will do.

Top kek, you do realize that Islam mandates its followers to allow Christians to peacefully live in the Islamic state as long as they pay a special tax called jizya, right? Genocide of Christians is not the goal of Muslims or even ISIS for that matter. There are millions of Christians living in Saudi Arabia. I wonder why so many Christians immigrate to this country if they are so "oppressed" there.

Read this guy link

Yeah Puritans and Anabaptists are possibly stricter because at least Wahhabis don't prohibit the use of technology. Everything else they shun would be agreed on by fundamentalist Christians and Jews.
There's also Jainism. The Manichaean lifestyle for the clergy was pretty strict.

C*tholicism

That painting is definitely not of Hypatia.

No I have not.

Apologies for my arrogance fueled sperg out.

Jainism

Anabaptists do no such thing. One of my professors is an anabaptist (Mennonite). Not a denouncer either, he still holds to his baptism.

Calvinism is pretty strict. But the only punishment is exile from the community rather than having your hand chopped off. The whole