What was Veeky Forums like back in 2014-15 when btc was down to 200?

What was Veeky Forums like back in 2014-15 when btc was down to 200?

there was literally ONE crypto general thread

the rest of the threads were about actual business and finance

Can confirm.

I don't think Biz was even around back then was it?

My memory is super blurry but I recall biz being pretty recent...

there used to be lots of coiner vs. nocoiner fights. "nocoiners, this is literally your last chance to get in under $x!"

looks like the coiners have won...for now.

it was glorious

far fewer faggots

People were actually ambitious highschool students, in college, recent graduates, and entreprenurs or professionals.

Now it's like 30% NEETs making threads asking how much money they need for a "gf", 50% coiners who are only here for the purposes of coining, 20% people making dumb ass miscellaneous threads all the time

WTF? bUSINESS? Finance? Buy ANS and just ride it.

Literally half of the threads were kids asking how to turn 100 dollars into 10k by the end of the month.

Not that many. It was mostly kids discussing legit ideas and sometimes actually coming up with something quite smart.

>coming up with something quite smart
>on Veeky Forums

No fucking chance kiddo

this. that general was shit.

I wish there would be more discussion about other investments besides stocks and real estate. I don't at all feel comfortable putting large sums of money into the current priced stock markets. It'd be great to see more discussion about private equity or providing financing to supply chain businesses.

This used to be one of the most boring boards on this website and only faggots will deny this

What do you want/expect you are literally on a mongolian basket weaving forum... Veeky Forums as a whole is full of college/HS students, NEETs or wagecucks tired of literally making next to nothing. I am 25 work as a HR and still have to work 8 years without spending a dime to buy a apartmant that is relativly shity.

Forex takes to much cash upfront and you are one news away from a margin call if you dont play concervative, most people lose money on the market the ones that dont get 5% on average. The amount of time some goy said something retarded to panic the market only for it to return to the mean 2 hour later is often ... and your stop loss gets hit just before reversal.

Stock is no better... we all know cola,google,facebook... sure get your 3% anual increase you might just get passive income by the time the nurse starts changing your adult dipper. Pennystocks are just as bad as crypto one day +100 the next - 1000%

For better or worse crypto is the FAD its mostly going up and new and hip new developing tech... there is is big chance to make some decent %... even the shitiest coin give you a chance to break even once awhile.
And daytraders do manage to make 10x if they are good and lucky. Sure beats that 5% in forex.

As for what biz was before coins mostly topics saying that if your not in steem you should kys. Rarely there was actual starting buizness because Veeky Forums is poor guys and galls. Some dropshiping and penny stocks and the how to turn 1c in 100 bucks in 1 hour (with a kneepads picture as responce)

Yep, Veeky Forums started as a crypto board in March 2017 when the glorious ETH pump went underway.

Newfags keep pretending it used to be a forum for normie business & finance just to fit in. Here's a tip, losers: title has no relevance to actual board culture. /r9k/ is in fact not filled with original content, and most /pol/ posters are leftists.

Been browsing biz since it started. Basically one or two threads on the front page talking about bitcoin, a lot more skepticism. When it reached 1000 people were going nuts and then when it tanked everyone was either laughing their ass off or posting that they didn't know what to do because they put their student loans on it and were now down +50%.

Kind of interesting really, if I remember correctly, biz was just to get bitcoin/cyrpto spam off of /g/.

I sure as hell don't know why I still browse here, I guess I find it entertaining and a fun way to kill time on a commute or wait. It has also been interesting to see discussions evolve further into crypto. I'm surprised I still don't see at least 1 thread discussing viable college majors, that's how much attention crypto has gained on here

Salty nocoiner. All you had to do was listen. Why do you hate free money?

>cont from my wall of text

The most buisness related topic is how user started a lawn mowing buisness and hired his first worker. Which was a nice story but working only for the suburban states...

A user got a shit truck for cleaning toilets/clogs but never wrote again.

I once made a topic about my beehive farm and the problems(my personal mental onces worker related (old guys working for me when i was 20 years younger) and trying to sell the honey and other stuff) i had with it. It turned in to a QA for 2 hours (which was fun since i like to write walls of text in the middle of the night)... that was 3 years ago. And guess what i did not become rich if i still have to wagecuck a 9-5 and manage a 400 hive buisness on the weekends.

Some guys that went to trade school hop from time to say its great but come on can you be a plummer when you are 65 or a carpenter... and the EU keeps talking about increasing the retiremend age (east eu fag here).

All the things user take a lot of work and time and give penies in return. And Veeky Forums wanta to be the guy that bough BTC at 10c and went for a walk and when he came back btc was 6k and bought a lambo

If it's free can you send me some?

Veeky Forums is a very trafficked website user... It is no surprise that there is sometimes brilliant ideas on here, especially on a business section.

>most /pol/ posters are leftists.
hmm

This is still the case

I don't really consider "How do I become a millionaire investing the $100 my grandmother gave me for my birthday?" threads and people showing off their 6 oz of silver to be a real discussion of 'business and finance', but whatever kind of revisionism makes you feel better.

Veeky Forums has always been a process of sifting through shit looking for gems. The only difference is it used to be stuff other than cryptos on this general.

There actually were quite a few threads about investing in stocks though, that I do remember.

quality post