I`m new to this board and interested in what you guys do

I`m new to this board and interested in what you guys do.

How do you guys here make money?
How do I get into investing?

>take all your money
>put it all on Litecoin
>?????
>profit

everybody here collects fake coins represented by cute logos.

hope this helps

also when pink wojak is high, buy buy buy

New here too. So far ive learned im a fucking idiot and everyone here wants a lambo on the moon.

I could point you at Coinbase and suggest a bunch of shitty trades next week when you've finally got btc, but I grow tired of this dance. Just give me your money.

it's real simple:

buy the dip
sell the peak
and hodl the rest of the time

Bitbean. The new paradigm.

How do I go about investing / buying / selling different coins?

we are the digimarines

This board isn't what It used to be, it's culture was completely changed in the last two months.

Anyway, this board is basically 99% crypto. It used to be 50%

how much would you say is a good start up investment i am thinking of putting in $500 in the next 2-3 weeks but i am worried I might lose out on ANS everyone is saying its rising fast

Alright OP, let's make this simple:

Stocks/bonds and the like, or cryptocurrencies?

As you've noticed, most of this board is DEEPLY into cryptocurrencies because you can become rich off of them FAR faster than the former (which is more secure and traditional).

I have considered investing in stocks but I decided to seek out the 'vast wealth of knowledge' on this website. I honestly do not know which route I want to go down, stocks or crypto, how would I get started in each?

Unless you go into options or some really shitty penny/biotech shitstocks (that are more a fucking scam than cryptocurrencies btw) you'll grow gray hair before you've made any kind of money.

Sign up for coinbase and buy a few bitcoin. Send them to bitmex and go 100x margin on bitcoin and pray the momernt you hit buy that the bullrun to $10k starts

and 50% college major threads, but I haven't seen one of those for months.

I guess I should be thankful, those are mostly bullshit

>he came to Veeky Forums hoping for trading advice

Not really, there was some really funny and creative threads on old Veeky Forums. Now this seems like /pol/ economics edition

just lurk...no one is gonna spoonfeed you. Always question anything said here and the motives behind it.

Here, in the world of piranhas, only the sharks survive.

I'll suck your dick for 1 dgb op

Answer's always the same: don't risk what you can't afford to lose. That's a different number for everyone.

I put in several grand several years ago. Now i have about 50k. So, i can afford to lose 50k. Don't bet your rent and don't bet your car payment.

Also, i only play btc and eth. not that that matters

How much time until I can trade coins? If I registered now, counting on, 1 week?

Also, do i pay transaction fees if i go from btc to eth from eth to ants, dgb, bitbean or whatever? Or am I "taxed" by the platform only when I cash out?

Looking for low money income, so if I profited 300usd in a month, would I have to pay taxes?

For stocks, you'd need to open an account with a brokerage. Which one depends on your particular needs, how much you intend to put in, how often you want to buy/sell/trade, etc.

My standard recommendations are Robinhood (mobile-based, caters to millennials, no brokerage fees, mainly just for buying stocks with no bells/whistles/extra resources) and Vanguard (mainly specialized with index funds, which track the market, and mutual funds, which are baskets of assets grouped together).

You can use the website Investopedia to start learning terms and definitions, as well as their paper trading stock market simulator to get some practice in.

If you want to start crypto, that's a whole different story. (cont).

I run 2 online business, make apps, do youtube, stream on twitch, have a web development commission shop, use Robinhood, invest in shitcoins.

I took the shotgun approach.

Research.

There are golden opportunity threads up right now for shitcoins.

100x margin! Holy shit.

With crypto, you need an account at one of the crypto brokerages (Gemini, Coinbase, Kraken) or via Localbitcoins. Or a Bitcoin ATM if you live near one. Making an account can take awhile (due to know your customer regulations and the verification process).

Once you have an account, you can primarily buy Bitcoin and Ether (the two primary cryptos). To buy others, you need an account at one of exchanges (Bittrex, Poloniex, etc) and send Bitcoin/Ether there. From then, you can buy and sell.

The collective wisdom of Veeky Forums can be summed up "buy high sell low"

In the US, capital gains tax on sale.

Wanna join crypto youll jump out when you see your money getting saturated

wise words thanks bro ima just have fun with it as a hobby lets see where i can take it but i am pretty determine to make some big profit if possible

I have a free sub from amazon prime. Let me know your twitch and I'll subscribe.