Did black people play any important role in the eastern front of WWI?

Did black people play any important role in the eastern front of WWI?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_Battalion
visit-potsdam.de/2004/01/elo-sambo-kesselpauker/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>eastern front
None of the fighting countries had any blacks so no

Only those people who magically became black when they shaved their head

>None of the fighting countries had any blacks
This nigga serious?

Why is everyone calling that girl black?

Haven't you fuckos seen a butch Slav chick before? Especially when shaved? Jesus Christ.

Are you blind? she has white skin

bu-bu-but muh black German recon class

T. Amerimutt

I didn't say she was white, I said that she has white skin, like Slavs

shit, they're going to make the bolsheviks the good guys aren't they

>France
>eastern front

bolsheviks did not fight in wwi idiot. look at op's pic and tell me if it says "in the name of the revolution"

>EASTERN FRONT
Can this nigga even read?

>he's a tsarfag

please kys

Are there seriously black germans and russians in the game?

>he think the only alternative to Bolsheviks is the Tsar

Take your own advice.

>germans
Yes
>russians
no, people are just freaking out about op's picture which has a slavic woman who is standing in front of a light source.

Why not question why there's no nazis in the game while you're at it.

>t.I do not know that small contingents of western allied forces fought in the Eastern Front/Russia.jpg
Veeky Forums

It's clearly a white woman.

the womens battalions didnt come into the war until after the revolution

the whole DLC is fucking retarded

>small contingents
When they hardly sent any men, it is very doubtful they sent a single black combatant

>first a black guy on the cover
>now a woman

What did they mean by this?

There were two revolutions, dumbass, the one that forced the Tsar to Abdicate, and the foundation of the provisional government. That was when Womens Battalions showed up.

Viral marketing.
All publicity is good publicity.

Means you need to read more history.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_Battalion

no february revolution was followed a few days later by the establishment of th provisional government. a bolshevik revolution destroyed the provisional government in october the same year

No.

>lets have a couple of thousand women and blacks represent millions of white men

Yes dickhead, the womens battalion was founded after the first, so the tsar had abdicated, making the title of the DLC fucking retarded

>X thing didn't happen in history (like Black German soldiers in Europe)
/pol/ rage.
>Y thing did happen in history (like the edgy Women's Battalion of Death in the last days of Imperial Russia)
/pol/ STILL rages lmao.

And? Gimmicky abstractions are literally what define video games

>Did black people play any important role in the eastern front of WWI?
You already know the answer is no, why bother making a thread?

BF1 is trash in almost every aspect except visuals and audio design.

Except user back there insists Women's Battalions were Bolsheviks.

The Bolsheviks didn't pull off the one that abdicated the tsar. In addition they were for ending Russia's part in the war, while the Wimmins Battalions wanted to join in. They even fought each other.

Why are people so mad they put in a black dude for a WW1 game? Their numbers may have been small but they did participate.

It doesn't mean you should put them in every game but if it rarely happens then I don't see where all the autist rage is coming from.

>Except user back there insists Women's Battalions were Bolsheviks.
No, i didn't, i never once said that.

They have blacks in the German army on the western front which outright didnt happen.

This is why I hate "realism" in videogames, first because most of the time they can't really pull it off, and second, even when manage something it comes out half-assed and silly.

If they wanted to make it truly fun they should have thrown away Realizm and just go full scifi fantasy with all sorts of crazy stuff.
Then I can be a muscular redheaded French girl in power armor killing hordes of German werewolves and steampunk robots with dual miniguns.

racism backed by some history autism
Yeah, German African regiments never set foot outside of Africa, but they did exist and this gave dice enough of an excuse to put blacks in the German campaign.
The rest is "BUT I DON'T WANT TO PLAY AS ANOTHER RACE."

Battlefield 1 is full sci-fi fantasy

They're in the multiplayer.

It would be alright if they were in their colonial uniforms but theyre not.

>Battlefield 1 is full sci-fi fantasy
Except it isn't "full" at all. That's the problem
It's a "low level" alternate history that is still stuck being "realistic".
I doesn't even fully take advantage of all the possibilities that period had to offer, like all the prototypes and weapons initially intended for WWI.

The multiplayer would have been awfully boring if it held strictly true to WWI history anyways.

looks like a russian woman whose face is covered in dirt

Ever tried Verdun?

yeah, its shit and even deader than bf1

I disagree: it wouldve been unique.

How many shooters do you reckon have only single shot bolt action rifles and not automatic faggotry that allows even a kid to score?

>that allows even a kid to score?
You know that you are talking about a game, donĀ“t you?

Ha no, there's a reason rifle only servers are so popular and games like red orchestra are too. And why do you think theres such a demand for proper trench maps.

It's just ADHD kids like you that cant feel entertained without 60 round imaginary SMGs

Anyway they could have easily made it much more authentic without changing the nature of battlefield. Assault could have you choose between pistols or smgs/shotguns and bags of grenades, medic should be renamed rifleman and have infantry rifles (which get buffed) or semi autos, support should have LMGs which actually kill people in less than 1000 bullets, and scout should be sniper and have scoped rifles only with scopes more like in Red Orchestra with double rendering and generally harder to use

You say that like the bolt action rifles aren't high tier and half the automatic weapons don't have a higher time to kill for some reason. I swear LMGs are just shooting rubber bullets

Yeah.

Except BF1 treats automatic weapons as the "main weapons" while the bolt action rifles - which historically were the main weapons of the day- were just marksmen's rifles.

Really just makes me feel like I'm just playing a weird WWiI shooter.

They should honestly just have went for the ww2 scenario instead

It is still a video game, and that carries its own baggage. Like with assault, as you pointed out it should have been shotguns, but assault rifles had to be included because its a video game and how people expect shotguns to work in video games. People react badly when a shotgun can actually hurt you when fired more than a couple yards away. For example, Destiny's community got its panties all wadded up because shotguns didn't fire cotton candy.
I never really got that feel, but I rarely ever played assault.

Just making excuses, people will play it no matter what, no one would bitch or whine if they made it 15% more realistic, DICE were just too afraid of changing the formula, the game is basically a reskin, they're so afraid of alienating people by changing the setting that they didnt portray the setting even 1% authentically. And they're so obsessed with showing the unknown conflicts of WW1 that they never show the famous conflicts of WW1. And this is educating this generation of youth about WW1.

Americans do realise there are other non-white races, right?

E.g. When people were complaining about the "lack of diversity in the Witcher 3". They didn't mean asians, arabs, indians, polynesians or what have you. Immediately what came to mind was the lack of black people, specifically African-American looking black people.

>Lawrence of Arabia
>Red Baron
>Galipoli
>early tank warfare
>unknown

come on, stop spewing shit out your ass, and this is only talking about the single player. Stuff like the Lost Battalion and Verdun are represented in multiplayer maps. A lot of the early WWI battles weren't included because the french were decided to be DLC for some reason and the Brits already had all but one story mission centered around them. Throw an American mission in there and you would be complaining about how Americans barely fought in the war. The only unknown conflict they focused on was the alps, which no one cares about because >italians and austrians

Dice is swedish

None of those are major battles of WW1 barring galipoli

There were a lot of blacks in Russian empire. They were former slaves from territories conquered from Ottomans and even formed Black Cossack Voisko. Many of them made brilliant careers at Czars Court. The commandant of Reval (now Tallinn) for instance was a Black man, grand-grandfather of prominent Russian poet Pushkin. Some say that even today many Estonians has slightly tanned skin compared to their neighbors. Black battalions fought valiantly in Prussia and Galitsia, many cavaliers of Cross of Georgy were black people. They played prominent role in Russian revolution, saving Jews from pogroms and peasants from starvation. Maly Sovnarkom even appointed Red-Black Cossak Mumbak Tereschenko as personal bodyguard of Lenin. There was also considerable Mulatto community, during Civil War they fought for independence under program 'Beat whites until they are black, beat blacks until they are white'. In 1930s Stalin exiled into Siberia and killed many blacks and their once-thriving community was decimated. In 1991 many of them emigrated to USA and the numbers of them dwindled earlier. Now they numbers are very low.

When you make the sniper class black you make 50% of the force black because everyone plays sniper

And that black military man's name was...

Gannibal.

No, seriously, you read that right. As if two sides of Veeky Forums had reached into real history and tried to style him as Hannibal or Cannibal. Does it amuse?

Gannibal wasn't in WW1, he lived in the 18th Century.

Yes, well, I was just talking general negroes-in-russia history, and ignoring the OP topic. Because nothing good can come of it.

Yes.

>Sheeeeiiit

>swedish

All of these SJW shits are making sense now

>woman
Even worse

>five black
>eastern front
>relevant for the western front
Pick one then kiss

She's not black

Please stop this meme

Looks like girl from the movie, just with shadow and dirt

fucking swedes

They had professional eyebrow pluckers in soviet russia?

Why are whitebois so triggered by diversity?

They know they can't compete with the BBC.

somehow I knew that battlefield 1 would just be one racial revision after the other until WW1 is as diverse as the cast of a cable sitcom and further that it would take too many liberties and fail to capture the WW1 feel, and I was right ok both fronts.

People don't realize that by revising history your are erasing the reasons why minorities had to fight for their rights in the first place, you're trying to make them forget or you're teaching children that these weren't problems 100 years ago. History is a whitewash but trying to revise that at every opportunity is doing history an injustice. If we forget it's a whitewash then we no longer read about it with that knowledge of the inherent bias and we allow hateful people the moral high ground of actually knowing their history

No. Blacks did not fight all over the world. No, Blacks have not been there in every corner of Europe for every moment of European history. Those who perpetrate this meme do so because of an ideological agenda. Not because of honesty.

It's a video game inspired by the real events.

>inspired

code word for "we have studio heads that want to see some changes"

They were only a small minority so claiming they played an "important role" would probably be overstating it but it's already been shown in this thread that some small number of black fought on the Eastern Front.

See This thread proves no Blacks fought in the Eastern Front.

That's not a Russian uniform

I said some blacks did fight on the Eastern Front. visit-potsdam.de/2004/01/elo-sambo-kesselpauker/

No, it's German.

Imagine Shaka Zulu played by Ryan Reynolds or Mansa Musa played by Christian Bale.

Blacks are yuge market, the developers want to earn a buck and don't give a shit about bunch of dirt poor losers on neo-nazi forums. Instead of whining you must prepare and embrace for more black, hispanic and asian people in every media in every genre.

There's some pretty good evidence that they will introduce a Japanese faction actually.

What i dont get is why don't Call of Duty put China into their new WW2 CoD, blasting the Japanese, they could tap into the massive chinese gaming market and western market at the same time.

>soviet russia
That's where you're wrong, buddy

>no turkish chainmail Ottoman hlemets
>no German Helmet and breastplates
>no French splatterguard visors
>no serious trench clubs/knives

Just bad all-around.

Ernst Junger only encountered about 60 non-Europeans (British Indian soldiers led by a white Briton). They wiped them all in a few seconds. That was all, in all the years and battles he saw.

The white Turks, black Germans and female Russians are ridiculous and pure revisionism and forced normalization of untrue histories, to influence political opinion towards the developers personal biases.

Because Chinese people don't buy games. The video game market is borderline dead in China due to rampant piracy. The only games that make money are MMOS, F2P/P2W, and mobile games.

I don't really think its appropriate for a DLC that has battles spread out over the entire eastern front to be represented by an irrelevant 300-person strong unit with subpar preformance when compared to other russian shock groups

So just so I understand your assertion here, you think that if they're going to include minorities in a WW1 game then they should also include ray guns and other sci-fi/fantasy bullshit?

If they aren't going to treat the setting with respect they might as well go all out

And also westerners aren't going to want to play as chinks.

That's stupid logic. NO historical first person shooter has ever treated wars or events with 1:1 accuracy. Not Battlefield, not ARMA, not CoD, not even Rising Storm- they all make concessions for the sake of fun-factor. Per your thinking the historical shooter genre wouldn't even exist. Quit being assblasted.

Except those are sacrifices made for the sake of gameplay, here we just have history being re-written for the sake of diversity.

>black people
>minorities.
If battlefield has a world wide market pick one. More non-Whites exist than Whites.

>Mumbak Tereschenko
this is all made up

It's got nothing to do with "diversity" or whatever. EA see black Americans as an untapped market and really pushed for the overrepresentation of black people in the game.

t. work in sales and my company had EA as a client

I have absolutely no problem with the women though. I don't work there anymore, I suspect it's still a sales-driven decision, but at least they actually existed, unlike the bizarre Afro-German cavalry troops.

She's not black you fucking mong

Fine, sacrifices made to get more money, same difference