Are modern english people descended from the Anglo-Saxons or are they germanicized Brythonic celts?

Are modern english people descended from the Anglo-Saxons or are they germanicized Brythonic celts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7I9mRsqVSIo
archived.moe/bant/thread/406044/#406044
scotsman.com/heritage/people-places/expert-argues-vikings-carried-redhead-gene-to-scotland-1-3200177
eurogenes.blogspot.com/2017/05/the-bell-beaker-behemoth_10.html
biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/05/09/135962.figures-only
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Both you spastic

As far as I know, modern English people are descended originally from picts, celts, then romans which would have likely been of italian/frankish/germanic origin, then from danish and other northern peoples, then by normans, and thats all I got.

Its a deep mixture.

Are you dumb? It's both

The English are the lost tribe of Hebrews.

Why wouldn't it be both?

As a Bong, my somewhat educated opinion is that it's both. It seems to depend where you are as to which side is more predominant.
I think if the Britons were only Germanicised in culture you would expect to see slightly more Brittonic words and things like that, but the language pretty much left no impact. Some cities have Britonnic predecessors while some do not, too.

Wrong wrong wrong
Genetic testing showed 12 years ago that British is mostly native peoples genes that have been there for 7000s years+, it turns out the series of invaders, thier populations that came over were just too small too make a lasting dent in the locals DNA. They might have ruled them with a small ruling class but it's more like they mixed in with the locals than the other way around genetically.
And holy heck, I'm not one for conperierivsy theories but man has this story been buried under EU and globisit propaganda when I went to find the link to double check, be warey of thier data sources.

I wish I knew how to search for these images because they're hot as FUCK and I always bust a fatty nut when I see them

>it's more like they mixed in with the locals

so both?

>I'm not one for conperierivsy theories but man has this story been buried under EU and globisit propaganda when I went to find the link to double check

Shut up with your stupid wordplay, in context you know what I was saying, the DNA is native locals,

Fascinating.

did they mix or no?

Same. The internet has given society some fucked up fetishes.

youtube.com/watch?v=7I9mRsqVSIo

WE

WERE INDEED

Be honest. You just wanted an excuse to post that pic didn't you?

I just like the lesdom aspect of it plus there's something erotic about the way she holds the other's breast
Idk man I just need someone to start dumping these bitches because I've got a raging bone right now and I'm about to polish the fuck outta this bishop

I entered this thread to save that pic

I want more lewd Veeky Forums

Is there a name for this memetic template?
I want an archive of countries groping countries.

Where is the Norman-Anglo edition?

think its just called tit grab

what's the website for gif'd lewd paintings again?

This

I feel it. I think it's called "country love" or something like that. Look it up on google images or something

WE

WERE IN FACT

dump some

More the latter.

The Anglo-Saxons didn't fully conquer Britain but then for some reason the Britons started cosplaying as Germanics.

The Anglo-Saxons completely conquered England.

>Pilfered celtic potatoes

Anglo-Saxons and Britons cosplaying as Anglo-Saxons completely conquered England.

im also interested in this

Wessex was Brythonic

Posting my bong thread related maps.

Hmm... interesting. That means Celts actually gave rise to the co-master race (Jews being the other one), since Anglos are obviously the top of the European gene pool.

Neither, they're mostly mesolithic hunter-gatherers.

I knew that the Union Jack was the combined flag of England and Scotland, but I always wondered where they got the red diagonal bars, since those aren't in either flag. Turns out they're from Ireland. Where's Wales though? Shouldn't there be a big dragon on there somewhere?

wales was just considered part of england

cheers

Too soon.

Wales was incorporated into England.

What does he have to be so smug about? The English raped the Britons into submission.

They're Britons

They're just like the Turks

>frankish origin
no such thing among Britons

but they never got 'er sheep!

>They're just like the Turks

It's not really that surprising, the native Britons were never a particularly united front, especially post-Roman collapse, and there's marginal evidence that they invited the Angles and the Saxons to Britain in the first place. If they brought stability and stewardship again it's a bit of a no-brainer.

As you wish.

Here's the template, and here's the thread I pulled most of them from:
archived.moe/bant/thread/406044/#406044

HA
Oh gosh, humanity is so nutty

plz post IRL briton girls before thread dies

sweet

Potatoes didn't exist in Europe at that time, they were introduced from the Americas in the 16th and 17th centuries.

It looks more or less like a human being

What is Cumbria
What is Cornwall
What are the fens

Plenty of Brythonic language survivors into the mediaeval period. Also OP the answer is neither. The Welsh are speaking a foreign language just as much as the English are, in all likelihood Celtic influence worked in the exact same way Germanic influence did; most of our ancestors arrived before either group.

Cumbria belonged to Strathclyde Celts who paid tribute to English kings and besides it was part of Scotland not England.
The Cornish kings were likewise subordinate to Wessex.
Lastly the fens were wilderness part of the East Anglian kingdom.

She looks like she could almost be a cousin or half sister to me, didn't realise I was that genetically British.

celtic women can look really good like pic related

or really bad, like pic related

a fine lass

some people are arguing that redhair is actually a scandinavian trait:

scotsman.com/heritage/people-places/expert-argues-vikings-carried-redhead-gene-to-scotland-1-3200177

i guess thats why the debate is ongoing

I'm pretty much a mix of the good and the bad, half my genes are hairy, swarthy, manlets and the other half are average height, pale/freckles, and light hair and eyes. I look really weird with tanned skin and dark curly hair, but I have grey/green eyes and a lot of red and blond facial hairs.

Genetics is strange.

SEMITIC PEOPLES

I'm wondering if it could have mutated separately, or if there is actually one source from somewhere in the middle of Europe, and people have spread all over the continent carrying that gene.

Another thing to note, is that most Scots are the descendants of Irish that migrated there roughly ~1000 or so years ago, and the Pict genes seemed to have all but died out. The Irish were known to have red hair before any Scandinavian incursion into the region with almost certainty, so maybe it's safe to say that the origins and spread of red hair is a lot more complicated than some like to think.

that sounds reasonable

Real name is country love.

Also I have many. Many many.

>tfw I dumped most of those in that thread
LOL.

I'm , btw.

What is that stuff over in Russia?

I'm the most reasonable man in the world.

sounds exhausting

>Lithuania has mixed feelings about it

Come on, Veeky Forums, a huge paper was released on this two weeks ago:
eurogenes.blogspot.com/2017/05/the-bell-beaker-behemoth_10.html
biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/05/09/135962.figures-only
The answer: The first indo europeans to reach britain, the bell beaker folk (proto celts?), genocided the previous inhabitants and are the main source of ancestry for modern-day brits. Subsequent invaders contributed to but did not replace the existing population.

>"...We use these observations to show that the spread of the Beaker Complex to Britain was mediated by migration from the continent that replaced >90% of Britain's Neolithic gene pool within a few hundred years"

I should add that we know very little about the Britons, one of the foremost authorities on pre-Christian British religion (Ronald Hutton) spends four-hundred pages in one of his books basically saying how we cannot say anything meaningful about it. For all serious purposes the history of the English people might as well have started with the first Saxon kingdom, or at the very least the Angle kingdom of Bernicia that included Lindisfarne in the North. It's a misnomer to speak of "England" or "the English" before then.

>They're just like the Turks

kek

Udmurts. To our knowledge, red hair only evolved twice during human history, once in Scandinavia and once in Udmurtia.

lol

>tfw no anglo celtic gf