Fix my budget. my life is a mess

fix my budget. my life is a mess

condo: 2292 (1520 mortgage and prop tax +280 additional payment toward principle + 492 condo fee). 340k FMV with 190k owed on mortgage

phone: 122
electricity: 155 (summer months)
dropbox: 9.99
ufc fight pass: 10.81
comcast: 160 (cable + internet) (am going to dump cable)
amazon prime: 10
monthly cleaning of 2br condo: 150 (2 X 75)
nephew muay thai kickboxing: 140
niece guitar lesson: 100
gas: 40
yearly cost:
home insurance: 1010
motorcycle insurance: 800
auto insurance: 520

discretionary: bars, grocery and restaurants

income: 12377 per month after tax minus 1777 to 401k = 10.6k

i should get rid of my condo right ?

Other urls found in this thread:

mrmoneymustache.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is this a joke? Because top kek if it is

>ufc fight pass

lol kys

Why get rid of the condo? You're cash positive and only using ~19% of your after tax income. Even after all expenses you're only leveraged 40% of your monthly income.

What's the interest rate on your condo? Maybe pay it down more aggressively than +280/month.

Do you have any other debt?

>actually paying for prime
you realize you can make unlimited prime student accounts and cancel the payment

also i would triple the investment on the muay thai kickboxing. you never know when an armed assailant might try to assassinate you.

>phone 122
Jesus christ, I pay 30 dollars a month for unlimted text, 100 talk and 4 gigs of internet.
>Cable
Why the fuck are you watching the trash they feed you?
>cleaning
You cant dump your cum towels on your own?
>Paying your nephews kickboxing
>140 dollars a month
Jesus christ, are they paying Thai ladybos to suck his dick? What the fuck is with that monthly fee.
>Female guitar
>100
Complete waste of money for being female and the fact she can learn that shit on youtube. and its not eve your kids, tell their parents to fork over the cash.
Why are you driving both a motorcyle and a car? Pick one if you cant afford both.

You're doing better than like 95% of Americans...

also, buy a roomba.

why is your phone 122 a month?

Stop wasting YOUR money on your SIBLINGS kids you dumb fuck

condo: 2292 (1520 mortgage and prop tax +280 additional payment toward principle + 492 condo fee). 340k FMV with 190k owed on mortgage

phone: 122

> holy shit I'm on account with my friends and only pay $65

electricity: 155 (summer months)
>jesus christ A/c shouldnt ever be below 77

dropbox: 9.99
> google drive

ufc fight pass: 10.81
> pirate the fights after

comcast: 160 (cable + internet) (am going to dump cable)
>get rid of cable and only use internet

amazon prime: 10
such a scam, the prime items are more expensive any way

monthly cleaning of 2br condo: 150 (2 X 75)
> stoping being a lazy fuck and clean yourself

nephew muay thai kickboxing: 140
> it's good to be nice to your family, but damn son

niece guitar lesson: 100
> find a friend thats good and get taught for free

gas: 40
> ok

yearly cost:
home insurance: 1010
> wow that's insane!

motorcycle insurance: 800
>Jesus, sell the motorcycle. or gid rid of insurance, you're probably going to die of you crah anyway!

auto insurance: 520
>Buy a car in cash and only have liability on a 7k car

discretionary: bars, grocery and restaurants

income: 12377 per month after tax minus 1777 to 401k = 10.6k

>Do you have any other debt?

no other debt. i have 130k cash. was thinking of ether dumping it in vangaurd (equities at ATH tho) or paying off mortgage in next year or so. brother says paying off mortgage doesnt make sense at 3.75% rate

>discretionary: bars, grocery and restaurants
this. get rid of this.

And unless you're banging your niece, get rid of that shit and tell her own parents to pay for that. same with nephew.

>auto and motorcycle seperate
>gas 40$

what..? Use public transport or cut the insurance cost, because you don't use your shit enough to justify that cost.

>monthly cleaning of 2br condo: 150 (2 X 75)

are you fucking kidding me? that's 1k a year because you're fucking lazy? buy a fucking roomba and be done with it.

>dropbox

-_-

>ufc fight pass

-_-

$40/month for apple meme
$60-70 via ting - i use ton of internet

Condos are a joke, get rid of it.
Phone bill is too high, get a reseller like cricket
dropbox why??? Find a free way to do the same thing, don't give them your money.
UFC fight pass? why do you need this? Get rid of it.
Comcast 160 is too much , get just internet and get it cheaper if you can maybe 40-70 per mo
amazon prime: do you really need this?
monthly cleaning: clean your shit yourself you lazy fuck wow
nephew kickboxing: no, what a waste of time, get him some good books for his brain, some exercise equipment for himself, and a gun to learn to shoot things to defend himself. All one time costs.
Niece guitar lesson: NO FUCK NO, youtube has everything you need and its free are you serious?
gas: whatever
insurances: whatever

discretionary: bars - no, grocery - yes, restaurants - no.

Stay poor bro.

Veeky Forums - the only place where a disgusting useless NEET can tell a guy making $150k after taxes to "stay poor"

Never change

You're doing fine. Maybe get rid of the motorcycle, and tell your sister to pay for her own kids. Keep the condo. Maybe try airbnb for extra cash, or rent it out and buy another one.

Dox me if you can faggot

OP go here:
mrmoneymustache.com/

>40/month for apple meme

just get an SE on the cheap and be done with it. You don't need the absolute newest phone anyways.

>$60-70 via ting - i use ton of internet
>I use a ton of internet
>via ting

you're doing it wrong. get an unlimited data plan. shop around.

>the only place where a disgusting useless NEET can tell a guy making $150k after taxes to "stay poor"

This. The faggots on here will tell you you'll end up in the poor house if you don't pick the corn kernels out of your shit and eat them again.

As for the OP:

> Condo
fine, appreciating asset and you seem to be able to handle the payments

> Electricity
depending where you live and the size of your home, this could be reasonable. Some idiot in here said never set your a/c below 77...dude has obviously never lived in the southwest or humid southeast.

> Cable, UFC, Prime, Dropbox
all kinda a waste as there are free alternatives to these things. I got Prime this year, but IMO it only encourages me to buy more shit so I feel like I'm getting the benefit. I only ever would order like 3-4 things on Amazon otherwise. I enjoy prime video though so it's a wash.

> Maid service
waste of time/money unless you have a job where you're literally never home and it would make more sense to work instead of take the time to clean your condo

> Niece, nephew
fuck 'em...family will ultimately be huge leeches on your life. It's a hard tie to sever, but you need to establish boundaries

> Gas
fine, you actually don't pay too much for gas so I wouldn't be worried about it

> Motorcycle and auto insurance
Payments are pretty low, but do you really need both?

You earn a high salary (assuming you leave in a reasonable COL area) and you're contributing to your 401k and have 130k liquid...you're doing fine and don't really NEED to fix anything. My biggest issue is with your liquid cash...unless you're saving for a downpayment, you only need 6-12 months of living expenses (NOT SALARY) and put the rest of that money to work for you in a brokerage account or IRA.

cool you just gave the same exact advice I gave
i hope taking shots at a random collection of text on your computer screen made you feel good though

I used ting when I first got a phone in high school/early college. It only makes sense if you're very light on internet usage.

Get an unlimited plan and save money already, user.

thank you

You're doing fine OP. There's really nothing wrong with your budget.

People who think these prices are obscene are getting $200 rent for their mom's basement.

Buy Antshares.

>depending where you live and the size of your home, this could be reasonable. Some idiot in here said never set your a/c below 77...dude has obviously never lived in the southwest or humid southeast.

I live in Austin TX faggot I know what heat is, your body gets used to it over time

>My biggest issue is with your liquid cash...unless you're saving for a downpayment, you only need 6-12 months of living expenses (NOT SALARY) and put the rest of that money to work for you in a brokerage account or IRA.

i was going to buy more real estate, but that hasnt panned out. was thinking of putting it in brokerage acount - but afraid we are at ATH before a huge correction or crash. so not sure what to do there. but you are right cash drag is bad

>yearly cost:
>home insurance: 1010
>> wow that's insane!

yes im getting raped on home insurance. will change.

so in sum:

1. drop paying for niece/nephew
2. clean my own shit
3. find unlimited lower cost data plan for mobile
4. put cash in vanguard fund
5. find new home insurance provider
6. drop cable
7. stop going out to eat and drink

What area of the country do you live in and what is your profession?

Reason I ask is because some of this advice is dependent on that.

> t. financial advisor

i live in texas; am an moderately successful atty at a big firm

I encourage you to make yourself a balance sheet, cutting liabilites, boosting income, buying assets, and focusing on net worth

Who dis?

rose mciver

unless I'm doing the math wrong you're saving well over 50% of your monthly income. how is your life a mess exactly?