Everyone in the ancient world was an atheist

>Everyone in the ancient world was an atheist
What did he mean by this?

I was waiting for this thread.

didn't watch the video but isn't it obvious that people who are newborn will not believe in any deities when they start to grow unless they are taught?

DELET THIS ATHEIST

>shoes are atheists

Well yeah, babies are pretty stupid and have zero life experience so no wonder.

People will make up deities and spirits on their own as explanations for everyday things they don't understand, or as fantasies, or to give themselves hope, or for myriad other reasons. I don't think belief in God(s) or spirituality necessarily has to be taught. Of course in practice it always is because humans teach their children traditions and pass down culture.

Also
>lindybeige

>shoes are alive and sapient
Nice reading comprehension faggot

DELET THIS

>The ancient world was entirely populated by newborns.

It was

did he really say that?

lindybeige really has lost it now

lol

newborns also shit themselves

People can't believe in God who is Jesus before Jesus who is God was born. Seems logical to me.

Being ignorant of God and not believing in him are not the same thing. Infants don't know enough to have any conclusions about the divine. They are effectively pre sentient.

Ignorant atheists are still atheists.

you're repeating yourself

That would make you agnostic, not atheist.

You can't be an atheist if you have no concept of God. A 2 month old literally cannot have an opinion about the divine.

reminder that Lindybeige claims:

>no one used swords, axes
>no one used horses
>no one used throwing knives
>no one used double strap arm shields
>no one used scythes
>no one used mail coifs
>no one used torches
>Pikemen didn't fight each other
>no one spoke French during the French revolution
>no one spoke Latin during the Roman Republic
>battle of Zama didn't happen
>Romans carried one pilum
>Vikings weren't real
>berserkers weren't real
>climate change isn't real
>stagnant social mobility isn't real
>castles were defended by three soldiers
>butted mail is better than riveted mail
>operation market garden was a success
>Napoleon was literally Hitler
>The Churchill was the best tank in WWII
>The English won the Hundreds Years' War
>british naval guns on Malta could lanuch projectiles into space

why can't he stick to intrinsically british subjects, like good yeomanry, and bashing the french?

>no one used scythes
Yes to a degree
Yes to the fullest degree

How does that even relate to the OP post?

t. von Metternich

No, it's not obvious. In fact, it's not uncommon at all for kids to create imaginary friends and gods are just imaginary friends that people don't outgrow.

>gods are just imaginary friends that people don't outgrow.
TIPS
I
P
S

>people still watch this clickbait shit

The absolute madman

Yes, they're also illiterate.

I mean I hate Lindybeige, but some of those are just strawmen. Fuck this pasta.

all babies are born muslim

God is an innate idea for humans.

Humans are pattern-seeking, big whoop.

>life experience makes you believe in Zeus
>being smart makes you believe in Ares

Its obvious thing. All newborns are atheists. Also, most of primeval tribes were too stupid and busy to create and execute developed cult.

You can't be a theist either.

He means that he's an idiot, and he's warning you that listening to him is a complete waste of your time.

He's referring to Ancient Rome

Also pic related

Is this the youtube shitposting thread? Has HC always. Talked. Like this. In. His - videos, or is it just in his latest one?

>John Aubrey was one of the first to examine the site with a scientific eye in 1666, and recorded in his plan of the monument the pits that now bear his name
>The most accurate early plan of Stonehenge was that made by Bath architect John Wood in 1740.
>William Gowland oversaw the first major restoration of the monument in 1901

Typical bullshit.
1665 - nobody knows (locals doesnt remember).
1666 - OMG IT WAS HERE.
1740 - YEA< IT WAS DEFINETELY HERE.
1901 - FUCK, LETS FINALLY CONSTRUCT IT.

>Archaeologists believe it was constructed from 3000 BC to 2000 BC. The surrounding circular earth bank and ditch, which constitute the earliest phase of the monument, have been dated to about 3100 BC. Radiocarbon dating suggests that the first bluestones were raised between 2400 and 2200 BC,[2] although they may have been at the site as early as 3000 BC.

source: memepedia

>inb4 WIKIPEDIA!!!?????

Lindybeige is an autistic bad teeth Brit bong who has no children and is not married despite almost being 50.

>He doesn't own a cellphone or car.
>He plays D&D and other garbage table top games.
>Thinks the MG32 is shit compared to the Bren gun.

The Bren gun dick sucking is more proof that acdemic welfare queens are usually full of shit. Lindy will probably get fucked in the ass daily by goat fucker mudslimes 15 years from now.

>Korean-Finnish war was including one of the greatest ancient event - Siege of Bagdad (9705-9702 BC). Finnish fortress was defending for 3 years, but had been finally destroyed by Korean robo-ninjas.
>First article about Bagdad fortress was published by scientist James Fuckerberg in 2007.
>Detailed plan of fortress was intruduced in National Geographics in 2011.
>Reconstruction started in 2013 by Iraqi architec Al-Rabani.
>Now it is opened for tourists.

what meme is this? I've been missing out

that's what he is saying you fucking retard!
Bloody hell, why are atheists always so fucking dumb but so fucking arrogant?

finno korean hyperwar

Newborns don't, but they also don't have object permanence.

After they move beyond the sensory-motor stage of development they tend towards animistic thinking, asigning intentions and emotions to inanimate objects.

Not really. Atheism it's used by actual academics (or at least people who aren't meme internet apologists) is the positive claim that there is no God. It's sometimes used in a secondary sense to mean someone who merely does not believe, but that would be like describing the primary definition of theism as someone who merely does not believe in the positive claim that no God exists. Irreligion is not the same as atheism, and both are two different things from agnosticism.

Yep. Imagine if Christianity didn't exist, and someone tried to convince you "Hey, 2000 years ago a Jewish carpenter was actually the son of god. The Romans executed him but he died for our sins, man. And then after being dead three days he came back to life and rose up into heaven." You'd think the guy was a schizo. The only reason the vast majority of Christians believe in this crap is because they grew up in a culture where believing in it was prevalent.

yeah, and they'd believe some other bullshit religion. believing in wierd shit is a pretty natural part of being human, and i say this as an atheist. I get superstitious all the time at night

>war on autism
>ongoing
holy fucking kek

Superior intellect right here

you really showed me

I'm confused by this post, are you denying the existence of cults?

You joke, but hitler occupies the place I. The western psyche which was created by napoleon.

>no one used swords, axes
He never claims this
>no one used horses
See above
>no one used throwing knives
He said no one used throwing knives in battle which is true
>no one used double strap arm shields
He never said this he said that double strap arm shields don't provide you with much room to actually move the shield around
>no one used scythes
He said there was no such thing as war scythes which are seen in video games and such. He acknowledges there are accounts of scythes being used in battle but that they were farming tools first and formost
>no one used mail coifs
Never said this either. He said that films and video games portray mail coifs hanging loosely from the head when they would have fit quite snugly around linen padding underneat
>no one used torches
Never claims this
>Pikemen didn't fight each other
Partly. He claimed that pikemen didn't fight other pikemen with their pikes and that the front rows instead likely dropped their pikes and switched to their secondary weapon
>no one spoke French during the French revolution
This is true. French isn't the only language in France you retard
>no one spoke Latin during the Roman Republic
He never claimed this he complained how Roman patricians are always portrayed as speaking Latin to one another when most of them would have spoken to one another in Greek
>battle of Zama didn't happen
He never claimed this

>Romans carried one pilum
Partly true. He didn't state this as fact but theorized it based on the difficulty in carry two pila when a Roman soldier had to carry his all his equipment on top of that instead of one
>Vikings weren't real
He never claimed this he said that vikings were real but that Norseman=/Viking
>berserkers weren't real
There's no evidence outside of Scandinavian literature that vikings ever actually existed
>climate change isn't real
He said that while there is evidence in favor of climate change that much of it isn't conclusive and that global warming is only likely and not established fact
>stagnant social mobility isn't real
That was literally the exact opposite of what he said
>castles were defended by three soldiers
He said that castles weren't garrisoned all the time which is true. Some castles are very, very small and only need very few people to garrison them
>butted mail is better than riveted mail
He said that butted mail is much easier to smith and was therefore probably more common than riveted
>operation market garden was a success
Partly true. He said that it was mostly successful
Partly true. People did see Napoleon as an evil warmonger in his day much as people saw Hitler in his own time and even today
>The Churchill was the best tank in WWII
He said it was the best all round tank. I disagree with him on this
>The English won the Hundreds Years' War
He never said this

>He said that butted mail is much easier to smith and was therefore probably more common than riveted
Thats retarded and actually the exact opposite ourside of japan.

I'm not saying he's right, but I'm saying that what he said was completely different from what the pasta claimed he said.

>when most of them would have spoken to one another in Greek
Source for this?

and it has remained dominant in western culture for 2000 years because it's true