Is there a united German culture without Prussia or has German national identity really been defined by Prussia...

Is there a united German culture without Prussia or has German national identity really been defined by Prussia? What are some historical examples (pre-2945) of Central Germany uniting without Prussia. I've read that the confederation of the Rhine was a thing but don't know much about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*pre-1945.

>German
>People

You idiot, what do you think the early HRE was, they were all Germans until Protestant scum ruined everything

>Venetian is its own nationality
Admit it they're Scythians

No meme answers pls

>Venetian is its own nationality
It was an independent state, right?

Not even close

Enlighten us then.

There was a German nationalism centered around Habsburg austria up until WWI.

Let's take the Kingdoms of Italy and Bohemia, Burgundy and Wallonia as non-German examples.
The fact that Bohemia held an Electorate also disqualifies the idea of the HRE being of German Nation.

Even today Germany has non-Germans in it. Can the HRE be considered a pan-German state with non-German minorities? Sure.

Can the HRE be considered a pan-German state with a non-German electoral nation? Not so sure desu.
Can it be considered a state at all? I really don't think so.

>Can it be considered a state at all? I really don't think so.
Anything past tribal level can be considered a state.

What is the point of haplogroup or DNA autism? Everyone just spergs and posts conflicting poorly sourced maps and it accomplishes nothing

youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY

Taking this definition every town and city can be considered as such, but the main point is the Bohemian electorate.

These autists really need something other than slow ass text-to-speech, it kills the whole thing

user, i wouldnt ask here not a single person has brought up the German Confederation or the Austro-Prussian war its clear no one here knows history.

Until Prussia beat Austria the Germans were expecting an Austrian led Germany.

City-states are a thing. Should we consider some random independent village a state? I guess not. But i'd need to see examples of those throughout history which either aren't A.) A tribe or B.) Connected to some greater government even loosely.

>complains about slow speed
>calls other people autists

It's you German that started it

You had no shame and called us(French and Southern Euros) mongrels but it backlashed on you and turn out that we're INFINITELY PURER THAN YOU

Now suffer by knowing that you're a mongrel and inferior in every way to French

Your defintion of a state is:
>Anything past tribal level can be considered a state.
So you can either stay with this definition or get another one.
If the emphasis is on the can, then we have won nothing with this definiton.
I consider the body controlled by the Souvereign as the state.