en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynocephaly#Saint_Christopher
twitter.com/AnonBabble

obligatory

Who is the saint in your pic, OP?

My main man

Saint Veronica

Saint Thomas More

Saint Christopher: the Christian Atlas

>After Christopher had performed this service for some time, a little child asked him to take him across the river. During the crossing, the river became swollen and the child seemed as heavy as lead, so much that Christopher could scarcely carry him and found himself in great difficulty. When he finally reached the other side, he said to the child: "You have put me in the greatest danger. I do not think the whole world could have been as heavy on my shoulders as you were." The child replied: "You had on your shoulders not only the whole world but Him who made it. I am Christ your king, whom you are serving by this work." The child then vanished.

So that's why he's considered to be the Saint of Travel

My parents named me after him

Venerable Bede

He is the one most people think of because of St. Christopher medals and the story associated with him, but there are other saints associated with travel

St. Anthony the egyptian.
An orthodox priest made this for me when i was born. Im not orthodox myself, he was a friend of my grandfathers.

Roman Catholic here. I love the Orthodox aesthetics so much. That's pretty neat that you got it from the priest. Any particular reason?

Based Bede

Jesuit thread?
Jesuit thread.

I really cant tell much. He was a big name in the orthodox community. All I remember of him is that he lived in a really comfy house in the countryside with lots of books. He made one for my brother too, st. Tobias i think.
I guess it was to honor my grandfather and/or as a blessing. Sadly I dont know about their relationship other than that they were friends.

>"He (Coltrane) received many posthumous awards and recognitions, including canonization by the African Orthodox Church as Saint John William Coltrane"

WTF

W-what did they mean by this?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynocephaly#Saint_Christopher

Basically, they mistranslated the Latin word for "Canaanite" as "Canine".

It is a divine sound, I must say

Lmao