Can we have a thread on good flags, as well as the history of flags?

Can we have a thread on good flags, as well as the history of flags?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pnv5iKB2hl4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sure but why do you have a shit flag for a shit city in a shit state as the first pic?

Cheeseheads BTFO

Much better flag. Why is Wisconsin the worst midwestern state?

>2017
>having your name on your flag
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

We do. Although Ive only ever seen the flag like two times in real life

have fun not making the playoffs

>sign glennon to a multiyear contract
>draft Mitch "Bigger Bust than Jamarcus" Trubisky at No. 2
full JUST mode

Fake and gay

Can confirm. I live in Sint Paul and I didn't know that was our flag.

I'm actually not from Chicago, though my dad is. I rep pic related.

Because fat hairy G*rmans suck

fade me senpai

Edgy AF but stylish, brtter than the ISIS retarded flag

Flag of St. Louis.

Alt flag.

I love the Greek Flag.

thats a flag for a beer festival

acceptable

high school dropout tier

injun tier

trying hard there KuK?

tattoo shop tier

having your seal on your flag tier

epileptic tier

injun tier

get rid of those stripes

Yeah. Throughout the balkans, that same boring three streak bullshit, and then suddenly this beauty

Bad, but passible city flag.

And I only show you that to show you this abomination

This flag is kinda cool
Fuck Portland though the traffic there makes me want to blow my head open

actually fuck this all your flags suck
im posting good ones now

Baltimore knows whats up

Maryland knows whats up

final

I've been searching for this thanks

flags aren't important to cities and states in the USA

the only flag any one of us needs for official occasion is our own stars and stripes

Debatable.

Respect

ez

best flag
prove me wrong

This was settled a long time ago.

This would be ok if it were a little bit stylised. Not much, just make the island a cleaner saucepan shape and remove the beige tower for the lighthouse or whatever, just leave the green triangle and enlarge it so you can actually see the fucking thing. A flag should represent concepts, not be a fucking picture.

In fact, fuck that. make top half white, bottom half blue, with a thick green line as a divider, and a green triangle at the center of the top left quadrant.

Not gonna lie, this is tough to beat.

This is the official flag of my home town. It sucks total balls, with the only redeeming feature being at least they avoided getting into a lot of garish, ugly colors.

Shame made me forget to attach mage.

Yeah it looks pretty shit

This is the unofficial flag which is about a million times better, though given the importance of gold mining in the early history of the city the white part should be gold, probably.

What is this

I love the design compared to the previous proposed one.

God-damn it.

Scottish flag is simple, yet beautiful.

I have seen a lot of people say that this flag somehow works despite breaking multiple rules for good flags, any explanation why? Is it just cultural attachment, or did it manage to make a good flag despite itself?

stop

fucking

doing

that

Bears are cool
The font is nice

That's all I got

The bear is too complicated. A flag needs to be drawable by a spastic child. Also, flags shouldn't have text.

Has someone posted that video on vexillology yet?

>AYY I'm wavin' here!!

Amsterdam is a cancer

But they have a badass looking flag.

But there is already a flag thread

New Mexico's flag, though ripped off, is objectively gorgeous

Three best state flags right here.

Arizona is certainly up there

Check this bitch out. Totally looks like some kind of South American fascist movement. That symbol in the middle ALLEGEDLY represents "the burning wheels of industry" or some bullshit. Ironically enough the town was destroyed and ghettoized when steel industry closed. Worst city in the worst state in the whole country.

Obligatory video for vexillology threads.

youtube.com/watch?v=pnv5iKB2hl4

Did a lil' retouch a while ago.

Is that the flag of Disneyland?

Observe the NAP

The problem is, if you adhere to those rules too strenuously, everything will look like it's designed by fucking Apple.

That's why I like the California flag. It breaks the rules, but it works as a whole.

California has a bad flag, but it's not as shitty as the three dozens of seal-on-a-bedsheet US state flags.

Arizona's flag is extremely overrated. It looks awful

You are wrong.

yeah mke's current flag is hideous, i actually really liked this flag that was designed for that people's flag of milwaukee contest. i see a couple people hanging this one (which i think won the contest) on houses in the east side.

It is a great city flag.

I mean, aesthetically speaking it IS a good flag...

>black, red and white
meh

I honestly love the Canadian flag. The simplicity of it is fantastic and it is just so pleasing to look at imo. Yeah it has a leaf on it, but it is way better than how every other country has stars on their flag, plus it looks really good on backpacks, hats, etc.

Hans
Are we the baddies?

Yes, but...
>A
>FUCKING
>LEAF

>A FUCKING LEAF

It's alright
The maple leaf is aesthetic af, I don't know why so many people complain

shut up your dumb /pol/ meme for one second and explain what's wrong with a leaf, especially the very distinctive leaf from the strong and resilient maple tree which is historically important to canada as a main source of both wood and sugar

Should have gone for a regular cuckstamp as you're still sucking the queen's cock like the tame colonial that you are

People who aren't autists realise that "muh flag rules" are only a guideline and that despite the fact that they're generally good ideas there are still several great flags that break at least one of these rules.
California being an example.

I love that 80s aesthetics to this
Its really symetrical so it pleases my autism. Kind of like how some people feel really releaved when they watch videos of pimples being poped, thats what the canadian flag is like for me