Universal literacy was a mistake

>Universal literacy was a mistake

Was he right lads?

[citation needed]

>That everyone can learn to read will ruin in the long run not only writing, but thinking too.

Zarathustra, Part 1, Section VII

He was wrong about everything. Allthough I agree that universal literacy is ultimately a negative it's for different reasons.

What is your reason?

Damn that's a redpill if I've ever seen one

Retarded people write retarded shit and less retarded people will believe it if the retarded shit is written well enough.

It creates another level of possible manipulation. Humans never needed literacy to manipulate each other, though. At least literacy starts to put people on some sort of even ground. Doesn't matter because of the black hole that is trolling and memes.

>He was wrong about everything.

hegeltard detected

I doubt you even know the reasons for why Zarathustra said that.

*tips fedora*

>He was wrong about everything
>t. Hegel

Vast swathes of the third world are still illiterate, I mean fuck, here in the U.K something like 7-10% have the functional literacy of a young child.

It was certainly a mistake to make Nietsche literate.

It depends if you want your nation to be ruined and fall into irrelevancy than illiteracy is the way to go.

The real mistake was universal franchise

Why did Zarathustra say it?

No, only Universal Sufferage was a mistake.

He read Hegel

No, it's the education system that is lagging behind. Obviously not in certain countries but the US system is designed to produce factory workers.

Universal literacy outside of the cities wasn't even a thing in his time.

I can actually sort of understand this sentiment, but at the end of the day literature and writing is only a more sophisticated form of manipulation and mistakes. If people can't read they'll just fall for spoken sophistry or their own emotional passions instead.
TL;DR Man will always be irrational and fallible

Literature and writing teaches man to think properly, but once he extracts his ideas from his experiences, they become vulnerable to debate.

Most people just don't debate then I guess.

US is like this too, nigs can't read

Lots of Hispanics and poor whites too.

spics can't even speak english