What would China be like if Mao and co. didn't take control, and someone like Chiang Kai-shek took control instead?

What would China be like if Mao and co. didn't take control, and someone like Chiang Kai-shek took control instead?

Would China be more or less the same, like a giant Taiwan, or completely different?

I saw the same question three days ago.

It would be worse, KMT was corrupt

I'd believe it, but I don't come around much.

this. see pic related OP and pick a book to read. this topic gets brought up once a week and it'd do this board good if people read up and widen the discussion

Doesn't help the fact that the KMT were corrupted as fuck while the one thing the communist was good at was to have a comnon goal

Imagine all of China today being as prosperous as Taiwan.

It would probably be considerably worse. Chiang's China was less of a modern state and more of a bigger warlord exacting tribute from a bunch of smaller warlords over the face of China. It was an unstable setup even before the Communists entered the picture in a big way, and almost certainly would have resulted in a second round of civil war.

>All of China being composed of whiny SJW manchildren who are raised by Southeast Asian maids and live with their parents.

....nah. Mainlanders maybe rude, but they sure as hell are independent in comparison to the sheltered cunts in Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Hmmm yummy bait

We found the chinese

We found the salty taiwanese

China would have to modernize one way or another. Who's to say it wouldn't be like Indonesia with certain parts South Korea or Japan tier.

Whose to say it wouldn't be like India, except poorer? You know, how it actually was under KMT rule?

It would basically be a slightly more right wing India. A giant corrupt, semi authoritarian democracy, that would always be "thirty years away from being the next big superpower".

still less people would have died so that'd be a plus.

good afternoon CCP shill

Taiwan is prosperous because it was propped up by Americans, they wouldn't support a puppet that would be more powerful than themselves. The US would most likely try to splinter China and prevent reunification.

>The US would most likely try to splinter China and prevent reunification.
Unlikely. The U.S. wasn't into the same style of imperialism the old european powers did. Theirs was mostly a market imperialism, of dumping a lot of exports, or later service exports, on the "colony". Business relations of that sort require stability, which is hard to do when you splinter a place the size of China into multiple warring camps.

I mean the hypothetical is way too vague. Do you mean that the CCP didn't exist? Because the reason Mao won was he had the best generals and leaders, so if it was just Mao who didn't exist then the CCP still might have won, except without a full retard as its figurehead

.t retarded burgershit
>Muh country of iagles iz too gud 2 do mean shit.

Amerishits should be banned from here.

t. butthurt 3rd worlder

Mao was a retard ruler, but a very good revolutionary. I'm not sure they could have done it without him.

should have made sure he drowned swimming in the yangtze

Spooky