I've set up a Discord server to encourage debate and discussion regarding Veeky Forums

I've set up a Discord server to encourage debate and discussion regarding Veeky Forums.

Discord provides a good platform for voice chat and discussion/debate regarding our shared interests. Since most members are from Veeky Forums, a small amount of shitposting will be tolerated as long as it's somewhat on topic.

This server is brand new as of this post and I'm hoping we can get something going here.

Link for those interested.
discord.gg/GEaSdEa

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/gJtaeb
discord.gg/2YZ9zUc
discord.gg/6VC5Unc
discord.gg/mts56hk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As an oldfag I still don't understand why discord replaced IRC I hope all you teenaged gen z chucklefucks die in a tire fire.

Because discord is more modern.

this

Plus, IRC is just becoming more archaic.

We already have a Veeky Forums discord

Second this motion.

it's shit, plus this one is already being promoted through other servers

There's been multiple, but they're all dead.

Yeah but lets be fair, there's been ones before it that have died, that one is on the way out and at least this has the backing of some other discords.

>I've set up a Discord server
I'm sick of you advertising that site here, if it was any good to begin with, you wouldn't need to whore yourself for users.

nice server m80. Will definitely use this. Thanks

As an IRC user to this day I can say there's no justifiable reason to do it other than old friends and downloading niche shit.
Discord supersedes it on pretty much every level and that's why it's taking off. It has every single thing needed for mass appeal this days.

Discord is radically superior. Nostalgic fags will still use IRC no matter what.

Literally why do people make Discord servers and then advertise them here? We already have a place for "discussion/debate regarding our shared interests", that's what this board is for you retard.

Because it's natural for people to want a chat.

Nothing stops anyone from chatting here.

People desire chatrooms.

what is wrong with having a competant server for our board?

And this one will turn to shit too, fuck off.
NOT Veeky Forums RELATED

no
which one are you talking about

ours is active
discord.gg/gJtaeb

your server is shit and inactive.

it isn't. we have people chatting daily for months now. it yours that is gonna be shit and die

>tfw I'm gen z and I didn't know what IRC was until this post

can discordniggers fuck off already? drama and tripfaggotry always spawns in discords and spills over onto the board or threads, shitting it up.

You have to go back.

name one example when it has

/arse/
/bet/
/wwe/ general

/asp/ was a mistake.

They need to merge it all back with /sp/

Drama only starts when 'veteran' 4channers complain about not getting in jokes

You can't decide if you want to be a Veeky Forums server or a Veeky Forums server so you're merging the two together just because someone made a better alternative. Top kek.

Here's the real server for actual Veeky Forums natives:
discord.gg/2YZ9zUc

no we're a Veeky Forums server we don't discover literature at all you fuck

you literally can't make up your mind. you got triggered by the mere fact this newer server grew to 41 people in an hour, and you're already posting your invites in random Veeky Forums servers to make up for the fact.

OP's server is more Veeky Forums than the twenty shitposters you have in there now.

Agreed, the newer server doesn't have Veeky Forumsfags and it's leagues better. It's so empty in /hislit/ except shitposting

bump

Top ten best flags.

bump

can we get a vex channel?

Please stop making threads just to advertise your discord newfag-kun

this

>admitting you're underage
enjoy your ban

I hope I redpilled some folks

Gen Z goes back to 1995 you fucking faggot. Plus I was phoneposting 4 hours ago so good luck with that

Starts in 95 you tard

are we just shitposting hard now?

surpassed 110 people now. congratulations Veeky Forums

Here is a better, less autistic server. discord.gg/6VC5Unc

>samefagging
we've existed a long time we're not in competition. we're the legitimate representatives of Veeky Forums and we don't water down discussion by inviting lgbt and other apostate boards into our midst

cool.

here's the real, larger server that doesn't need to be a "representative of Veeky Forums": discord.gg/mts56hk